Cincinnati's Coney Island Announces New Attractions This Year — Like a Giant Floating Obstacle Course

WindingSon

51 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

Idk why the link is hard to see from the highlight, but it's basically a floating obstacle course :)

Oh so it is it's own thing. Got it. Hey, at least Coney Island is getting back on their feet. Seems that they are actually taking all of this pretty well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastersRZ said:

Yep.  BoddaH1994 is correct.  This was announced for last year, but was never implemented last season.  

I wish rides would make a return at Coney sometime again.  Don`t know if that will ever happen with current ownership...

I’m hoping so as well. History repeats itself. Haha.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Management also ignored a petition from numerous people who wanted them to keep the rides. It will be interesting to see what happens at Balloon Glow this year, though I probably won't attend since I typically spend all day out there for that event and don't want to spend all day at the pool.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Just asking . . I am not close enough to be "in the know" for Coney Island.  I would love to see all the rides come back.  But is the new business model profitable?  Was the ride maintenance and employees a money pit for the bottom line?  I am sure it was more than just ride operators, some other staff would have been let go too to cut costs.

I truly miss the idea of going down and walking around the old park.  Seeing the sites and sounds of people enjoying a full lineup at the park.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rlentless said:

Just asking . . I am not close enough to be "in the know" for Coney Island.  I would love to see all the rides come back.  But is the new business model profitable?  Was the ride maintenance and employees a money pit for the bottom line?  I am sure it was more than just ride operators, some other staff would have been let go too to cut costs.

I truly miss the idea of going down and walking around the old park.  Seeing the sites and sounds of people enjoying a full lineup at the park.

I'd like to see something akin to a FEC at the very least, that way there would be outdoor activities to offer as well as a few rides and possible a small roller coaster. I don't expect coney to go back to what it was before, but at the very least it needs something to attract visitors. Right now, the park is mainly for locals / company picnics. I'm not a swimmer so I have absolutely no reason to go to coney island. Now, when it comes to the nights of lights, that's something that I can do since it is something that attracts locals and tourists. If coney were to invest in go karts, laser tag, a few small attractions, ect. I would have a reason to visit the park. Just imaging coney with a large outdoor go kart track, that would be really cool! But right now, I have 0 reason to go there thus, I am not spending any money there despite me living 7 miles away. Coney really dropped the ball when they removed all rides, they have done absolutely nothing between that time and now, It's a shame, such a big move that was very controversial to invest in the water park only to not invest in the water park. They can blame Covid all they want but it's 2023, they have had 2.5 full operating seasons worth of revenue to work with nothing to show for. I want coney to succeed but at the same time I can't help but be disappointed by how their decision making has gone. Thank you for coming to my ted talk!

• Like 1

Count me in as one really missing the rides too! Spent a ton of summer days enjoying that side of the park. If we wanted to do water stuff, then off to KI we went...but those bumper cars at Coney had some kick! We had season passes every year, but when they decided to ditch the rides, that's when stopped buying passes for the family. I'm sure we were not the only local family to not get passes after that decision...but I guess their bottom line is ok regardless. We just spend those few summer days that we used to back there days for days at KI now. KI is my second home anyway, so Coney's loss.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...