Kings Island 2021 Food News and Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

4 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I was specifically looking for a Chef's Plate post. Thanks! 

At the bottom of the blog it provides info about chefs plate 

“The Food and Beverage Team here at Kings Island are so excited to present all this wonderful food for you to enjoy beginning this Saturday through Aug. 1. That being said, we will be postponing Chef’s Plate until after Grand Carnivale. Thanks for understanding!”

• Like 2

On 7/6/2021 at 3:08 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

D335DAE7-B4C9-43DF-B2B5-88FA4302BB81.jpeg

I tried the flat bread of the month. It was some sort of vegetarian dish. Had a healthy “feel” to it. Bread was pretty good!

Where is this flat bread you speak of? And do they have flat bread pizzas? If so, I might have to try it...

-MDMC, one of those "more finicky guests" (I'm a picky eater) mentioned earlier in the thread (re: unique dining offerings) :P

EDIT: Ok, so I just realized from the picture if these are available at Brewhouse. Wonder if they have fflatbread cheese pizzas...

Decided to get the dining plan yesterday for the first after spending a lifetime trying to be as cheap as possible. It's rather late in the season...so hopefully I'll be going to the park enough to justify it.

Ended up getting the smoked ribs from Coney BBQ and the fries. I was very please with both. Now suddenly I want to go to the park as much for food as for rides.

In that Grand Carnvale post, it doesn't mention locations or the dining plan. Did anyone get to check it out? Also, is that a handwich I see in the picture?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoomPlague said:

Decided to get the dining plan yesterday for the first after spending a lifetime trying to be as cheap as possible. It's rather late in the season...so hopefully I'll be going to the park enough to justify it.

Ended up getting the smoked ribs from Coney BBQ and the fries. I was very please with both. Now suddenly I want to go to the park as much for food as for rides.

In that Grand Carnvale post, it doesn't mention locations or the dining plan. Did anyone get to check it out? Also, is that a handwich I see in the picture?

Dining plan is not good for Carnivale.  You can buy 9 tastings online for $45 + tax ($50 + tax at the park) if you're a season pass holder and they are good throughout the run of the event.  I have 6 more to use tonight when I go and everything I have tried is amazing.

As far as locations you can go to the KI website and see which locations have what.  The are all branched off of international street.

After Carnivale is over we will hopefully have the return of the Chef's Plate with is included on the dining plan "A Plate Like No Other" :)

1 hour ago, robintodd said:

Dining plan is not good for Carnivale.  You can buy 9 tastings online for $45 + tax ($50 + tax at the park) if you're a season pass holder and they are good throughout the run of the event.  I have 6 more to use tonight when I go and everything I have tried is amazing.

As far as locations you can go to the KI website and see which locations have what.  The are all branched off of international street.

After Carnivale is over we will hopefully have the return of the Chef's Plate with is included on the dining plan "A Plate Like No Other" :)

Ah, thanks. I probably should have checked it out yesterday but was too focused on other things. I do want to check out Chef's plate.

14 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Nope, looks like a relatively flat plate to me other than the thin bezel. 

34E2A0EF-E1A1-4967-A426-86EAFC8EB980.jpeg

Actually it is called "Home Base"  The only reason it was ever called a plate was because in the early days of the sport a metal plate was used. 
https://www.theoleballgame.com/why-is-the-home-plate-called-the-home-plate.html

So still, not a plate. :)

• 3 weeks later...

The park is getting as bad as the big box stores with the early decorations.  Maybe this should be moved to the Winterfest 2021 thread?

Anyhoo, the RTFS is looking like the perfect place for me to hold court.  I shall bring the Valravn Throne I lifted off CP since they abdicated it with Yukon Striker.  :P

• 3 weeks later...

So, about those lights... did they hang those from Diamondback? I saw that the strand ended at the train station, but I can't see what the upper half of those lights is connected to. Also, I went to Big Bash at least twice when I worked at the park and very much enjoyed it! :D

And @King Ding Dong, that Valravn throne makes me think of this music video (you'll see it mostly at the end):