Ride Wait Times 2021 Season

IndyGuy4KI

Definitely Monday the 5th, not Sunday…

44 minutes ago, robt said:

Monday July 5 is when most US employees have the holiday off. The park will be jam packed. FL+ might be the only way to enjoy the day 

I think I’m leaning more towards getting one because of that reason-as I am one of those employees-lol :) 

On 6/24/2021 at 11:14 AM, mcarter said:

Definitely Monday the 5th, not Sunday…

I think I’m leaning more towards getting one because of that reason-as I am one of those employees-lol :) 

In my experience, on a busy day FL+ at KI is worth the extra cost. KI seems to sell less FL+ compared to CP. Both KI and CP do about a 50/50 FL+/regular queue split. Compared to KI, CP sells too many FL+ and CP queues are crazy long. 

• Like 1

Yesterday, got to the park at 1030 for ERT and was able to ride Orion and Banshee in that 30 min window. Moved to Racer which is an incredible ride w the new tracking.  Hit DB, MT and Beast to finish. 1.5 hours, 6 rides!

Does anyone know if KI plans Racer tracking of second half plus paint job leading into the 50th anniversary next year?

On 6/25/2021 at 7:52 PM, NegativeGs said:

In my experience, on a busy day FL+ at KI is worth the extra cost. KI seems to sell less FL+ compared to CP. Both KI and CP do about a 50/50 FL+/regular queue split. Compared to KI, CP sells too many FL+ and CP queues are crazy long. 

Yes my friend they sure are at CP! I went ahead and got FL+ so there is no more debate-lol! I am excited-haven't visited since 2013, many things to look forward to :) 

I was at the park from noon to 1:30.
Diamondback and Orion were both walk on.
We did a few laps of each, ate lunch, then went home.

I assume it will get busier as more come for the evening/fireworks… but I couldn’t believe it was this dead for a holiday weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/3/2021 at 1:02 PM, chuck norris said:

I was at the park from noon to 1:30.
Diamondback and Orion were both walk on.
We did a few laps of each, ate lunch, then went home.

I assume it will get busier as more come for the evening/fireworks… but I couldn’t believe it was this dead for a holiday weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m seeing similar reports from Cedar and Kings Dominion. What is going on here-lol? 

Park started slow again today on the 4th. We took a few hours off mid-day and came back at 615, it was busier by then but not insane. It took them nearly an hour to get Beast/Orion back open after the fireworks (20 minute show tonight) but we managed to finish with 2 Orion and then Beast at midnight. Great 3 day trip has come to a close. 

I will say that working at the Eiffel Tower base from 9-10 tonight was a hassle lol. The line was literally out of the queue and down the midway a bit. Using both vators/platforms helped a ton though, but it was still a hassle when I would be loading one elevator and then immediately would load the next one lol. It was still a lot of fun though. 

54 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

What appears to have happened at Kings Island today is what I thought would happen at Kentucky Kingdom today, but no mas. B)  

What happened at Kings Island today is what I thought would happen at Kings Island this past Saturday and on the Fourth of July.

On 7/5/2021 at 8:13 PM, robt said:

@mcarter how was it today? Did you use FP?

Sorry for the delay, yes-FP+ was definitely needed on Monday! I was thoroughly full filled all day, except Beast was down all day, so the night ride slipped through my fingers, and Orion was having issues all day it seemed, so no ride on that either in the dark. I did grab a couple rides on Orion during the day however, in front, and it was a great coaster! Many other great surprises and I can’t wait to come back! :) still smiling 

• Like 3

With blue powerade and now a nice vitamin water flavour on most of the standard refill stations, we only bothered to wait for freestyle stations twice during our trip last weekend. Loved seeing those options, and my wife goes for the tea which they also had. The express refill stations in Fest and Coney were awesome. 

Here is a line update:

Delirium is 2 switchbacks short of having a full queue open.

Bat line was to the top of the stairs (the set of downward stairs closest to the exit)

Earlier today, Orion’s line had no switchbacks open, but some were open during my second ride.

Adventure Express was only a station wait, but only because I did it first thing (I was one of three people on the train lol) :D

Drop Zone is closed.

Xtreme Skyflyer was at $10 earlier.

• Like 2

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic