Reimagining Dinosaurs Alive

SonofBaconator

With Six Flags Great Adventure unveiling their seasonal Dinosaur Attraction, I began to think about our old attraction, "Dinosaurs Alive." 

Hypothetically speaking, Kings Island and Cedar Fair could have really capitalized on the whole Dinosaur thing and made it better than it was. Imagine for a moment that Kinzel wanted to go all out with this Dinosaur concept. Again this is all hypothetical.

First off I think it would have been neat if DA had its own entrance This would be advantageous for a few reasons:

1. Admission would be cheaper. Even though DA was $5 to get in, that was on top of already paying park admission. 
  2. You could make money off of people who don't want to go into the main park. A solo dinosaur park with $20 admission might be appealing to school groups, summer camps, families, etc.

Secondly, I would make it more than just Dinosaurs. Much like how Disney and Universal have their separate parks, I would replicate that on a much smaller scale. I would include a few buildings for food, merch, exhibits, and so on. Basically make it a permanent attraction vs temporary.

I'm sure there would be more to add to this but I'm just brainstorming ideas to something that was done in a temporary fassion.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, kingsislandfan1972 said:

I feel that Dinosaurs Alive was a good concept, I feel it didn't need the admission fee and should have been included with the parks admission. Which makes me wonder whatever happened to all those Dinosaur animatronics? :blink:

I am pretty sure the Dinos were rented/leased. Someone correct me if I am wrong. 

• Like 2

From @TombraiderTy's previous post:

• 2000 - Trail of Terror (North Woods) - A dark pathway that twisted through Kings Island's woods. Featured zombies and other characters. Apparently had a minor back-story involving missing campers. During the attraction, visitors were required to hold onto a yellow "safety-rope" that linked all guests together.
  • 2002 -Psycho Path (North Woods) - An upgrade to the former Trail of Terror
  • 2007 - Trail of Terror (North Woods) - The former Psycho Path under a new name

2010 was the last year for it. 

I am pretty sure the Dinos were rented/leased. Someone correct me if I am wrong. 
Former supervisor for Dinosaurs Alive! Here. You are correct. All the Dinosaurs Alive! Animatronics were leased from a company that was based in Canada. The dinos themselves were very hard to maintain. The park would have to call the company and have someone from the parent company come out for repairs which didn't happen often due to price if I remember correctly (at least from what I was told so take that with a grain of salt because how much of that would be true and told to a seasonal associate). Squirrels loved to make nests inside of the dinos and would wreak havoc on the internal wiring. Honestly working the attraction was my absolute favorite time while working at the park.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...