Ride Wait Times 2021 Season

IndyGuy4KI

39 minutes ago, JimParker85 said:

The demand is so high, I really think it could look like this through the end of daily operations. KI being the only major CF park not capping dry park attendance could make the park the busiest in the chain this year. 

Definitely. Carowinds capped attendance was definitely lower than KI when I went on a Saturday. Hell, they were still selling Fast Lane halfway through the day on the weekend when KI sells out seemingly instantly. That says a lot

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JimParker85 said:

The demand is so high, I really think it could look like this through the end of daily operations. KI being the only major CF park not capping dry park attendance could make the park the busiest in the chain this year. 

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing imo. If this keeps up, I think this could really help the park recover from Covid and help get the return on investment from Orion especially if a lot of these people renew or purchase a new season pass for 2022 in August when that time comes around. 

2 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

Definitely. Carowinds capped attendance was definitely lower than KI when I went on a Saturday. Hell, they were still selling Fast Lane halfway through the day on the weekend when KI sells out seemingly instantly. That says a lot

I was at Kings Dominion on May 23. I had to reserve the date to enter the park. The park was pleasantly full and enjoyable. FL was on sale, but not many people seamed to purchase. Perhaps because the park was not over crowded. I am going to CP this coming Sunday and I am anticipating a crowded park with very long queues.

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing imo. If this keeps up, I think this could really help the park recover from Covid and help get the return on investment from Orion especially if a lot of these people renew or purchase a new season pass for 2022 in August when that time comes around. 

But what if it is mostly passholders and season pass add-ons?

And if the crowds continue where a normal light Tuesday is like a Saturday crowd, many will not be renewing....many have stated that already given everything going on with CF....now if people hold true to that LOL and not renew is another story.  Easy to speak on emotion and the crowds at this point...

But I think many will wait and renew next year, if at all, after seeing what product CF is putting out (like operating days, hours, etc.)...

I think there will be some passholders who don't renew due to the reduced calendar (and in park experience, in some cases) combined with the very large crowds they experience this year. Also, if the cost goes up (and it should, in my opinion) that could also be a factor. 

I think if passholders renew will also depend on what Kings Island adds for 2022. An anniversary celebration would be nice, but there has to be something to it like a new ride or experience. Kings Island can’t just ride on Orion for three seasons. They need to keep the park fresh with new rides and other attractions.

9 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Anyone thinking Tuesdays are light will find that not the case today..

As of this post, Skyline is out past Starbucks and chicken shack halfway to Drop Tower.  Rides all healthy queues as well.

And this is an 8pm close...

That's why we, as seasoned KI fans, should temper our expectations.  

I was dismayled in the parking lot.  I was dismayed when I walked in and saw the food lines.  

But then I remembered that I am in a place that has been a part of my life for most of my entire life.  I knew going up today it would be a gamble with the crowds and the crowds won.  But, I was able to get Blue Ice Cream and a drink at Paradise Island in less than 10 minutes.  Later, a meal and a Blue Ice Cream Beer at the bar in the Brewhouse with no wait.  A no wait meal at Coney BBQ late in the day.  Rode all the coasters I wanted to, and did a little shopping (posters).  Hung out with a friend.

And did all of that in about 7 hours.  In an atmosphere that was near "normal."

Remember, this tme last year, the park was CLOSED.  The thing we collectively enjoy was off limits.  How many times did I say: "I don't care if I ride anything, I just want to be in the park!"?  

My point being, if you don't like increased crowds...don't go or find a way to accept the increased crowds.  Enjoy what you have right now because circumstances can remove you from it.  COVID should teach us that.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I think if passholders renew will also depend on what Kings Island adds for 2022. An anniversary celebration would be nice, but there has to be something to it like a new ride or experience. Kings Island can’t just ride on Orion for three seasons. They need to keep the park fresh with new rides and other attractions.

Like the Gerstlauer?

11 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Like the Gerstlauer?

1 hour ago, coaster sally said:

Like the Gerstlauer?

I wouldn’t mind it! LOL! At this point, I don’t think it is going to Kings Island, but I really have no clue as to where it’s going. I am not really sure it will be going to Cedar Point. The chance it’s going to Kings Island is low, but I don’t really know any other park that has a higher chance of getting it at this point. Time will tell.

