2021 Regular Season Entertainment

BoddaH1994

I noticed a stage set up next to Rivertown Funnel Cakes today where the tables are (on the side closer to Mystic Timbers). I assume that is where Busker Jam will be performed. The stage isn’t really themed or anything like the Carowinds version of the show.

1 minute ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I noticed a stage set up next to Rivertown Funnel Cakes today where the tables are (on the side closer to Mystic Timbers). I assume that is where Busker Jam will be performed. The stage isn’t really themed or anything like the Carowinds version of the show.

Is the stage fully done? If it is anything like the Carowinds one, it'll have a roof on it and there will likely be a truck next to it. 

12 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Is the stage fully done? If it is anything like the Carowinds one, it'll have a roof on it and there will likely be a truck next to it. 

From what I saw, the stage was literally just a small pad on the ground. It wasn’t anything special. I really didn’t look very closely at it because it was cold and rainy, but I saw it as I walked by. I could be wrong that it is for the show, but I don’t know what else the pad could be for. I really hope it’s not final because Carowinds’ Busker Jam looks really nice, and that would work really well in Rivertown.

35 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

From what I saw, the stage was literally just a small pad on the ground. It wasn’t anything special. I really didn’t look very closely at it because it was cold and rainy, but I saw it as I walked by. I could be wrong that it is for the show, but I don’t know what else the pad could be for. I really hope it’s not final because Carowinds’ Busker Jam looks really nice, and that would work really well in Rivertown.

It starts June 5th. Maybe they are still in the assembly process? Idk.

• Like 2

I am happy to report that much more theming has been added to the stage in Rivertown. An old car is now parked next to the stage, and there are wood pallets behind the stage. There also seem to be other props, but everything is covered. It looks pretty nice.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I am happy to report that much more theming has been added to the stage in Rivertown. An old car is now parked next to the stage, and there are wood pallets behind the stage. There also seem to be other props, but everything is covered. It looks pretty nice.

Unfortunately, it is basically right at the bottleneck before the little bridge going over toward Brewhouse...any crowd at all will block the midway that can get bottlenecked just with the train and Timbers being let out at the same time....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Unfortunately, it is basically right at the bottleneck before the little bridge going over toward Brewhouse...any crowd at all will block the midway that can get bottlenecked just with the train and Timbers being let out at the same time....

I agree that the location it is could create too much congestion. I guess Kings Island security will be busy ejecting people from the park for blocking midways. LOL!

It appears that the elimination of 3 major shows this year in the Showplace, Festhaus and KI Theater were pure budget cutbacks more than COVID precautions.    Given the bottlenecks that the Busker Jam stage and Area 72 party will cause on those already narrow midways.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, super7 said:

It appears that the elimination of 3 major shows this year in the Showplace, Festhaus and KI Theater were pure budget cutbacks more than COVID precautions.    Given the bottlenecks that the Busker Jam stage and Area 72 party will cause on those already narrow midways.  

To be fair, Kings Island was probably not expecting the attendance they have been getting so far this year, so they probably opted to save some money. It will be interesting to see if more entertainment options are introduced at Halloween Haunt or WinterFest. I really do like the idea of live shows on International Street, in Rivertown, and in Oktoberfest at the Biergarten, but I do understand the concern about potential bottleneck situations. For the Rivertown and Oktoberfest shows, Kings Island could tell all guests wanting to watch the show to sit at the tables and chairs in the area or at least stand within the perimeter of the tables and chairs to prevent at least some of the midway blocking and congestion.

7 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

To be fair, Kings Island was probably not expecting the attendance they have been getting so far this year, so they probably opted to save some money. It will be interesting to see if more entertainment options are introduced at Halloween Haunt or WinterFest. I really do like the idea of live shows on International Street and in Rivertown, however, but I do understand the concern about potential bottleneck situations. Kings Island could tell all guests wanting to watch the show to sit at the tables and chairs in the area or at least stand within the perimeter of the tables and chairs.

But they should have known looking at all the pent up demand attendance other non CF parks around the country were exhibiting that opened long before CF opened the majority of their parks.  Why would they think CF wouldn't follow that same trend?

This uptick in attendance comes as no surprise to me whatsoever and I have stated many times on this forum this year that I think on a per day basis that KI will have significant increases in attendance...

A typically light 15,000 guest Tuesday will now be a busy 25,000-35,000 guest day...if Soak City didn't have reservations, I think they would have exceeded that today.  Lines today looked like passholder preview Saturday...

And this was an 8pm close that typically keeps the crowds down.  Wait until 10pm closes...

3 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

But they should have known looking at all the pent up demand attendance other non CF parks around the country were exhibiting that opened long before CF opened the majority of their parks.  Why would they think CF wouldn't follow that same trend?

This uptick in attendance comes as no surprise to me whatsoever and I have stated many times on this forum this year that I think on a per day basis that KI will have significant increases in attendance...

A typically light 15,000 guest Tuesday will now be a busy 25,000-35,000 guest day...if Soak City didn't have reservations, I think they would have exceeded that today.  Lines today looked like passholder preview Saturday...

And this was an 8pm close that typically keeps the crowds down.  Wait until 10pm closes...

I agree Cedar Fair should have prepared better. I remember at the beginning of the year, Kings Island said they were hiring for over 4,000 positions, and I was surprised because in a normal year, Kings Island hires for 5,000 positions. This year Kings Island also has to staff Camp Cedar, so they should have been hiring for more than 5,000 positions. Some games at the park, specifically the basketball shooting games, are not even ready to open if there was more staff. Cedar Fair definitely did not plan to operate like they do in a normal year, and I think they are probably regretting their decision now. Kings Island would have had a much easier time hiring if they started offering more positions in January, especially if they announced that pay would be $15 minimum.

Just now, FUN&ONLY! said:

I agree Cedar Fair should have prepared better. I remember at the beginning of the year, Kings Island said they were hiring for over 4,000 positions, and I was surprised because in a normal year, Kings Island hires for 5,000 positions. This year Kings Island also has to staff Camp Cedar, so they should have been hiring for more than 5,000 positions. Some games at the park, specifically the basketball shooting games, are not even ready to open if there was more staff. Cedar Fair definitely did not plan to operate like they do in a normal year, and I think they are probably regretting their decision now. Kings Island would have had a much easier time hiring if they started offering more positions in January, especially if they announced that pay would be $15 minimum.

is camp cedar open?

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

Maybe the should create a....position or....Chief Executive Prognosticator....and hired...you for it! ;)

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2021 at 11:01 PM, FUN&ONLY! said:

Camp Cedar is not open yet, but Kings Island is hiring for it.

We are in the process of training for our positions right now. Those that are fully trained can help out in the main park if they want to, or just wait until opening if not.

Also, didn't think I'd say this, but I work for camp cedar now, very exciting stuff

• Like 1