Construction Equipment Onsite at Kings Island

IndyGuy4KI

2 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

It could be to demolish something? Maybe Kings Island is going to demolish KillMart. If they demolish KillMart, I would assume for a new restaurant for next year. We all know how much Cedar Fair likes building new restaurants.

No one would use a construction crane to demolish KillMart.

• Like 2

Is there any noticeable construction happening anywhere where they could need this? I highly doubt this crane would be here this early for anything for next year (if I remember correctly the cranes for Orion didn't start coming until mid-late summer). If we do see anything major start happening, maybe time to start Decoding 2022 thread? Idk. Not getting my hopes up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Is there any noticeable construction happening anywhere where they could need this? I highly doubt this crane would be here this early for anything for next year (if I remember correctly the cranes for Orion didn't start coming until mid-late summer). If we do see anything major start happening, maybe time to start Decoding 2022 thread? Idk. Not getting my hopes up

I really have no clue what the crane is for. It is definitely for something though. Kings Island wouldn’t order a crane if they weren’t going to use it for something. We just don’t know what that something is. It could be something small or something big, and I guess we will just have to wait to find out what it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

agreed 100% with that. If anything, it could be to demolish timberwolf if they are in fact doing that which I find unlikely.

I don't know if they would need a crane for that? A big bull dozer would do the trick, unless they need to get something big out of that area before they start? 

18 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

What if we are getting the Gerstlauer and Orion was a filler coaster?

I don’t know. I guess Kings Island is still a possibility because I haven’t really seen any substantial evidence of land clearing at any other park. Kings Island does have an area that is already cleared, but it would be weird to see two coasters addd so close together.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I don’t know. I guess Kings Island is still a possibility because I haven’t really seen any substantial evidence of land clearing at any other park. Kings Island does have an area that is already cleared, but it would be weird to see two coasters addd so close together.

The only part that really leans me away from KI is the fact we just got Orion and the coaster is planned to open in May of next year. Unless, CF wants us opening in May to be permanent moving forward, I just don't see it being us since we usually plan on opening our new coasters in April with the park. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

The only part that really leans me away from KI is the fact we just got Orion and the coaster is planned to open in May of next year. Unless, CF wants us opening in May to be permanent moving forward, I just don't see it being us since we usually plan on opening our new coasters in April with the park. 

While the May opening doesn’t seem to work, Kings Island usually opens at the end of April, so they could have Passholder Preview Weekend at the very end of April, and have the ride officially open in May on Opening Day. I am still not sure that Kings Island will be getting the new Gerstlauer coaster though. At this point, I have no clue which park will get it.

• Like 2

Please be for an S&S screamin swing. On a serious note it’s definitely interesting for sure. Based off the notice of commencement it’s definitely possible it could be an attraction that’s been brokered by Ride entertainment (Who does indeed work with gerstlaur). Only issue with that theory is the fact ride entertainment already worked with the park when they replaced the Adventure Express lift hill chain.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

Please be for an S&S screamin swing. On a serious note it’s definitely interesting to interesting for sure. Based off the notice of commencement it’s definitely possible it could be an attraction that’s been brokered by Ride entertainment (Who does indeed work with gerstlaur). Only issue with that theory is the fact ride entertainment already worked with the park when they replaced the Adventure Express lift hill chain.

Wait there's a notice of commencement? Where? Is it recent?

A couple things, Cedar Fair has mentioned that they had put a lot of their projects on hold so that could be the weird start of now for construction.

In addition to working with Gerstlauer, Ride Entertainment also installs the Skycoaster (i.e. Xtreme Skyflyer).  Cedar Point had relocated theirs within the park but it would seem strange to do that when there is seemingly no land clearing anywhere.  

If you look at the areas of the park that haven't really been improved since Mike Koontz has been GM you have Action Zone, Oktoberfest (ride wise), Planet Snoopy, and Soak City.  Is it possible Cedar Fair did a 2 for 1 deal with Gerstlauer where CP gets the coaster and we are getting a flat of some kind?

Clearly there is some reason for the crane but it will be interesting to see what happens.

• Like 3

So had a chance to talk with the park a few minutes ago on International Street. They saw this thread. I can confirm this is NOT new construction for 2022.  They have been moving equipment in Action Zone during the week and said it is not being used for new construction.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

So had a chance to talk with the park a few minutes ago on International Street. They saw this thread. I can confirm this is NOT new construction for 2022.  They have been moving equipment in Action Zone during the week and said it is not being used for new construction.

So they’re clearing equipment to make room for the 400ft Gerstlaur in Action Zone /s

• Haha 5

Right no new construction with it. But that does not eliminate it from relocating something like Extreme sky flyer to The Vortex spot. ;) I think that would be a smart move on the park. That would be cool to
Swing over the valley that Vortex stood and fly towards The Beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

By Action Zone do they mean Timberwolf?

1 hour ago, Oldschool75 said:

Right no new construction with it. But that does not eliminate it from relocating something like Extreme sky flyer to The Vortex spot. ;) I think that would be a smart move on the park. That would be cool to
Swing over the valley that Vortex stood and fly towards The Beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don’t think Xtreme Skyflyer would look good in The Vortex plot of land. I don’t think it looks good in Action Zone. I think it is a really ugly ride, but that is just my opinion.

• Like 3