2021 Regular Season Entertainment

BoddaH1994

I love the idea of more outdoor entertainment scattered throughout the park. I always like the idea of seeing a show at KI, but logistically it never works out. We have to plan time to be at a specific venue, watch the show and eat up about an hour of time we could be doing other things. The idea of stumbling upon music while walking to another attraction, taking five minutes to stand and watch, and then moving on sounds nice, and I think it will contribute to the atmosphere. I do think it's going to make lines for a nighttime ride on Orion a real pain, though. 

Unrelated, but a tangent: Does anyone remember when CP used to have live DJs in some of their queues? This was probably 15-20 years ago. I remember Millennium Force had one, Magnum had one, and Raptor always tended to have the best. My guess is paying for the staff for it became too cost-prohibitive, but I always thought that would be fun to have at more parks (and bring back to CP). 

On 5/5/2021 at 12:55 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

Seems like a lot of pivots due to capacity restrictions, but it sure seems like what they are doing is innovative. 

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/entertainment

The most interesting thing seems like it is based off of the Storm Area 51 craze, which essentially turned into a party. I’m particularly looking forward to this. 
ki-area72party-banner.jpg

What is with the 8 foot tall Bea Arthur?

6 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

I LOVED the parade and the food, but I hated the tacky decorations barfed all over the new International Street with a burning passion. I hope that this year they at least stay away from replacing the international flags on the buildings with generic Carnivale flags.

How about the country flags on the buildings and the Carnivale flags on the light poles around the fountain?  

I did like the big CARNIVALE sign on the Tower.

Why can't we have  international flags on the building over the turnstyles like in the days of yorn?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Something I never even noticed looking at this pic is that there seems to be a tall scientist walking around (right behind the family of 4 in the middle of the picture)

@Aaron88stang called them a tall Bea Arthor. I think it is one of the roaming acrobats on stilts. 

51 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Something I never even noticed looking at this pic is that there seems to be a tall scientist walking around (right behind the family of 4 in the middle of the picture)

There are also people on the roof of Flight of Fear. LOL!

I like the Bea Arthur analogy!  I would be the guy towards the right scratching his head wondering why they built this obtrusive lighting truss and video screen that will be used an hour a day.  ;)

****Note:  I reserve the right to like this live entertainment later if it is better than the concept art.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Unless its a comedy

Trey-Parker-%26-Matt-Stone-in-BASeketball-Premium-Photograph-and-Poster-1017415__36172.1432435827.1280.1280.jpg

Oh wow I had completely forgotten about this somehow lol!

I definitely do see how some of this is a bit of a bummer, but like I said above, I really do think this is likely just for this season. It does seem to me that they could have kept this a bit shorter though, not sure what the point is of running it every night the entire season. It's kind of hard to get upset right now though because last season was really more or less a bust and I just really can't wait for saturday lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

For those interested about Busker Jam, Carowinds did it the year they opened Copperhead Strike. Looks really cool:

Now that you mention it I was at Carowinds that summer and I did see Busker Jam. It fits in with the theming there better than it ever can in Rivertown.

3 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Exactly what I am thinking, unless they just threw these funny characters in just to be silly.

They do stilt walkers as a default. Betcha a king’s ransom that they’ll have aliens on stilts… which would be awesome. :D

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Have they started setting up for the DJ party in Area 72 yet? With what I saw in the rendering, they are going to have a bunch of stuff to set up and wire up to make it work. 

Not yet, but I imagine that’ll happen over the course of this week!

• Like 2

I'm at an associate preview event and we are getting a sneak preview of the new Area 72 launch party and let me say, it is excellent and doesn't really ruin the area too much and I think it'll be a hit with the public! I won't go into too many specifics bc I don't want to risk getting into trouble. I will say there is no one dancing on FOF though, but instead there are performers dancing on platforms and on the dance floor! 

EDIT: Here is a little sneak peak. This is a pic of me and the cast!

IMG_20210527_220659_237.jpg

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm at an associate preview event and we are getting a sneak preview of the new Area 72 launch party and let me say, it is excellent and doesn't really ruin the area too much and I think it'll be a hit with the public! I won't go into too many specifics bc I don't want to risk getting into trouble. I will say there is no one dancing on FOF though, but instead there are performers dancing on platforms and on the dance floor! 

EDIT: Here is a little sneak peak. This is a pic of me and the cast!

IMG_20210527_220659_237.jpg

Where is John Mataress? ;)

• Haha 1

Not my thing.  Looks like they merged 80's Saved By The Bell with some atrocious techno music.  The audience looked kind of bored most of the time.  And the performers are surely blocking the midway--will they be ejected?

But...I applaud the park for trying something new.  Good news, those like me can avoid this area of the park at that time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1