Kings Island 2021 Food News and Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

7 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

I legit didn't know Chic-fil-a wasn't on the mealplan at KI (have the mealplan just never tried to get it) bummer. That's like my favorite place to use the meal plan at CP.

When did that stop?  It's always been on before.  It's listed on CP's dining plan.

3 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

When did that stop?  It's always been on before.  It's listed on CP's dining plan.

It is no big loss anyways. They have slowly been chipping away at the mealplan options anyways. First they took away my spicy chicken option then last year they would not even allow me to get sweet tea there with my drink plan.

19 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

I legit didn't know Chic-fil-a wasn't on the mealplan at KI (have the mealplan just never tried to get it) bummer. That's like my favorite place to use the meal plan at CP.

Kings Island website states Chic Fil a is on the dinning plan (Nuggets or Sandwich)

• 2 weeks later...

Chef's Plate returns Jun 2nd.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2021/may/kings-island-foodie-news-chefs-plate-returns-june-2

Starting Wednesday, June 2 at 5 p.m. is Chef’s Plate at Wishbone Grille on International Street. So, tell all your friends and come on out and say hello. (Yes, it’s on the Dining Plan.) The first week for Chef’s Plate will feature Smoked Pork Belly with Peppered Whiskey Molasses Glaze, Zucchini & Corn Fritters, Brussel Sprout & Onion Skewers.

PXL_20201003_205738859.jpg

• Like 2

I tried the chicken salad croissant from French quarter. Tasty. Felt like a healthy option. Not nearly as filling as a mound of food like from panda.. but left me satisfied and feeling good.

Surprised it was served as just chicken salad on croissant… no lettuce or tomato… perhaps I’m supposed to request these things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disappointed.
Went today, rain and all, specially for the chefs plate.

I knew about it from their advertisements on Facebook, specially from chef majors Facebook page. Apparently they put a notice out on Twitter that it was canceled, but I only checked Facebook so I didn’t see that.

Wish they would have made more of an effort to let people know it was canceled (or at least an equal effort to what they did to promote that it was going to start today)

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, chuck norris said:

I knew about it from their advertisements on Facebook, specially from chef majors Facebook page. Apparently they put a notice out on Twitter that it was canceled, but I only checked Facebook so I didn’t see that.

This is something I've never understood.  Social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) are like bulletin boards in different places.  If you're gonna put your message out there, you use every bulletin board you can find to make sure it reaches people.  Instead, so many companies will just post key updates in one place.  Like, use every appropriate method you can to get the message out (an email blast for cancelling Chef's Plate might be a bit much).

• Like 1

I had the Pub Burger and Blue Ice Cream Beer yesterday.

I'm not a beer drinker, but I did enjoy BICB.  The beer aftertaste was annoying, but then again, it's beer....soooooo....

The Pub Burger was really good!  It reminded me of an "old diner" burger.  The other burgers I have had at CF parks were what a friend referred to as "worm burgers."  There was no effort to hide the extrusion process.  Visually unappealing and tasting bland, I decided no more CF burgers.  The Pub Burger did not look like worms; the patties were thin and pan fried, with a crust.  Condiments were tasty.  Tots were cold, and I ordered my burger without tomato.  Burger was hot, so I surmised that the food is not made to order but is plated up and put on a shelf to be picked up.  

I did eat barside, so it was great to not have to wait for an hour to be seated.  

• Like 2

Went on Wednesday during all the rain, and ate at the Brewhouse. The Pub burger and tots were hot and fantastic. Ended up staying all day in the drizzle then ate at Hank's. Best chicken bowl I've had in quite awhile. Went over yesterday, and the family wanted the Brewhouse again tried the BBLT. Not my favorite as the bacon was too chewy. Must be crisp for a sandwich.  However in all my trips, and meals yesterday was the only bad experience with a meal. I will stick with the cod sandwich and burger at Brewhouse.

• Like 2

I had the Pub Burger for my first meal and it was fantastic.  It may be the best theme park burger you'll eat.

I had the Sirloin Roast for the second meal.  It was better the two previous times I had experienced it, today it was a little dried out.  It was good to see Coney BBQ have both sides open today though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I had the Pub Burger for my first meal and it was fantastic.  It may be the best theme park burger you'll eat.

I had the Sirloin Roast for the second meal.  It was better the two previous times I had experienced it, today it was a little dried out.  It was good to see Coney BBQ have both sides open today though.

While many other food places were unfortunately closed today, it was nice seeing Coney BBQ operate with both sides open again. I haven’t seen it operate like that since 2019.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2021 at 5:45 PM, chuck norris said:

Disappointed.
Went today, rain and all, specially for the chefs plate.

Wish they would have made more of an effort to let people know it was canceled (or at least an equal effort to what they did to promote that it was going to start today)

I too was confused when I went there about 5:30 yesterday to get dinner and saw it closed.  At first I thought it was only going to be on Saturdays like last year, but apparently it's every day, except apparently on days they don't feel like doing it, when there a couple of pop up showers in the early afternoon or when Venus is in transit.