Kings Island Closing Early Today 5/9/21

BoddaH1994

3 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

With a 90 percent chance of rain tomorrow what's the over/under for closing early or not opening at all?

I think Soak City will be closed, but Kings Island will probably at least open. How long Kings Island stays open depends on how many people are there. I also think Chef’s Plate will be a no go again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I think Soak City will be closed, but Kings Island will probably at least open. How long Kings Island stays open depends on how many people are there. I also think Chef’s Plate will be a no go again.

Well, unless they changed it, the Chef Plate was only scheduled for Wednesday's.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Well, unless they changed it, the Chef Plate was only scheduled for Wednesday's.

I just realized that. It is kind of strange that they are scheduling it for only Wednesdays, but I guess Kings Island wants people to come out on historically lower attendance days. Also, the Chef’s Plate likely isn’t that profitable because the majority of people buying it are probably passholders who get it with the All-Season Dining Plan.

Giving credit where due today Thusrday June 3!    The original forecast was for 60% to 90% chance of rain all day.   I went to the park since I had the day off against my better judgement given the forecast. 

The forecast changed a couple times during the day. It stopped raining about 1 PM let’s start it again around 630.      They close the rides at 630 and actually reopened them after 7 in the rain until closing.   

The park operated today as it has traditionally    They even ran both sides of Racer until closing.    The only closed rides were Viking Fiury and Dodgem which seem to have rain issues plus WW Canyon.   

• Like 2

^ Absolutely!  It was nice to see them stay open Wednesday and Thursday when they could have threw in the towel.  Let's hope moving forward that continues so that people can plan for that and maybe help spread attendance out.  No doubt the Tuesday crowd was a combination of the forecast for Wednesday and Thursday, along with CP being closed.  Some on Tuesday may have pushed it off until Wednesday or Thursday if they could predict the park would stay open.  It appeared the days were also used for training for new staff, which is much nicer for new employees to learn on than a Saturday attendance day!

• Like 4