58 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I wouldn't be shocked if a new ride is involved. But I expect it to be more like what they did in 2019 when they brought back the antique cars than adding a brand new ride. I think it'll be more of a throwback year than about the future. 

I agree with this. I feel like Kings Island could bring back something like Phantom Theater or Der Spinning Keggars. Both Cedar Point and Knott’s Berry Farm returned new versions of old rides for their most recent anniversaries.

• Like 1

Would Wicked Twister from the sister park count ;)  

Checks off an Intamin coaster in the park LOL.  Intamin fanboys would still complain though.

Might as well put it where Timberwolf is since the Twister sister rose from the site of a former stadium:P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

Almost everything today was walk on. Even Orion was only at bottom of the stairs. I got 14 rides between 2-6pm. I was next in line for The Beast when lightning shut it down again. Radar looks nasty for the next 2 hours so I am calling it a day.

I got four rides in between 5 and 6 PM. Then I called it a day at 6 PM, when the clouds descended.  Seems ride wait times can be okay during the weekdays. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NegativeGs said:

I got four rides in between 5 and 6 PM. Then I called it a day at 6 PM, when the clouds descended.  Seems ride wait times can be okay during the weekdays. 

It was also a rainy forecast!

Ask anyone that was at the park on Tuesday how the wait times were for food or rides...

• Like 1

I was off today so I visited the park as a guest. I was there from like noon until like 7. I never waited longer than a small line after the stairs. The only exceptions were for Orion, I had it go down on me a couple times. Twice was for minor technical reasons and the other was weather. In fact, interestingly enough, one of the times, it was already down for technical and then while it was down for that, they had to go down for weather. However, that didn't last too long as it started running again very shortly after so I was able to get my 97th ride on it. Then I went and ate dinner. For lunch, I had the smoked wings in the Brewhouse that were really good. For dinner, I had pulled pork from Coney BBQ. 

Ride count for today:

Orion 4x

Diamondback 2x

Mystic 2x

Beast 1x

Racer 1x

Banshee 1x

Overall, very good day at the park. Had to cut it short due to storms that started to roll in around like 6 or so. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

It was also a rainy forecast!

Ask anyone that was at the park on Tuesday how the wait times were for food or rides...

Tuesday was as busy as a Saturday. Ride operations seemed to be great, but food and beverage appeared slightly understaffed. However, with the crowds, everything had a fairly long line even with good operations. It could have been busier, though, because the forecast for the next couple of days was not too great.

• Like 1

From the Dback park cam, it looks like the line is only at the bottom of the stairs, so only looks to be about a 10 min wait for it.  I've checked the 3rd party sites for wait times and, aside from Tues, they don't seem to be in sync with what I'veb een seeing.

Made it out to the park today! Lineup at the parking lot gate has already started as of 8:40am. Looking to be a great day for rides! 

If anyone happens to sees me in the park today feel free to come say hi!

23 hours ago, AnyPancakes said:

What’s the crowd looking like so far?  I’m off work in 15 minutes. Thinking of heading over for lunch and a few coasters while the kids are still at school. 

If anyone was curious about yesterday. I waited 5 minutes for Coney BBQ. 

app said 30 minutes for The Beast. I was on on 27. 

app said 30 minutes for Mystic Timbers. It was closer to 40. 

I got lunch road the two coasters and walked around some. Was in and out in two hours. 

As of 10:50 guests are being held out of area 72 by park employees as Orion is currently down and there is no estimated time to being up again, FOF is expected to open as soon as it's tests are complete.

12:06: Orion is still down and may be for the remainder of the day or longer according to employees standing outside, no trains have been seen running to test today.

1 minute ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Is White Water Canyon open today?

So far it has not been open despite the heat being what it is, i would love to see it open though, especially since Orion is down.

I also just got off The Beast and man it is hauling major @ss today, we cleared the hump before the second lift completely and caught the second lifts chain with some decent speed, tons of jackhammering today as well all around the course, definitely beat me up pretty well

38 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

There is a lot of lumber pieces piled up and some missing pieces that can be seen from the train if you know where to look, so it may be down for a little longer! 

Just got off the train and i spotted two members of park maintanence pressure washing the turntable of WWC 

Also the only lumber i spotted seemed to be piled up next to the train shed and looked like replaced Railroad track ties lol

Orion appears to have started testing as well!

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic