Gerstlauer to build one-of-a-kind, record-breaking roller coaster at Glenwood Caverns; Opens May 2022

20 hours ago, rlentless said:

Here is someone who thinks it's going to Cedar Point.

The mere fact that the name "Gerstlauer" is continually mispronounced "GerTslauer" in that video undermines any potential credibility IMO. ;-)

• Haha 2

I swear some of you guys have to be an incognito  Dippin' Dots guy because some of this stuff is just too good. 

I do not believe CF wants to invest anything major after the pandemic. I believe if CP had something coming, they already probably bought it. They have said countless times that Capital Spending was going to be cut, without it being bought pre covid, I don't think this is going there as of now.

There is no reason to think that this couldn't come to other parks, heck I wouldn't be shocked if it went to a smaller park that was farther north. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaggy said:

The mere fact that the name "Gerstlauer" is continually mispronounced "GerTslauer" in that video undermines any potential credibility IMO. ;-)

I mean he is of Canadian origin so maybe there's a bit of an accent there.

You'd be surprised at the number of people I hear in the states call Mack "Maaack"

19 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I mean he is of Canadian origin so maybe there's a bit of an accent there.

You'd be surprised at the number of people I hear in the states call Mack "Maaack"

Then there's Huss vs Hoooz. ;-)

I don’t really know if this Gerstlauer is truly going to go to Cedar Point. As far as I have heard, there are markers there but no land clearing whatsoever. If Cedar Point is planning on adding a new coaster for 2022, then I think we would have seen some land clearing by now.  I am not sure about Dollywood either because they already have Mystery Mine. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if the Gerstlauer was for Kings Island in the Vortex plot of land. It would really fill the sit-down inversion coaster gap at Kings Island in a modern way. The only things that wouldn’t make sense are the May opening and how soon this coaster would come after Orion.

12 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I don’t really know if this Gerstlauer is truly going to go to Cedar Point. As far as I have heard, there are markers there but no land clearing whatsoever. If Cedar Point is planning on adding a new coaster for 2022, then I think we would have seen some land clearing by now.  I am not sure about Dollywood either because they already have Mystery Mine. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if the Gerstlauer was for Kings Island in the Vortex plot of land. It would really fill the sit-down inversion coaster gap at Kings Island in a modern way. The only things that wouldn’t make sense are the May opening and how soon this coaster would come after Orion.

Land work for GateKeeper didn't start until like fall 2012 when both Disaster Transport and Space Spiral were gone.

51 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Land work for GateKeeper didn't start until like fall 2012 when both Disaster Transport and Space Spiral were gone.

Good point! I guess it may be awhile before we can say for certain which park will be getting the new Gerstlauer unless permits or something show up sometime soon for whatever park it is going to.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 1:15 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Maverick didn't break any records back in 2007 when it opened. 

I'm thinking it broke the record for steepest drop when it debuted, although I could be wrong. Plus the horseshoe roll is a one of a kind element. Not sure if you count that as a record.

My money is on Silver Dollar City, notice that FUN said they were freezing all nonessential capital expenditures, Kings Dominion has had Freefly track in their parking lot for more than a year now, then I doubt Six Flags will want to work with Gerslauer after the Texas Giant incident, as for SEAs, most of their parks already have all of their 2022 projects finalized from 2021, as they've said on conference calls that they are going to continue adding to their parks, and because of the challenging location aspect of it, I doubt this is going to Kentucky Kingdom (along with HFE stating that they are focusing more towards families), and Silver Dollar City has land actually being cleared right now, which is a good sign that it is indeed them, so my money is on Silver Dollar City.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rhyano said:

My money is on Silver Dollar City, notice that FUN said they were freezing all nonessential capital expenditures, Kings Dominion has had Freefly track in their parking lot for more than a year now, then I doubt Six Flags will want to work with Gerslauer after the Texas Giant incident, as for SEAs, most of their parks already have all of their 2022 projects finalized from 2021, as they've said on conference calls that they are going to continue adding to their parks, and because of the challenging location aspect of it, I doubt this is going to Kentucky Kingdom (along with HFE stating that they are focusing more towards families), and Silver Dollar City has land actually being cleared right now, which is a good sign that it is indeed them, so my money is on Silver Dollar City.

I could definitely see it being Silver Dollar City with their recent land clearing, but I am not sure how big the area being cleared is. I would love to see Cedar Fair add something new, but it does seem like they want to wait before investing in new attractions. Maybe they will add only smaller rides and not rollercoasters for 2022 besides Kings Dominion’s S&S 4D Free Spin.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

What if this was in the works for The Vortex spot and the Orion project was taken away from CGA to be a filler coaster for KI?

Orion is still not a filler coaster, but if this Gerstlauer was in the works before Orion was moved to Kings Island, I could see it going to Kings Island. I do think it would be a good fit at the park, but I would be surprised to see it added for Kings Island’s 50th anniversary unless its pays homage to Vortex in some way. The May opening makes me a little skeptical, though, considering Kings Island’s usual April openings. If it is meant for Kings Island, we would probably see signs in the coming months.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DiamondbackFan said:

It will be interesting to see what they announce but I doubt it will be a new coaster. Silver Dollar City has done virtually no teasing, and I would assume they wouldn’t announce a new coaster this early into the season.

9 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Here is my non educational guess on the focus the next few years.

Water park updates

Planet Snoopy refresh

Focus on family events like GC

4 to 5 years before the next coaster in Vortex's spot.

I'd like to see a general overhaul of some parts of Rivertown. Mainly, a more distinct area transition on the Planet Snoopy side, including returning the flume to Rivertown and integrating it with the "Miami River" overall theme they've been using, and bringing the theme appearance around Diamondback and over towards the walkways to Coney and IS more up to par with things they've done with Mystic, for example. They could essentially do to Rivertown with Mystic's theme quality and apply it like Orion's theme quality was used for all of Area 72.

• Like 4

S&S Screamin Swing like Skyhawk, perhaps. That would even work in Rivertown, maybe on the corner of The Vortex plot next to the pizza place, or somewhere along the pathway towards the Eiffel Tower, like the open plot behind/next to Showplace that was last used for the Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular setup.

• Like 3

My idea for the next several years from 2022-2027

2022- 50th anniversary celebration (park improvements, a big new event celebrating the anniversary, and maybe a new ride or two like a skywheel and/or retheming boo blasters back into Phantom Theater)

2023- new thrilling flat ride on part of The Vortex plot + Planet Snoopy turned into Camp Snoopy

2024- new water coaster added to Soak City

2025- new dark ride in the old Crypt building plus a refresh on the building's exterior

2026- park improvements and prep for 2027

2027- Intamin multi launch named Mustang 

24 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

Of all people IndyGuy derailed it.

Yeah, it was my fault. Not sure why I put that in this thread other than the talk about the filler coaster and my mind wondered. Sorry about that!

I will issue myself a warning. :)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Yeah, it was my fault. Not sure why I put that in this thread other than the talk about the filler coaster and my mind wondered. Sorry about that!

I will issue myself a warning. :)

There is no evidence Orion is not a filler coaster:D.  The facts are that we got ride contract that was destined for another park, the skipped letter on the track proves it and we had a beloved coaster get scrapped.  

• DiamondbackFan changed the title to Gerstlauer to build one-of-a-kind, record-breaking roller coaster at Glenwood Caverns; Opens May 2022