Kings Island 2021 Food News and Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

I'm not a big fan of eating at Subway in the dry side of the park.  But, for some reason I enjoy eating there at Soak City.  I haven't seen the Coney Mall Subway open yet this year.  

Does anyone have any information on whether the Soak City Subway is open?

Thanks in advance.

(Please keep the "Im sure someone does" comments to yourself)

2 hours ago, jughead90210 said:

I'm not a big fan of eating at Subway in the dry side of the park.  But, for some reason I enjoy eating there at Soak City.  I haven't seen the Coney Mall Subway open yet this year.  

Does anyone have any information on whether the Soak City Subway is open?

Thanks in advance.

(Please keep the "Im sure someone does" comments to yourself)

I am here today, and saw it open earlier.

Here ya go @jughead90210. Got a pic for you.

PXL_20210702_203021086.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2021 at 6:26 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

Slaw with 4hr energy added? <_<

The idea of someone having their go-to Power Slaw that's just coleslaw with a 5-Hour Energy in it made me belly laugh. I'm imagining Hulk Hogan being like, "Gotta 'slaw up before the big match, brother!"

Calling it now: Power Slaw is the official snack of KIC.

• Haha 2

Finally got to enjoy a chefs plate and it was something I only like lol it was really done well! Salmon is the only fish I like beside cod and i could taste the cedar notes from the plank and the Jam and cauliflower on top went well with it. And the portion was huge. It was exciting to get to enjoy a special offering. My friend was shocked that that was at Kings Island in a good way :)

1D85B5DC-28CD-43F2-B6B5-852ADAA426D5.jpeg

41D589FC-7E22-4413-A4E4-4755D07BECE1.jpeg

AA37CFF7-4F1C-404A-A30A-1A3EF7860910.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Well Hot diggity dog:P

This sounds delicious and I'm still not going to bother waiting in line for this.

For those too lazy to look:

The Downtown Dog features a 10-inch, quarter pound bacon wrapped Eisenberg hot dog on a garlic and herb toasted roll, braised short-ribs in a port wine sauce, fire roasted shishido peppers, fried red onions, dill crema and served with truffle and parmesan chips

I  don't think you should try this if you are counting calories.  LOL!

I tried JukeBox Diner for the first time in awhile on Saturday.  While the line moved terribly slow the food I got was good and piping hot.  The food service has completely been turned around this year.  We used to go to Skyline alot in the park because it was generally safe and quick but I am happy at what I am seeing.  Our visits have been less this year than in years past but sometime life gets in the way.

• Like 1

I tried French Corner for the first time yesterday! I got the berries and cream cream puff. It was delicious and light. I liked Yogurt Plus in that building, but I vastly prefer French Corner. I'd absolutely love to see the park continue to embrace unique, non-chain food experiences. (I get why they can be important to help more finicky guests find somewhere they'll spend money on food, and I guess I can begrudge them that. I just really like it when parks have unique dining experiences that can't be found anywhere else.)

I've become a bit of a baking nerd over the last two years, so pardon my nerdiness for a minute: I'm not totally sure if the cream puff was made with choux pastry or croissant dough. It didn't look like it'd been hollowed out how croissant dough might require in that application. But, it also seemed too flaky to be choux pastry. Or maybe I'm just bad at making choux pastry. :P Either way, it was buttery and delicious.

• Like 3

We have ate at the French Corner several times now. We have enjoyed it. If it was me I would make sandwich 2/3 the size they are now and give out 2. Otherwise a great option.

It’s definitely not filling, and I wouldn’t turn down a 1/3 more sandwich… but it’s still my preferred location for a healthy feeling lunch.

Maybe they could bulk it up a bit more with a slice of tomato and some mixed greens on the sandwich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

We enjoyed the Ham and Cheese Croissant, but I hated those fries. They were like the awful mini potato sticks from salad bars of old. I wish they would swap them out with a nice kettle chip bag. 

I like the “fries”… although I think it helps to think of them as skinny potato chips… and if so they taste like what you expect (a potato chip)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk