Kings Island 2021 Food News and Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

I too was confused when I went there about 5:30 yesterday to get dinner and saw it closed.  At first I thought it was only going to be on Saturdays like last year, but apparently it's every day, except apparently on days they don't feel like doing it, when there a couple of pop up showers in the early afternoon or when Venus is in transit.  

As was clearly stated on the blog it is every Wednesday at 5pm.  They are using it to bring in people on a normally low attendance day this year so hopefully the line won't have to form an hour and a half before service.

14 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Any else find it kind of odd that Chef Major looks really proud and happy that the Chef’s Plate has been canceled?  

I understand it is a stock photo being used but seems to me like an weird choice in this circumstance.  

No matter what have been used you'd find something that wasn't right to you. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

How is the wording confusing?

In my opinion if it’s canceled. They just should have said “due to weather, the chef plate is canceled today”

Instead they said, “due to weather, it won’t be served at wishbone grill”…. Which seems to imply that maybe they are going to move the location to somewhere that won’t be impacted by weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, chuck norris said:

In my opinion if it’s canceled. They just should have said “due to weather, the chef plate is canceled today”

Instead they said, “due to weather, it won’t be served at wishbone grill”…. Which seems to imply that maybe they are going to move the location to somewhere that won’t be impacted by weather.

I see your point. Apparently someone in the comment section of the Tweet was thinking the same thing. LOL!

On 6/8/2021 at 3:38 PM, robintodd said:

As was clearly stated on the blog it is every Wednesday at 5pm.  They are using it to bring in people on a normally low attendance day this year so hopefully the line won't have to form an hour and a half before service.

From the blog: Back by popular demand (you have asked for it) and starting Wednesday, June 2 at 5 p.m. is Chef’s Plate at Wishbone Grille on International Street. So, tell all your friends and come on out and say hello. (Yes, it’s on the Dining Plan.) The first week for Chef’s Plate will feature Smoked Pork Belly with Peppered Whiskey Molasses Glaze, Zucchini & Corn Fritters, Brussel Sprout & Onion Skewers.

clearly stated?

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

From the blog: Back by popular demand (you have asked for it) and starting Wednesday, June 2 at 5 p.m. is Chef’s Plate at Wishbone Grille on International Street. So, tell all your friends and come on out and say hello. (Yes, it’s on the Dining Plan.) The first week for Chef’s Plate will feature Smoked Pork Belly with Peppered Whiskey Molasses Glaze, Zucchini & Corn Fritters, Brussel Sprout & Onion Skewers.

clearly stated?

Well from that blog post it is worded like starting on Wed June 2 the first 7 days will be Smoked Pork Belly.

57 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

Well from that blog post it is worded like starting on Wed June 2 the first 7 days will be Smoked Pork Belly.

I could see how it could be interpreted that way, but if you know the Chef's Plate from last year,  you know it was only once a week.  Also I believe Don has stated in these forums that it will be back but on a week day, not on Saturday.  

BTW, the buffalo dip (this months at Brew House) is fantastic.

Hey, just a heads up for any French Corner fans.  If you are there on a slow day, like yesterday, make sure to eat lunch there if you want to eat there.  We walked by around 3 to grab a snack and they were closed.

Likewise, I went at 11 Tuesday and they were not open yet. Left the park around noon and they were still closed… so it seems like that might be one of the first places to close if staffing gets tight.

2 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

Hey, just a heads up for any French Corner fans.  If you are there on a slow day, like yesterday, make sure to eat lunch there if you want to eat there.  We walked by around 3 to grab a snack and they were closed.

Maybe it was closed earlier, but it’s open now at 6:15.

29 minutes ago, MoreFogPlease said:

D’oh!

I got the chicken salad sandwich. It was small but pretty good. A nice option for when you’re not hungry for a big meal.

Yeah, that’s what my wife and I love about The French Corner.  If I want something light, this is it!!

• Like 1

Ended up wondering into Jukebox Diner last night to just look at the menu and glad I did.  Not only do they have a monthly special (Turkey Ruben currently) but I noticed a patty melt on the menu I had never noticed before.  Since it was on the meal plan I got it and it was fantastic!  I used to get LaRosa's pizza, Skyline or Panda Express about 4-3 years ago but recently I've been looking exclusively at items I can only get at KI and have not been disappointed.  

I think KI should do more to point out the new menu items available every year as well as maybe a blog post on the "monthly specials".  For example, the dip at Brewhouse, Special at Jukebox diner, etc.  Chef Major has really upped the game and I'm eagerly looking forward to the first chef's plate of the year.

• Like 3

Ended up wondering into Jukebox Diner last night to just look at the menu and glad I did.  Not only do they have a monthly special (Turkey Ruben currently) but I noticed a patty melt on the menu I had never noticed before.  Since it was on the meal plan I got it and it was fantastic!  I used to get LaRosa's pizza, Skyline or Panda Express about 4-3 years ago but recently I've been looking exclusively at items I can only get at KI and have not been disappointed.  
I think KI should do more to point out the new menu items available every year as well as maybe a blog post on the "monthly specials".  For example, the dip at Brewhouse, Special at Jukebox diner, etc.  Chef Major has really upped the game and I'm eagerly looking forward to the first chef's plate of the year.

Looks like KI is watching these threads…. As they just put out a feature on Twitter about the offerings at Juke box
2a859349c051067f7d467a52a620b92d.jpg

• Like 2

Ruh-roh KDD!

Also, I had a baguette from French Corner today (yes, it was open!) and it was pretty good. I got the butter with it, but I was not a fan of the flavor. I ended up eating it plain, and it was better that way. ^_^

On a random side-note, it's also smaller than I expected. Nonetheless, it was still good.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 6:30 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

I can’t wait until mobile ordering comes back. I was told by the Powers That Be that they were aiming for an early June relaunch, but I’m guessing that due to the labor shortages that it got pushed back - perhaps not even happening this year. 

My one experience with using mobile ordering in 2019 was a flop.  I tried it at the Festhaus, and the app said the food was ready, but I stood by the drink stand for twenty minutes waiting on my food.  Would have been quicker for me to go through the normal line than to do the mobile ordering.

Has anyone gone to Disney World and done mobile ordering at their quick service locations.  I know that they were pushing most food orders at these locations through the mobile app.  This got people out of the long lines to order the food.  I haven`t been down to Disney World since 2013, so I cannot attest to how Disney does mobile ordering.  I will hopefully return their in Spring of 2022.

Went to Coney BBQ yesterday to try the new monthly special  Smoked Boneless Short Ribs, House Peach BBQ Sauce and Cucumber Salad.  Had it and it was good.  The Peach BBQ isn't something I would normally try but it was tasty.

Also noticed at the Chicken Shack they had a "wing sauce of the month".  Maple Bourbon Glaze.  Very good.

Bon Appetit!

• Like 2