Ride Wait Times 2021 Season

IndyGuy4KI

5 hours ago, kikid74 said:

What have the Tuesday and/or Wednesday lines been like this month on a good weather day? Does Orion pretty much fill up early and stay long all day? 

The lines really aren’t too bad on the average Tuesday or Wednesday. Orion’s line also doesn’t get too long on most weekdays. That really goes for all rides. You can expect the lines to be 30 minutes or less on average. The rides that will have the longest waits are Flight of Fear and possibly Invertigo due to their low capacity. If the weather is really nice like in the 70, though, it may be pretty busy. The cooler it is, the busier it will be.

• Thanks 1

Park is quite crowded today. Racer wasn't bad with a 20 minute wait due to only the red side running. Blue side was up around 12:15.

The wait times in the app are so far off It's ridiculous. Invertigo was posting a 15 minute wait, yet it had a full queue. The Bat posting 10 minutes, but the line was backed up past the concrete tunnel. Banshee at 25 minutes... the queue was completely full and spilling out a little. No idea if that wait time is accurate as I've never seen it that full.

On the plus side, bumper cars, scrambler, and Congo Falls were a walk on, and Orion was up and running at 11:05 and we were near the front of long line of people waiting for it to open. My 8-year old daughter finally worked up the courage to hop on and absolutely loved it.

Really we just planned on staying for a couple hours and heading home knowing it would get crazy and got 5 rides in, left around 12:45

• Like 4

On 8/1/2021 at 8:24 PM, KIBearcat said:

Lines seemed decent today (Sunday 8/1) The Bat was only 15 minutes at 1:30, Banshee did not seem long. Weather was kind of humid and sticky, probably kept crowds down.

Also helps that we're at that time of the season where the crowds thin out. I was there yesterday, Thursday 8/5, and got a lot done. The Bat and AE were hop-on and Banshee was a hop-on or 5 minute wait most of the day. My waits for Orion were 15 and 20 minutes. The Beast, 5 minutes (before dark). Mystic was 20 minutes earlier in the day and hop-on before close.

24 minutes ago, malem said:

If you are considering Fast Lane Plus on a Saturday, be aware that it's been selling out in advance (and thus not available to purchase at the park) on some busy days.

Wow good to know thank you, I would have waited to feel it out before purchasing. I doubt the shorter hours have helped crowds/lines at all. 

• 1 month later...

Hearing its the slowest Saturday of the year today. darn. I am a Bills season ticket holder. If our opener was on the road or monday night, i would have driven down today. With it being not Haunt yet and a weekend where they are normally closed for a private event, I figured it would be dead. Nice weather and 2 full hours of night rides.

23 minutes ago, JimParker85 said:

Hearing its the slowest Saturday of the year today. darn. I am a Bills season ticket holder. If our opener was on the road or monday night, i would have driven down today. With it being not Haunt yet and a weekend where they are normally closed for a private event, I figured it would be dead. Nice weather and 2 full hours of night rides.

I drove by Kings Island today. The park looked about as crowded as it does on a rainy weekday in the summer. This is with Soak City closed too. I am kind of shocked. Kings Island should not be this dead on a beautiful Saturday. I assume a lot of people didn’t know it was open today.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been sitting on KI drive for the last 35 minutes- crawling along. The park is about as slammed as it gets. They are parking cars in the grass next to the road. 

Diamondback: 150 min

Orion: 180 min

Banshee: 90 min

Mystic: 90 min

Beast: 150 min

Flight of Fear: 150 min

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

I have been sitting on KI drive for the last 35 minutes- crawling along. The park is about as slammed as it gets. They are parking cars in the grass next to the road. 

Diamondback: 150 min

Orion: 180 min

Banshee: 90 min

Mystic: 90 min

Beast: 150 min

Flight of Fear: 150 min

I would love too see some pictures of the crowds. 

• Like 2

Just now, JubJester said:

I'm assuming it's still fairly busy? Was thinking about going up late.

I just left the park because it was so busy at haunt. I end up driving through the parking lot to the soak City exit light and they were parking cars all the way in front of tropical Plunge. People were lined up still at the toll plaza just to get in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I just left the park because it was so busy at haunt. I end up driving through the parking lot to the Soak City exit light and they were parking cars all the way in front of tropical Plunge. People were lined up still at the toll plaza just to get in. 

Thanks for the info. I saw Cedar Point was at capacity so figured Kings Island would be doing well, too.

• Like 1

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic