Ride Wait Times 2021 Season

IndyGuy4KI

29 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

The aged wood pile I saw yesterday morning on WWC turntable clearly wasn't railroad ties lol..maybe they made some progress yesterday to be power washing today 

Ah I see! I was definitely looking at a different Pile of used railroad ties near the trai storage! 

Seems they did make progress to power washing!

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

Crews getting into their grooves.  

I think operations have been much more efficient, but a lot of food locations were still closed. From what I saw, The French Corner, Cinnabon, Graeter’s, Subway, Auntie Anne’s in Rivertown, and Rivertown Funnel Cakes were all closed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I guess, but a lot of food locations were still closed. From what I saw, The French Corner, Cinnabon, Graeter’s, Subway, Auntie Anne’s in Rivertown, and Rivertown Funnel Cakes were all closed.

So King Ding Dongs Rivertown FS drinks was open?

• Haha 3

Honestly I think KI should bring this food truck event back or just bring in a bunch of food trucks and set them around the Eiffel Tower like they do here: 

Also, I did see the park did bring a food truck in today. It was right across from International Showplace. However, imo what I think they should do for at least the first few weeks of the season in the future is bring in multiple food trucks to help with food lines. 

• Like 2

Speaking of food trucks, 1776 Grille is amazing! Also, I know the guy in charge of Empenadas Aqui (in the thumbnail). He is name is Brett and I was in youth group with him at my old church; his older brother Chris was in the worship band. Great guys! :D

On 6/6/2021 at 12:18 AM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Honestly I think KI should bring this food truck event back or just bring in a bunch of food trucks and set them around the Eiffel Tower like they do here: 

Also, I did see the park did bring a food truck in today. It was right across from International Showplace. However, imo what I think they should do for at least the first few weeks of the season in the future is bring in multiple food trucks to help with food lines. 

I love that food truck! Is it there everyday now?

24 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

I love that food truck! Is it there everyday now?

No. There was a food truck there this past weekend over by International Showplace on that midway going down into PS. It was 1776 Grill. However, I do hope either they bring back the whole food truck festival thing in the future or bring in a bunch of food trucks for the first few weekends of the season and memorial day weekend and set them around the base of the Eiffel Tower to help with food lines. 

On 6/7/2021 at 11:42 AM, chad_1138 said:

So far a really excellent day!  Low crowds as of now.

Lines were low all day.  longest wait was for MT and BBOBH which were each about 30 mins by mid afternoon.  DB was only running 2 trains all day.  There were a couple of pop up showers about 130 and 3 that each lasted 10-15 mins.  the first one shut the outdoor rides down while the second only caused about half the ones I walked by to close.

• Like 2

Walk ons every thing I’ve seen today. A few “not running” rides. I know weather factors in, but days like today I almost think they could’ve closed Tuesday and Wednesday, then kept the longer Friday and Saturdays and been better operationally. Tough call to know for sure. 

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

Crowds are on the thin side for a Saturday, probably heat and inability to just jump over to Soak City to cool off is a deterrent to many.

They knew @King Ding Dong wasn't there today, so they opened that Freestyle:P

In a normal year the dry park is pretty dead on a hot day like this. Everybody goes to the waterpark. Even summer 2019 I got a walk on on Beast at like 2pm  on July 4th. It did not get busy until about 8pm when the waterpark closed. Holiday World does not do waterpark reservations and this very same thing happened on June 4th this year. I got 5 rides on Voyage before the water park closed.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

In a normal year the dry park is pretty dead on a hot day like this. Everybody goes to the waterpark. Even summer 2019 I got a walk on on Beast at like 2pm  on July 4th. It did not get busy until about 8pm when the waterpark closed. Holiday World does not do waterpark reservations and this very same thing happened on June 4th this year. I got 5 rides on Voyage before the water park closed.

I know water park staffing is likely the main reason Kings Island is requiring reservations, but I could see them being dropped soon if staffing improves because I know Soak City goers probably cannot stand the reservations. This is forcing the crowds in the dry park to be higher than they usually would on such a hot summer day, and it is also forcing the park to make baffling staffing decisions like opening the Rivertown Freestyle location. LOL!

In all seriousness, I am surprised Cedar Fair has invested so little into Soak City when it gets very crowded on most summer days. You would think they would rebrand and expand it to attract new guests and hold a higher capacity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic