Ride Wait Times 2021 Season

IndyGuy4KI

16 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

I noticed this as well.  I have no problem with season Fast Lane being used today.  I was disappointed that they sold daily FL for passholder preview.  But, after 2020, can’t really blame them for making some extra cash today.

They sold out today 

• Like 1

Got to the park around 4:15. Rode MT, Diamondback, Bumper Cars, stood in line for 20 minutes for ice cream, then went to Racer, Adventure Express, then back over to Rivertown for night rides on Diamondback and MT.

So yeah, the places was very crowded for food lines being ridiculous late into the evening. But if you were flexible with what you wanted to ride there was plenty of fun to be had. The kids were bummed we had to skip FoF because of the line but all in all we had a good time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

If anyone remembers the site that publishes the wait times for many parks, that would be a great thing to post here. I bought Season Long Platinum Fast Pass through Carowinds and the girlfriend and I waited about 15 to 20 minutes on average I would say (outside of The Racer which was a walk on). Did get out of FOF's Fast Pass lane though (and did not return) as it was spilling out into the benches/ Orion Theming by the FOF exit. I'm guessing that would've been a 30+ minute wait.

My experience as a PFL+ was about the same today. My daughter was sad to miss FoF though.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, super7 said:

This passholder preview days are supposedly a “benefit” of a season pass. There is absolutely no benefit whatsoever as they feature the longest lines of the season.    

They were a much better benefit when the preview night was restricted to renewing passholders.  I believe they started opening it up to anyone who buys one, even day of, around the time MT opened.

Obviously it was very crowded Saturday, I was disappointed to see how some folks were treating the kids working at Juke Box.  They were obviously overwhelmed and most seemed to be in training.  I will say the one young lady that was attempting to get food out was taking the brunt of the abuse, and she just kept smiling, and doing her best.

Yesterday was great - walked on most, and only waited a ride cycle for the ones we did have to wait for.  After waiting 2.5 hrs for Orion Sat night, it was a strange feeling walking on the next day lol.  

• Like 3

On 5/2/2021 at 7:36 AM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Also a good rule I must add...no contacting people from the news media over things lol. I used to do that, but stopped when I was told the park hates it and especially now since I work there. 

I mean this isn't really something I think is a message boards place to enforce. We all love Kings Island, I'm no exception, but I don't understand why so many people on this board seem to think it's our responsibility to keep the media from knowing about what's going on in the park. If something happens that's a significant story, they're going to hear about it one way or another. Now the rule in the first post of the thread about avoiding posting vague things that sound like possible emergencies I get, but when something is actually going on that's sort of PR's responsibilty to handle, not a bunch of fans on a forum.

I hope I am wrong, but I think the daily attendance numbers this year will be significantly higher than what we have experienced pre-covid.

Between passes rolling over to another year, new passes sold for this year, many people staying away last year, the fiasco happening up north at Cedar Point that will drive folks to KI instead, and all covid restrictions basically removed for this season, I foresee the park being way more busier than usual, even for a typically slower weekday.

While a season attendance record may not be set due to reduced operating days, I do think that the per day average will set a record...

• Like 1

Just now, disco2000 said:

I hope I am wrong, but I think the daily attendance numbers this year will be significantly higher than what we have experienced pre-covid.

Between passes rolling over to another year, new passes sold for this year, many people staying away last year, the fiasco happening up north at Cedar Point that will drive folks to KI instead, and all covid restrictions basically removed for this season, I foresee the park being way more busier than usual, even for a typically slower weekday.

While a season attendance record may not be set due to reduced operating days, I do think that the per day average will set a record...

Just wait for a day where it rains in the morning and / or afternoon and enjoy a day of no crowds.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snowball said:

Just wait for a day where it rains in the morning and / or afternoon and enjoy a day of no crowds.

Until they close early like recent precedence has set the last few years...and even more so this year trying to save a nickel...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Another over crowded day at the park today. Was unable to use food pass again due to the long lines at the park. 

Dining Pass Fast Lane+? Any takers?  LOL. I wasn't at the park today, but our family had the dining plan 2-3 years, possibly 4, and finally gave up. For us, it just takes too long and things wouldn't be open when we needed them to be. Now we'll just pack a cooler and chow down on the drive home. It's not what we REALLY want, but decisions had to be made.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bjcolglazier said:

Dining Pass Fast Lane+? Any takers?  LOL. I wasn't at the park today, but our family had the dining plan 2-3 years, possibly 4, and finally gave up. For us, it just takes too long and things wouldn't be open when we needed them to be. Now we'll just pack a cooler and chow down on the drive home. It's not what we REALLY want, but decisions had to be made.

My daughter and I share an annual meal plan. I agree, it is difficult to utilize because of the queues. Season Dining Fast Lane Plus would be $375? Crazy money for fast food.

3 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Another over crowded day at the park today. Was unable to use food pass again due to the long lines at the park. 

3 hours ago, bjcolglazier said:

I may not renew my meal/drink plan for next year. It used to be so much faster to just eat in the park rather than eat in the car or leave and come back. With these lines and poor quality/portion sizes I'm reconsidering. My first meal at Chicken Shack was very good. My spicy chicken sandwich wasn't spicy at all. No spicy and no kick to it but was very tasty. Sorta wonder if they handed me the wrong sandwich even though the receipt said spicy and so did the lady handing it to me. Portion size for the sandwich and the fries seemed small. Fries was almost value size fries at Wendy's small. Second meal was at Brewhouse. Brewhouse seemed to have a shorter line than most around 4:30pm. Waited at least 30 minutes in line then almost another 30 at the table for food. The table wait was unacceptable. I got a fish sandwich tots and a beer. My beer was handed to me warm and I saw them pour it. The meat on my fish was really tasty but the breading tasted very burnt which made it terrible. Tots were good. I told the bartender about the burnt sandwich and the warm beer but they would not do anything about either. So that may be my last Brewhouse visit for a while.

Anybody know why Racer was only running Red side today or why Flight of Fear had all the lights on?

Overall I still had a good day at King's Island.

9 hours ago, disco2000 said:

That’s my prediction, as well. I think state park crowds last year are indicative of what KI will be like this year. Folks are ready to get out, and KI being a mostly outdoor venue will attract folks looking to go back to public spaces but aren’t quite ready for indoor entertainment (movies, etc.) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

Anybody know why Racer was only running Red side today or why Flight of Fear had all the lights on?

Yeah, I was wondering that too.; that explains why the line was so long! Though I ended up getting out of line, I did see the new front car logo and it looked pretty cool.

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic