Controversial opinions that'll get you punched by a KI fan

SonofBaconator

"No, you probably wont be riding today"  said to the guest that jumped the fence after the ride was closed. This is only after they walked up to us and loudly announced how they just had to close the day with Diamondback even though the line was closed.

Ride ops saw it and had them hauled off. He then tried coming after me, pulling his shirt off saying how he was going to take me out for being a rat...LOL What he didnt know is that for the last 2 years my son and I closed the line at DB every night we are there and if someone is behind us... well you entered the line after it was closed.

He was also waiting up front for me but I had some ride ops who were at the park as guest walk out with us. So, yes this can figuratively and literally almost get you punched at the park, KI fan or not. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Waltny said:

"No, you probably wont be riding today"  said to the guest that jumped the fence after the ride was closed. This is only after they walked up to us and loudly announced how they just had to close the day with Diamondback even though the line was closed.

Was this during haunt? Sounds like a haunt story. Haunt is like a full moon, it brings out the crazy in some people. :P

• Like 1

My final rides on SoB came just two weeks before it's closure in mid June of 2009. They were absolutely awful. By the time it closed, it was good riddance. I never got to ride it pre-loop removal, but by the end it was nasty. It's kind of like Disaster Transport to me. A lot of CP fans fondly remember the original queue or blacklight queue of the early 2000s. By the end, it was ugly and not even air conditioned anymore. I much prefer Banshee and GateKeeper in their places. 

• Like 3

On 4/15/2021 at 10:40 AM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Or how about this: Adventure Express is a pointless stupid ride all together and should be removed and replaced with something good. 

I wouldn't say it's a stupid ride. I see a lot of kids run back to the ride afterwards. Yes the final hill is a let down after the forbidden temple, but If you take out Adventure Express, you lose your mine ride and a piece of history. I don't think Mine ride roller coasters are made anymore. Someone please correct me If I'm wrong.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Shawn Meyer said:

I wouldn't say it's a stupid ride. I see a lot of kids run back to the ride afterwards. Yes the final hill is a let down after the forbidden temple, but If you take out Adventure Express, you lose your mine ride and a piece of history. I don't think Mine ride roller coasters are made anymore. Someone please correct me If I'm wrong.

Ok I will correct you. :P Vekoma made one of these as recently as 2018, and they still offer them on their web site. The Mine Train is actually one of Vekoma's most popular models, and they clearly copied/took inspiration from the old Arrow Mine Trains of the past. (Granted the newest Mine Trains from Vekoma are computer designed and such, and thus are probably way smoother than the older Arrow models)

https://www.vekoma.com/mine-train-coasters

PS- Adventure Express IMO serves a spot in KI's lineup. It is a fairly popular ride with good reliability and great capacity and also a cult following, and while 30 years is old age for most steel coasters, Mine Trains can go 50+ so AE is actually only middle aged.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, McSalsa said:

Ok I will correct you. :P Vekoma made one of these as recently as 2018, and they still offer them on their web site. The Mine Train is actually one of Vekoma's most popular models, and they clearly copied/took inspiration from the old Arrow Mine Trains of the past. (Granted the newest Mine Trains from Vekoma are computer designed and such, and thus are probably way smoother than the older Arrow models)

https://www.vekoma.com/mine-train-coasters

S&S makes Mine Train coasters too.

http://s-s.com/rides/mine-train-coaster/

• Like 3

Not my opinion, just a comment I read a while back:

"Kings Island needs to tear down The Racer and Adventure Express because they need an update like Cedar Point."

My actual opinion:

They should add a double down element on the airtime hills on Racer immediately following the turnarounds, just to add more airtime. 

3 hours ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

Not my opinion, just a comment I read a while back:

"Kings Island needs to tear down The Racer and Adventure Express because they need an update like Cedar Point."

My actual opinion:

They should add a double down element on the airtime hills on Racer immediately following the turnarounds, just to add more airtime. 

They should reprofile the whole ride tbh. I have never gotten much airtime if any at all.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

They should reprofile the whole ride tbh. I have never gotten much airtime if any at all.

Same here. I love riding it each time I visit, but it definitely needs some touching up to restore the airtime. I can't wait to try the new track this season to see how well it runs.