Kings Island Releases 2021 Park Map

As we inch closer and closer to season pass holder preview on May 8th and 9th, and the start of the general season on May 15th, Kings Island is getting to be on everyone's mind. So many people are ready to get out of the house and enjoy yet another year of thrills, friends, and making memories at their favorite park, Kings Island.

After an uncertain 2020 year with a shortened season, mask wearing, health screenings, and all that went into being safe at the park, we are starting to be able to get a little normalcy in 2021. Along with that is the return of Soak City, Shows, 10PM closes, fireworks, and much more.  KICentral members and other Kings Island fans are figuring out the logistics of getting their families & friends over to the park and making vacation plans that include visits to Kings Island and possibly a day or two at Soak City.

As you start making your plans to visit Kings Island the park map is a great way to show your first time family, friends, and neighbors the layout of Kings Island you might be bringing this summer. Visit our Park Maps Page to not only download the electronic version of the full map, but also reference the park maps anytime.

KICentral wishes everyone a great year at Kings Island. We look forward to not only seeing  you on the forums, but out on the midways!

KICentral Admin

2021 Park Map

2021-Park-Map-1024x784.png

2021-Soack-City-Map-1024x794.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Why do you want paper maps?

I like to collect them. Plus, I prefer the physical aspect of holding it in my hands versus looking at an image on my phone.

I would be legitimately surprised if there’s anyone that wants them to remain electronic for this year.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

I like to collect them. Plus, I prefer the physical aspect of holding it in my hands versus looking at an image on my phone.

I would be legitimately surprised if there’s anyone that wants them to remain electronic for this year.

I never pull out the maps when I get them (I've been going to KI all my life, so I don't need it; there are also electronic maps everywhere). 

For me, it's what KIghostguy said. It's about collecting; it's a nostalgic thing. When I was a kid, the first thing I did when we got to the park was grab the map and unfold it to look for showtimes, find where the new ride was, etc. I like the idea that I can still do that, and I love that now my kids get just as excited about it. They may be inessential, but for some it's a big part of the experience. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

I’d say chances are about 50/50 of the paper maps never returning. They are trying to drive digital with the ultimate goal of phasing out paper maps and I think the ‘Rona may have expedited that process 

• Sad 1

The NEW 2021 Kings Island Park Map/Guides looks good....although I did print out a limited number of copies of the new KI Park Map/Guide (pdf copy via Adobe Acrobat Reader) at the library downtown earlier this afternoon so I know some people don't like seeing the maps electronically on smart phones because it makes it harder to read the map on where the rides are.  I wouldn't be surprised if Kings Island and all of the Cedar Fair parks would return to paper maps again....but I'm not sure why they decided to phase it out for no apparent reason at all....That's what got me concerned.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bjcolglazier said:

I don't think we'll see smoking allowed inside the park ever again. I'm not sure allowing it just prior to entry is ideal for anyone, but I find it amusing it's still a location on the map. 

I think they pulled that trigger with having a reason to do so. I am happy about the decision and hope it stays permanent. 

• Like 3

Entering a park I've never been to, I still prefer a paper map that I can spread out and look over and find my way. Much easier than a phone. I try to research parks before-hand, but until you actually get the lay of the land it can be confusing staring at a 5" screen.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

I saw guests on Saturday carrying around paper maps! I was overjoyed. They said they got them over by the height checking station near the front gate.

That is great to hear! Now all Kings Island needs to do is put paper maps back by the entrance.

• Like 2

Fortunately, I was able to spot it out with the NEW Kings Island 2021 park maps and it was evidently found at the front gate so I was able to score one last week...had no problems with that but I'm glad to report that the paper maps are back for 2021.

• Like 1

I was not able to get a paper map (I was told someone had them at the front), however, I wanted to talk about a related thing - it seemed the wayfinder boards were off (probably because COVID), but there were really neat little directional signs attached to the boards that point to nearby rides/attractions. I thought this was pretty cool and creative.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 2:00 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

As we inch closer and closer to season pass holder preview on May 8th and 9th, and the start of the general season on May 15th, Kings Island is getting to be on everyone's mind. So many people are ready to get out of the house and enjoy yet another year of thrills, friends, and making memories at their favorite park, Kings Island.

After an uncertain 2020 year with a shortened season, mask wearing, health screenings, and all that went into being safe at the park, we are starting to be able to get a little normalcy in 2021. Along with that is the return of Soak City, Shows, 10PM closes, fireworks, and much more.  KICentral members and other Kings Island fans are figuring out the logistics of getting their families & friends over to the park and making vacation plans that include visits to Kings Island and possibly a day or two at Soak City.

As you start making your plans to visit Kings Island the park map is a great way to show your first time family, friends, and neighbors the layout of Kings Island you might be bringing this summer. Visit our Park Maps Page to not only download the electronic version of the full map, but also reference the park maps anytime.

KICentral wishes everyone a great year at Kings Island. We look forward to not only seeing  you on the forums, but out on the midways!

KICentral Admin

2021 Park Map

2021-Park-Map-1024x784.png

2021-Soack-City-Map-1024x794.png

Looks so empty without The Vortex in it. It makes that spot seem empty and the area smaller? How could the fit Vortex in that small section of the map? Weird i'm just noticing that.

• 2 months later...

One thing about the 2021 Maps I found out from my last visit 2 days ago on the 8th- they have gone back to the folding style rather than the big sheet of paper that didn't fold up for the first time since around 2014-ish. I actually really appreciate this and have no idea why it was ever changed- the foldable ones are much easier to store, and for collectors like me having a stack of those is much easier.

Also I noticed the shrunk Diamondback down to a more realistic scale to make the height difference between it and Orion more pronounced without having to make Orion ridiculous. :P

• Like 2