Jump to content

Kings Island 2021 Food News and Reviews


IndyGuy4KI
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I was specifically looking for a Chef's Plate post. Thanks! 

At the bottom of the blog it provides info about chefs plate 

“The Food and Beverage Team here at Kings Island are so excited to present all this wonderful food for you to enjoy beginning this Saturday through Aug. 1. That being said, we will be postponing Chef’s Plate until after Grand Carnivale. Thanks for understanding!”

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2021 at 3:08 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

D335DAE7-B4C9-43DF-B2B5-88FA4302BB81.jpeg

I tried the flat bread of the month. It was some sort of vegetarian dish. Had a healthy “feel” to it. Bread was pretty good!

Where is this flat bread you speak of? And do they have flat bread pizzas? If so, I might have to try it...

-MDMC, one of those "more finicky guests" (I'm a picky eater) mentioned earlier in the thread (re: unique dining offerings) :P

EDIT: Ok, so I just realized from the picture if these are available at Brewhouse. Wonder if they have fflatbread cheese pizzas...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Decided to get the dining plan yesterday for the first after spending a lifetime trying to be as cheap as possible. It's rather late in the season...so hopefully I'll be going to the park enough to justify it.

Ended up getting the smoked ribs from Coney BBQ and the fries. I was very please with both. Now suddenly I want to go to the park as much for food as for rides.

In that Grand Carnvale post, it doesn't mention locations or the dining plan. Did anyone get to check it out? Also, is that a handwich I see in the picture?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DoomPlague said:

Decided to get the dining plan yesterday for the first after spending a lifetime trying to be as cheap as possible. It's rather late in the season...so hopefully I'll be going to the park enough to justify it.

Ended up getting the smoked ribs from Coney BBQ and the fries. I was very please with both. Now suddenly I want to go to the park as much for food as for rides.

In that Grand Carnvale post, it doesn't mention locations or the dining plan. Did anyone get to check it out? Also, is that a handwich I see in the picture?

Dining plan is not good for Carnivale.  You can buy 9 tastings online for $45 + tax ($50 + tax at the park) if you're a season pass holder and they are good throughout the run of the event.  I have 6 more to use tonight when I go and everything I have tried is amazing.

As far as locations you can go to the KI website and see which locations have what.  The are all branched off of international street.

After Carnivale is over we will hopefully have the return of the Chef's Plate with is included on the dining plan "A Plate Like No Other" :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, robintodd said:

Dining plan is not good for Carnivale.  You can buy 9 tastings online for $45 + tax ($50 + tax at the park) if you're a season pass holder and they are good throughout the run of the event.  I have 6 more to use tonight when I go and everything I have tried is amazing.

As far as locations you can go to the KI website and see which locations have what.  The are all branched off of international street.

After Carnivale is over we will hopefully have the return of the Chef's Plate with is included on the dining plan "A Plate Like No Other" :)

Ah, thanks. I probably should have checked it out yesterday but was too focused on other things. I do want to check out Chef's plate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Why do they call it a plate?  In all the pics I have seen it served in baskets.  

Also, I assume you have a problem with the Home Plate in baseball as well :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Nope, looks like a relatively flat plate to me other than the thin bezel. 
 

 

34E2A0EF-E1A1-4967-A426-86EAFC8EB980.jpeg

Actually it is called "Home Base"  The only reason it was ever called a plate was because in the early days of the sport a metal plate was used. 
https://www.theoleballgame.com/why-is-the-home-plate-called-the-home-plate.html
 

So still, not a plate. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Good news… grand carnival is done this weekend.
So next Wednesday the chef’s plate should return..
so only 1 more week of discussing the merits of plates vs trays until we can get back to drilling over excellent meal plan options.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

The park is getting as bad as the big box stores with the early decorations.  Maybe this should be moved to the Winterfest 2021 thread?

Anyhoo, the RTFS is looking like the perfect place for me to hold court.  I shall bring the Valravn Throne I lifted off CP since they abdicated it with Yukon Striker.  :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

They put that up just for that event?

Yes, the event is called Big Bash for a reason! Ha ha. There was a DJ/dance area under those lights. The theme this year was Grand Carnivale—they do a different theme every year.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

Yes, the event is called Big Bash for a reason! Ha ha. There was a DJ/dance area under those lights. The theme this year was Grand Carnivale—they do a different theme every year.

How… convenient. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, AnyPancakes said:

The island smoke house has a cucumber tomato and mint salad today that was very simple and very excellent. That and some pulled pork made for an awesome dinner. 

Didn't get a pic?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, about those lights... did they hang those from Diamondback? I saw that the strand ended at the train station, but I can't see what the upper half of those lights is connected to. Also, I went to Big Bash at least twice when I worked at the park and very much enjoyed it! :D

And @King Ding Dong, that Valravn throne makes me think of this music video (you'll see it mostly at the end):

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...