Cedar Point 2021 Discussion

Not sure. Seems odd it would just be every tuesday and Wednesday for the first four weeks of the month. It could be an error, or maybe they don't think they'll need them those days due to lighter crowds, or it could be a staffing issue that is going to cause them to reduce the calendar by a further 8 days and cancel a ton of hotel reservations. If it's that, I assume an announcement would be coming in the next few days. 

It has them grayed out in my app at this time in the same fashion as the late august closed days. We'll see...

30 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Sadly we will probably see them still struggle to find workers...and now the days they will be open will be even more crowded...

The "make me whole" line will be out to the causeway on Wednesdays:P

Lines aren't too bad today and today had no reservations available

4 hours ago, Benjamin22 said:

Cedar Point is raising minimum wage at the park to $20 

From a labor seasonal budget perspective, the only way to increase wages is to decrease the hours/days the park is open (which keeps the same amount in the seasonal labor budget), so not too surprised CP appears to be closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays for three weeks in June.   I do feel sorry for those that had CP expensive hotel reservations like Breakers already booked for the newly closed days (hopefully CP will allow a full refund without penalty or free rebook).   For KI fans hopeful for Haunt in addition to the advertised Fall Fest, this should be a “nail in the coffin” that there will not be a Haunt at KI with late night hours as in prior years before the pandemic.

1 hour ago, Winterfestguy said:

From a labor seasonal budget perspective, the only way to increase wages is to decrease the hours/days the park is open (which keeps the same amount in the seasonal labor budget), so not too surprised CP appears to be closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays for three weeks in June.   I do feel sorry for those that had CP expensive hotel reservations like Breakers already booked for the newly closed days (hopefully CP will allow a full refund without penalty or free rebook).   For KI fans hopeful for Haunt in addition to the advertised Fall Fest, this should be a “nail in the coffin” that there will not be a Haunt at KI with late night hours as in prior years before the pandemic.

I would say so, Haunt (especially at KI) always had staffing issues pre-covid.

18 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

I would say so, Haunt (especially at KI) always had staffing issues pre-covid.

Worlds of Fun has 12:00 PM closings on their calendar for September and October. If Worlds of Fun ends up having Halloween Haunt with late closes, I think Kings Island will too.

4 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Worlds of Fun has 12:00 PM closings on their calendar for September and October. If Worlds of Fun ends up having Halloween Haunt with late closes, I think Kings Island will too.

Wow, closing at noon really is cutting back the hours:P Or are they staying open thru the night LOL.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

But keep in mind that Worlds of Fun has already stated that they will not be having Winterfest this year.

Worlds of Fun also sees way less attendance that Kings Island. Kings Island, while they may be having staffing issues, is likely not experiencing them to the extent of Cedar Point or other parks in the chain. Kings Island has raised most starting positions to $11 while other Cedar Fair parks have raised it to more than that. I can’t say that this confirms Kings Island is not having as severe staffing issues, but from what so have seen, most food locations and shops have been open at Kings Island. Kings Island has been slammed with guests, but staffing has not necessarily the problem that caused long lines.

26 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

With the apparent reduced capacity, did the cut the lines early?

we left and sv was still open around 715.  Granted the sign said 30min.  from the beach we saw GateKeeper and Valravyn cycle a few trains of people after 8.  I sure they cut the lines like around 730 or so.

25 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

With the apparent reduced capacity, did the cut the lines early?

Didn't notice.  Went to Bay Harbor for dinner at 7:45 and didn't notice anything running after 8.  Will check tomorrow when we'll stay in the park till close.  Lines for GateKeeper, Blue Streak, Raptor and Valraven were practically non-existent.  We got in line for Valraven and the FLP line was just as long as the regular queue.  I didn't notice any long food lines either.  Definitely better than last weekend to come up.  I'll try and give an update tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, robintodd said:

Didn't notice.  Went to Bay Harbor for dinner at 7:45 and didn't notice anything running after 8.  Will check tomorrow when we'll stay in the park till close.  Lines for GateKeeper, Blue Streak, Raptor and Valraven were practically non-existent.  We got in line for Valraven and the FLP line was just as long as the regular queue.  I didn't notice any long food lines either.  Definitely better than last weekend to come up.  I'll try and give an update tomorrow.

We walked on GateKeeper FLP @ sround 330, standby line appeared to be around an hour

Two sets of my friends had their vacation plans impacted by the Tuesday/Wednesday closures (only because I let them know).  After 4 days of the reservation phone lines being busy every time they tried to call, they finally got through today.  They both can now only stay one night at Breakers because they were told by the reservation agent Breakers is sold out for every Friday and Saturday all through the entire month of June.  They both felt they were not treated as a valued customer as all this was just shoved down their throats.  I did warn them that with CP hotel/cabin sell outs for Friday (and all those automatically have a park reservation), the park will likely be very crowded if they decide to enter the park on Friday morning after checking out.  They both said they will never return if this is the way the park wants to run their business always changing days/hours of park operations after being published and not caring about the customer - too difficult to plan a vacation.  I don’t blame them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Winterfestguy said:

Two sets of my friends had their vacation plans impacted by the Tuesday/Wednesday closures (only because I let them know).  After 4 days of the reservation phone lines being busy every time they tried to call, they finally got through today.  They both can now only stay one night at Breakers because they were told by the reservation agent Breakers is sold out for every Friday and Saturday all through the entire month of June.  They both felt they were not treated as a valued customer as all this was just shoved down their throats.  I did warn them that with CP hotel/cabin sell outs for Friday (and all those automatically have a park reservation), the park will likely be very crowded if they decide to enter the park on Friday morning after checking out.  They both said they will never return if this is the way the park wants to run their business always changing days/hours of park operations after being published and not caring about the customer - too difficult to plan a vacation.  I don’t blame them.

It is a shame it is appearing to be multi parks in the chain that are having difficulty communicating to their patrons about changes.

What if you had not told them and they just showed up to a closed park and hotel?

How can they not reach out to people with hotel reservations on their properties?

• Like 1