Cedar Point 2021 Discussion

3 hours ago, Old_Bearcat said:

How have Cedar Point crowds been on Mondays this year?   Looking for a quick trip this Monday 8/2/21... TIA

I have been to one Monday and it was very busy.  So is any day that ends in Y this season. FLP lines have crept north of 1 hour occasionally on the big 5 most weekdays I have been so far.

The main lot was looking pretty good this morning when we pulled in at 10:30 but have been in CPS, will let you know about the dry park after a bit.  

• Like 1

Our trip last week was Tuesday-Friday. Good god it was busy all week. FLP was sold out all 4 days, we waited 45 minutes for Valravn and SV multiple times with FLP (all season was huge for this trip). 35 for Maverick, TTD. FLP is hilariously oversold there. Easy to understand the greed of selling so many at $120-$170 per day, but man I wish they'd sell fewer. 

• Like 1

I tried to Google this, anyone know what time the parking tolls/gates open at Cedar Point?   10 am opening for mere mortals, but can you get into the parking lot and main gate to the main midway earlier than that?

(follow-up --- assume the way to go is to walk to the back to get to Steel Vengeance, Top Thrill Dragster and Maverick to ride those, if they are open)

EE is at 9, Dragster isn’t on early entry so it opens at 10 (maybe) Not sure what time they open the main lot or if it is really closed at all. You should be able to park there by 8:30 at the latest.  Perimeter Rd. and at least one booth is open 24/7.

Pro tip: getting out of the main lot at close is a nightmare on busy days (Every day this season). If you can’t leave early best best is to be Clark and park in the overflow lot to the left and walk a bit more.  Getting out is a snap unless there is an actual jam on the causeway or on the mainland.  

See all where all these smart Griswalds parked?  They are going to be home 1/2 to 1 hour earlier. One right turn and they are out on the causeway.  

08E7D40D-2FD8-40C8-B66D-B0D1FAB214E6.jpeg

2 hours ago, Old_Bearcat said:

I tried to Google this, anyone know what time the parking tolls/gates open at Cedar Point?   10 am opening for mere mortals, but can you get into the parking lot and main gate to the main midway earlier than that?

(follow-up --- assume the way to go is to walk to the back to get to Steel Vengeance, Top Thrill Dragster and Maverick to ride those, if they are open)

To second KDD, the parking tolls open at 8:30, security gates open at 8:45, and then you can scan in and be at the open rides at 9:00.

On 7/29/2021 at 1:43 PM, King Ding Dong said:

EE is at 9, Dragster isn’t on early entry so it opens at 10 (maybe) Not sure what time they open the main lot or if it is really closed at all. You should be able to park there by 8:30 at the latest.  Perimeter Rd. and at least one booth is open 24/7.

Pro tip: getting out of the main lot at close is a nightmare on busy days (Every day this season). If you can’t leave early best best is to be Clark and park in the overflow lot to the left and walk a bit more.  Getting out is a snap unless there is an actual jam on the causeway or on the mainland.  

See all where all these smart Griswalds parked?  They are going to be home 1/2 to 1 hour earlier. One right turn and they are out on the causeway.  

That seems like a pretty far walk at a park that already has a lot of walking (1 mile from the front gate to SV). Is there much reason not to park further up in the overflow area on the left closer to the gate?

Also, do they let you park near Famous Dave's and the Valravn gate? (though I guess that's not open early)

5 minutes ago, DoomPlague said:

That seems like a pretty far walk at a park that already has a lot of walking (1 mile from the front gate to SV). Is there much reason not to park further up in the overflow area on the left closer to the gate?

Also, do they let you park near Famous Dave's and the Valravn gate? (though I guess that's not open early)

I think you would be fine parking anywhere in that overflow lot but the employees will get the closer spots unless you get there really early. The lots up closer to the Marina are for dock holders only and the Marina gate is no longer open to guests for early entry.  I think that stopped with SV.  

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Nope, but as Kinzel said “people gotta eat”.  

Who waits 105 minutes for Corkscrew?  

A258F84B-6A8E-4C03-A897-5F38F886832C.jpeg

My problem with the Queue Times website and the Cedar Fair park apps, for that matter, is that the wait times are not updated frequently enough. A ride like Millennium Force could go down, clearing the line, and when it reopens the wait might be only 10 minutes when it is recorded and posted on the app. Also, the wait times for other ride could be exaggerated. It is unlikely that the wait for Corkscrew is 105 minutes when the wait for Millennium Force is only 44 minutes.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The Power Tower 1 webcam shows the definition of lunacy... or masochism.  Why anyone would be foolish enough to go to a park when it's that busy is beyond me. The frustration to enjoyment ratio is about 10,000 to 1, and whats worse is that there is a solid line of headlights on the causeway waiting to still get in, smh.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 4:33 PM, FUN&ONLY! said:

My problem with the Queue Times website and the Cedar Fair park apps, for that matter, is that the wait times are not updated frequently enough. A ride like Millennium Force could go down, clearing the line, and when it reopens the wait might be only 10 minutes when it is recorded and posted on the app. Also, the wait times for other ride could be exaggerated. It is unlikely that the wait for Corkscrew is 105 minutes when the wait for Millennium Force is only 44 minutes.

Que times app gets its info from the park app.  

43 minutes ago, IBEW_Sparky said:

The Power Tower 1 webcam shows the definition of lunacy... or masochism.  Why anyone would be foolish enough to go to a park when it's that busy is beyond me. The frustration to enjoyment ratio is about 10,000 to 1, and whats worse is that there is a solid line of headlights on the causeway waiting to still get in, smh.

Also feeling bad for the workers.  

• Like 3