Kings Island 2021 Food News and Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

Anyone know if there’s going to be an attempt at the chefs plate this evening? Not seen anything about it yet. 

I attended it the last two weeks, when it was canceled. On Twitter they said today that it was on. Of course I’m out of town this week, so go enjoy it for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after 2 rain-outs they first chef's plate of 2021 happened!  The line started forming around 4:15 for the chefs plate.  At 5 the line seems to almost reach Skyline.  

It was, as usual, amazing.  The glaze on the pork belly was fantastic and paired well with the zucchini & corn fritter.  The brussel sprouts and onions were a nice bonus.  Well done Culinary Team!  Looking forward to next week.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

Went fast! I got there about 5:45 and passed chef leaving. Figured I missed it. 

Just because you see Chef James leaving doesn't mean it's over.  He had 3-4 sous chef's manning the grill.  I think he just starts it up and once they are auto pilot he leaves.  So next time, check at the grill.

5 hours ago, robintodd said:

Just because you see Chef James leaving doesn't mean it's over.  He had 3-4 sous chef's manning the grill.  I think he just starts it up and once they are auto pilot he leaves.  So next time, check at the grill.

5:45 was right around the sell out time last year on most nights, so I believe him. Glad to see it’s still successful. 

Maybe they can continue to grow this, or… crazy idea… elevate the food offerings on a regular basis. Things are definitely better, but I’d pay more to have food along these lines daily, and the quick sell out demonstrates there’s a demand for it. Would I think be a better read on the market for it if it WASNT on the dining plan. If people had to pay for it would be interesting to see if it sell drew such a crowd. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I saw a pic of the pork on Instagram. It looked delicious. 

Id like to see two things from the food people. More elevated food offerings.  And some dirt cheap options. 

I’d love to see hot dog carts. Just people serving cheap foil wrapped hotdogs that people could grab then hop in line and keep riding.  I think you could feed a family for cheaper and greatly reduce the crowds at restaurants for little cost. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Snowball said:

Got some philly fries from Get Loaded (food truck) during my lunch break today, highly recommended. They’re so unhealthy but sooo good. :P

I did as well. Plus I also got a meal at C-stone so I would be full enough for the rest of my shift which mainly consisted of operating the Grand Carousel for one hour and cleaning at another pie in Snoopy (those who work Snoopy or rides in general will know what I mean when I say pie lol) as well as guest relating at the base since the Eiffel Tower was 2-9 weather due to wind the entire time lol.

Popped in for a quick lunch.
French quarter wasn’t open at 11… again.
This is what the app needs. Accurate dining open/closed times… and the ability for the park to update these times as needed based on staffing.

I understand staffing is rough, so I’m not upset… but it’s the communication that gets me. This place often opens late… maybe they could get a sign to put in the window that says “opening at 11:30 today”… like sweet shop does when they open late.

I ended up at brewhouse. Which was great. Although I was surprised to see 6 employees standing around and hearing the staff say they are overstaffed. 5363e280c893f3ba98361bdb7217b9af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here is my review of the cinnamon bread from my PTR: We decided to get some of the cinnamon bread that is at French Corner. I would give it a 4 out of 5. I am not sure how long it had been sitting, but it was a little dry. It really could have been a little more buttery for my taste. Still a great treat offering at the park and would recommend you try it.

Photo_1624229330457.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Here is my review of the cinnamon bread from my PTR: We decided to get some of the cinnamon bread that is at French Corner. I would give it a 4 out of 5. I am not sure how long it had been sitting, but it was a little dry. It really could have been a little more buttery for my taste. Still a great treat offering at the park and would recommend you try it.

Photo_1624229330457.jpg

If it is anything like Dollywood cinnamon bread it completely sucks when it sits too long and gets cold. Eat it fresh and hot or not at all. I am guessing hardly anybody knows it is there and maybe it even needs to be elsewhere. I just hope it isn't a sign of a canceled Winterfest.