Ride Wait Times 2021 Season

IndyGuy4KI

1 minute ago, Rallyomalley said:

Crowded.  Full Banshee queue.  Slightly overcast, sun peeking through in spots.  Warm.  Windy.  Doesn't look like rain.

Diamondback has one switchback full on the webcam around a 30 to 40 min wait. That's the only queue really visible from the cams though. Strange that Banshee would be so crowded but not Diamondback. Hoping next Sunday isn't too bad since I can't make today.

I’m used to at least visiting KI a couple of days out of the year where (a lot) of schools are still in session.. but they opened later again this year. So as for wait times, it’s hard for me to guess what Friday, May 28th might look like?

I have to get back to Louisville by 6pm sharp.. so would need to leave around 3pm..Normally, a 11am-3pm KI trip is doable for us especially with a Fast Pass.. but I’m wondering if it’s even worth it? 
It’s always hard to guess the crowds when coming from Louisville. 

1 hour ago, MeganNicole said:

I’m used to at least visiting KI a couple of days out of the year where (a lot) of schools are still in session.. but they opened later again this year. So as for wait times, it’s hard for me to guess what Friday, May 28th might look like?

I have to get back to Louisville by 6pm sharp.. so would need to leave around 3pm..Normally, a 11am-3pm KI trip is doable for us especially with a Fast Pass.. but I’m wondering if it’s even worth it? 

Last Sat the longest FLP wait I had on anything was bottom of stairs and a few were walk on. I was there 11-6pm so you should be okay on your visit too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MeganNicole said:

I would guess it will be busy - in addition to the pent up demand, a lot of schools will be out by then.  

Pent up demand will also make typically bad rush hour traffic even worse for people leaving the Cincinnati area.  Plus the I71/I75 bridge is being repainted and will be down to a lane or two, so you would have to take the long way around through Indiana, but there is construction there too.  Actually where isn't there construction.

With FL you should be ok though, but watch the traffic backups and decide if you need to leave earlier.

• Thanks 1

The early line closings is quite baffling. They are already opening an hour later. I can "sort of" forgive that, but to not let you get in line until park close is upsetting to guests who are there spending their money.

I understand we are coming off a pandemic, but it is obvious in 3 weekends if they are open they will come. I have been all 3 Saturdays so far and people are spending money in the park. I  am hoping they are looking at extending hours once they can get a workforce.

• Like 3

I don't know if this will be an every night sort of a thing. It could also just be due to the already insane crowds, as even if they shut the lines at 9:20, they'll still be operating well past 10. If the park hit capacity, I'm sure the staff is already exhausted as well. I will say, great job to the ride ops. Almost every ride was running about as smooth as one can this early in the season on this hectic of a day.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

The early line closings is quite baffling. They are already opening an hour later. I can "sort of" forgive that, but to not let you get in line until park close is upsetting to guests who are there spending their money.

I generally agree... I think tonight they had more guests in the park than they could handle with their level of staffing. Which is an issue in itself. I don’t know what they do about that in the short term, besides keep raising the amount that they are willing to pay workers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I understand we are coming off a pandemic, but it is obvious in 3 weekends if they are open they will come. I have been all 3 Saturdays so far and people are spending money in the park. I  am hoping they are looking at extending hours once they can get a workforce.

I'm gonna tack onto what Brad is saying because I'm pretty hot to trot about the way tonight was handled.

They also forbid re-entry.  I typically run out to the car before LROTN to take my evening medication.  Tonight I was told I could go 

a) go take my medication  and not re-enter

Or

b) stay in the park and forego my medication 

That's just unacceptable.  I, for one will be calling on Monday and raising he** about it.  A guest should not have to forego medication because KI changed the rules unannounced and decided to forbid re-entry.

I can't delay taking my medication so I had to leave the park, not get my LROTN...because...you know...I take medication.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rallyomalley said:

I'm gonna tack onto what Brad is saying because I'm pretty hot to trot about the way tonight was handled.

They also forbid re-entry.  I typically run out to the car before LROTN to take my evening medication.  Tonight I was told I could go 

a) go take my medication  and not re-enter

Or

b) stay in the park and forego my medication 

That's just unacceptable.  I, for one will be calling on Monday and raising he** about it.  A guest should not have to forego medication because KI changed the rules unannounced and decided to forbid re-entry.

Tonight might have been an exception for the reentry due to the security issues the park was dealing with.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Tonight might have been an exception for the reentry due to the security issues the park was dealing with.  

Not an excuse and still unacceptable to force a guest to leave to go take medication.

Edit:  I'm normally willing to give the park some slack.  But not anymore.  I'm flat out disgusted right now.

• Like 2

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic