Ride Wait Times 2021 Season

IndyGuy4KI

11 hours ago, Rallyomalley said:

I'm gonna tack onto what Brad is saying because I'm pretty hot to trot about the way tonight was handled.

They also forbid re-entry.  I typically run out to the car before LROTN to take my evening medication.  Tonight I was told I could go 

a) go take my medication  and not re-enter

Or

b) stay in the park and forego my medication 

That's just unacceptable.  I, for one will be calling on Monday and raising he** about it.  A guest should not have to forego medication because KI changed the rules unannounced and decided to forbid re-entry.

I can't delay taking my medication so I had to leave the park, not get my LROTN...because...you know...I take medication.

Yes, raise he**. That is completely 100% unacceptable. Were they really thinking you were going to quickly go and get some alcohol in your system perhaps?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, robt said:

Yes, raise he**. That is completely 100% unacceptable. Were they really thinking you were going to quickly go and get some alcohol in your system perhaps?

I'm nearly 42.  My days of consuming copious amounts of alcohol  in short periods of time are 20 years in the rearview.

• Haha 1

@Rallyomalley I completely agree that the no-warning reentry ban was not handled well. Be aware that First Aid will hold any medications for you and refrigerate them if needed, free. Just stop by and take what you need anytime. I highly recommend this as many meds are not recommended to be stored over 120F and in the sun even cars with cracked windows will get well over that. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

@Rallyomalley I completely agree that the no-warning reentry ban was not handled well. Be aware that First Aid will hold any medications for you and refrigerate them if needed, free. Just stop by and take what you need anytime. I highly recommend this as many meds are not recommended to be stored over 120F and in the sun even cars with cracked windows will get well over that. 

Thanks!  That's really good to know.   I keep them in a cooler bag that my wife got just for that purpose.  Stays cold for about 12 hours.

I agree with silver2005's assessment from yesterday.  We were in Planet Snoopy quite a bit, and it was not as crowded there as in other parts of the park.  Boo Blasters was about a 30 minute wait mid-afternoon. 

We rode Mystic Timbers, Adventure Express, and Racer.  In all 3 cases, operations seemed slower than normal, mostly because it seemed like more workers are needed on the platforms.  All 3 were stacking routinely. 

^I saw a lot of training on the spot on about every ride, too.  I think it's more new employees getting used to the job.  

I also don't get why some rides have you check your own restraints while others have the ops do it, also a factor in stackings (mostly on Bat, Racer and AE from what I saw).  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

I agree with silver2005's assessment from yesterday.  We were in Planet Snoopy quite a bit, and it was not as crowded there as in other parts of the park.  Boo Blasters was about a 30 minute wait mid-afternoon. 

We rode Mystic Timbers, Adventure Express, and Racer.  In all 3 cases, operations seemed slower than normal, mostly because it seemed like more workers are needed on the platforms.  All 3 were stacking routinely. 

MT is designed to stack.

Park opens today at 11am and I've been informed that not all rides open at 11. Anyone know why they open at 11 then? The kiddy land swings aren't exactly an extensive checklist.

Although I did actually say "Hi" to Chef Major

Usually, in this part of the season it is because a lot of their staff are still in school LOL. In Planet Snoopy they rotate around the closed ride until staff arrives, um I mean get out of school LOL.

Historically it has been this way and some years are better than others in when the rides open.

Or maybe they are still hung over from the associate event last night :P

7 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

ERT was a bit different this year.  Ticket gates opened at 1030.  Everyone could enter the park.  No checking passes for Orion.  They were checking for MT.

I actually don’t mind this system. For regular guests, this allows them to still enter Kings Island before 11:00 AM, but they still don’t have the season pass holder benefit of Early Ride Time. However, the greeters need to be checking the season passes in order for it to work.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I actually don’t mind this system. For regular guests, this allows them to still enter Kings Island before 11:00 AM, but they still don’t have the season pass holder benefit of Early Ride Time. However, the greeters need to be checking the season passes in order for it to work.

Totally agree.

by the way lights are on on FOF!!

• Like 2

If it's looking noticeably understaffed, it makes wonder how much staff they lost after last weekend. Have to think some walked away after personal experience, word of mouth from other employees or following the significant news coverage.

Or it’s a Friday, so the people who have worked previous weekends may not have been available to work a weekday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

Eh, looks like rain moving back in. Maybe try later this week. Sounds like a less that great time right now. 

We are having a blast today.  Rain looks to start in a few and only last for a bit.

• Like 4

I'm on vacation in Kentucky for my very first time until Monday. I mainly came here to visit the ark encounter and the Creation museum. However I'm a huge roller coaster and theme park fan. I hear The Beast is the longest wooden roller coaster in the world and would love to ride it. Do you think I should go there on sunday? Or should I just pass as they will probably be long lines?

33 minutes ago, kyle2227 said:

I'm on vacation in Kentucky for my very first time until Monday. I mainly came here to visit the ark encounter and the Creation museum. However I'm a huge roller coaster and theme park fan. I hear The Beast is the longest wooden roller coaster in the world and would love to ride it. Do you think I should go there on sunday? Or should I just pass as they will probably be long lines?

I say go. Show up right at open and you should be able to get a few rides in on The Beast before it gets real busy.

• Like 1

Had an amazing time today. Food wait times were fast, staff was really efficient. All the wait times were under 10 minutes, even Orion, except for Flight of Fear, which was about an 80 minute wait. Lights were on earlier in the day, but shut off. They left the extra emergency lights on in the queue area though because there was a decent leak in the ceiling from the rain. Makes me wonder if the lights were on in the main ride portion to check for leaks there as well. The water was coming in at a decent point to where they had someone positioned to just keep cleaning up the water. Did anyone else experience this?

13 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I say go. Show up right at open and you should be able to get a few rides in on The Beast before it gets real busy.

I ended up just taking a chance and going today with the cold weather that slightly less people would show than a normal Saturday. I am in line now to park my car I will let you know how it is.

Edited by kyle2227
Decided to go today
  • Like 3

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic