1st timer to Carowinds

21 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

Cracker Barrel right across the street is good. If you have meal plans then Harmony Hall is the right answer. Food overall is not near as good inside the park as King's Island or even Cedar Point. The Chickie and Pete I tried last Nov was terrible. The bread was even stale.

I mean they were only opened for Iike a month last year.

36 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

Cracker Barrel right across the street is good. If you have meal plans then Harmony Hall is the right answer. Food overall is not near as good inside the park as King's Island or even Cedar Point. The Chickie and Pete I tried last Nov was terrible. The bread was even stale.

Yea my experience with Carowinds in park food was pretty lackluster. However I believe they recently hired the former executive chef at Knotts Berry farm so hopefully their food offerings improve in the coming years.

I was impressed with Harmony Hall.  Lots of variety and good food.  Chickie and Petes was terrible, but so was it and Cedar Point (I guess I just dont like that kind of food!).  I wanted to try Wings when I was there but didn't, I think it is the Country Kitchen now.  I haven't been there in 5 years.

2 hours ago, coaster sally said:

I mean they were only opened for Iike a month last year.

Its still not a good reason why a restaurant inside the park had stale bread on day 2 of operations though. The food festival food was amazing but that is not what Flightoffear was asking about nor does it apply in their situation.

I ate at Panda Express and Jukebox diner and both were good. Also got beer at a cart by the Flying Cobras and it was cold and good. Nighthawk, and I232 are good coasters. Afterburn and Fury are amazing coasters. I was not able to ride Copperhead since it opened a few years later. Carolina Cyclone was bad so hopefully The Vortex trains help. Hurler and Vortex were also pretty subpar. It is a great park though and easily one of my favorite Cedar Fair parks