PKIC and PKIU Forums Merged!

Dane

After a strenuously two and a half weeks of programming, JJ from Nexigen and myself have been writing a program to merge two IPS forums. Well we tested it and fixed the glitches. Now you can obviously see all those glitches have been fixed and the forums are now up and running at 100%. Including the infamous time glitch.

I spent my Thanksgiving writing another code to automatically recount everyones post count. This code was trained to go into the database and count every single post you actually have on the boards. For example, if you have made 20 posts, and 8 have been deleted, your total post count now is 12. Now for you PKIC/PKIU people, the example above goes for you too, but the actually PKIC and actually PKIU posts were added together.

In the process we had to move PKIU to Nexigen servers to keep it all local on one server. This prevented timeouts that would have occurred. We also had to change some databases around to accommodate the program. Due to the way PKIU the site was written by Aaron, (hard coded), the site could not be saved, but have no worry, the content from PKIU will be re merging soon in a different form.

What about combining post counts from PKIU and here that were different? I was Coasterrz over on PKIU and over here, I have an s in my screen name. If possible, I would like my post count combined to my CoastersRZ here. I only ask this because I had over 1,000 posts (I think, if not, it was close to 1,000). over on PKIU and only recently started posting a lot on PKIC, mostly since PKIC bought PKIU. If it is too much trouble, don`t worry about it.

Although the forums have now combined and are at PKIC, PKIU will still have a place in my heart because I have been going there for a couple years before PKIC, and I joined there first. Another thing, to the mods, since you made that thread at PKIU about maybe not keeping PKIU up for financial reasons, will it remain up or is the rest of the site eventually going to close?

Although the forums have now combined and are at PKIC, PKIU will still have a place in my heart because I have been going there for a couple years before PKIC, and I joined there first. Another thing, to the mods, since you made that thread at PKIU about maybe not keeping PKIU up for financial reasons, will it remain up or is the rest of the site eventually going to close?

Finance isn't an issue. We moved PKIU over to Nexigen and it was taking the same bandwidth, payment, whatever that PKIC was having. Same account and everything.

The problem was that due to the move, some of the databases had to be renamed, and the writer of PKIU hard copied the old databases, so it was impossible to link things directly.

We're still trying to decide exactly what to do with the content.

Ryan