Best B&M Collection [Updated]

Best B&M Collection  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I feel like I can't vote since I have only been to 3 of the parks on that list. Cedar Point, Carowinds and Kings Island. Of those 3 Carowinds wins out even with the god awful Vortex. Diamondback is better than Intimidator. Fury is better than Orion and is the best B&M I have been on. Banshee beats out Afterburn but Afterburn is one hell of a ride and still smooth. Raptor is getting a bit rough and the end of that ride can be real nasty. I have had good rides on Rougarou, and some real headbangers too. I'm not the biggest Valravn fan and I think it would barely make my top 10 at Cedar Point let alone a B&M or overall list.  GateKeeper is probably the best B&M at Cedar Point and the only wing I have rode that is better is Thunderbird. Ironically Holiday World's lineup is so strong that Thunderbird at that park is my number 4 in the park. So that leaves King's Island and Carowinds almost tied for best B&M park out of the 3 and Cedar Point a distant third. I give Carowinds the edge because of Fury and they have 4 versus King's Island 3.

Shambhala, Leviathan, Mako, Fury, Flying Dinosaur, Fenix, Thunderbird, Valkyria, Banshee, Candymonium, Orion all built in the last 10 years. Monster, a return to the classic restraint invert, also looks outstanding. Modern B&M gets a hilarious bad rap by some enthusiasts. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, JimParker85 said:

Shambhala, Leviathan, Mako, Fury, Flying Dinosaur, Fenix, Thunderbird, Valkyria, Banshee, Candymonium, Orion all built in the last 10 years. Monster, a return to the classic restraint invert, also looks outstanding. Modern B&M gets a hilarious bad rap by some enthusiasts. 

Rightfully so.

1 hour ago, coaster sally said:

Modern B&M gets a hilarious bad rap by some enthusiasts. 

7 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

Why do you think that B&M rightfully warrants the bad rap?  I think B&M are fun rides, that are very repeatable.  Parks love them because they have good capacity and normally good uptime.

Not referring to parks.  Referring to enthusiasts.

B&M is the safe reliable option. They will last as long as Arrows or longer. But B&M is the vanilla ice cream of the coaster world. Like Toyota is in cars. Chocolate is better and so is Honda. I love most B&M's but they do not take risks. They will never build a Steel Vengeance or Maverick or Top Thrill or Voyage. Fury is in my opinion their best coaster and for darn near 25 years Raptor was my favorite ride at Cedar Point.

Not everything needs to be chocolate.  I find both Orion and Banshee to be intense.  Not in the out of your seat causing bruises on your thighs as your body slams into the restraint like with Voyage, Steel Vengeance and even Maverick.  As I have gotten older, I have learned to appreciate the smoother yet intense rides.  Don`t get me wrong, I love the above mentioned rides, just I think they are almost too intense.  I have nearly grayed out on both Banshee and Orion before.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Coasters are subjective.  People rave about Maverick, for me it's just OK.  Many hate Magnum XL-200, but I love it.  The problem with enthusiasts comes into play when people state their opinion about a ride as a fact.  

Coasters have facts:  TTD is 420' tall, launches you from 0-120 in 4 seconds and often is down are facts.  Just like Orion is 287' tall, goes 91 mph and has demonstrated reliability.  Stats are stats, but someone may favor TTD to Orion and another may like Apple Zapple better than both of them.  

• Like 1

To me, coasters are a form of art that, as previously stated, is subjective, like music, movies, paintings and sculptures.  It's an art form that involves the sense of touch and our nervous systems are all wired differently.  Enthusiasts need to heed that when learning of others' perspective when giving opinions and need to know the difference between opinions and facts.  It's a lovely community when that comes together.  Unfortunately, the more obnoxious ones such as the Intamin fanboys ruin conversations.  As I've said on another thread, I've yet to meet a huge fan of Intamin who wasn't obnoxious and they always use the same talking points.  It's a weird cycle.

• Like 1