Updating

pkifreak

I too voted for Coney Mall, although I would have said "most/all of the park" if it were an option. The fading/peeling paint, crumbling surfaces and incosistency throughout the park is a problem. Oktobertfest practically doesn't exist anymore - there's only one ride with something close to the theme, and there's no German food anymore.

While it is true that Coney Mall is undergoing a renovation this season as well as in 2004. I still think Coney Mall could use another new attraction added to that area of the park. I mean, AZ got Face Off, Drop Zone and Son of Beast in 1999 and 2000 and then Delirium in 2003. I do agree though that rides like Face Off and Drop Zone are showing there age and could use a paint shop and freshening up. The rust spots on Face Off are becoming more obvious. As far as need for new rides though, I still think Coney Mall is in need more than AZ. An added benefit that Coney has for expansion is that traffic flows really well through it since it is not clogged by dead end paths.

I voted for Coney too. The last new ride Coney got was Flight of Fear in '96. Hopefully IJ will give Coney a good facelift. Possibly in '06 when we get a new ride, it could possibly be in Coney as well. Plus most of the rides need repainted.

It would make Coney Mall even more B*TCHIN! than it is now.

Yeah the paint jobs in AZ are looking pretty poor. Drop Zone`s paint has faded considerably. Also, Face Off has faded and has large patches of rust on the supports. Addtionally, I would like to see some new, brighter colors and landscaping in Coney Mall as part of the revitalization of the area with the opening of IJ:ST

^ I disagree with that. I love the classic look that Coney Mall has to offer and how that any "modern" ride can't bee seen entirely from the midway. I think that was the original intention. I'm just wondering how they're going to prevent IJST from being overly loud with all of the effects....

I did not mean for Coney to loose its classic feel. I just meant some more general fresh coats of paint on stuff. Adding landscaping by IJST to make it fit in. I too wonder how they will fit IJST in with Coney mall, especially down by the Eagles and Tuckers. The noise factor could be an issue to since Coney Mall is usually not that loud of an area.