How to fix Cedar Point

Hey guys. So a lot has been made lately about the problems that are going on at Cedar Point. We know a lot of them have been caused by staffing issues, but apart from that, what changes do you think could be made to make the experience of going to Cedar Point better for everyone? I know a lot of people have been saying the park has been kind of hit or miss for a couple years so just curious.

2 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

In the future they need to get back to basics like what made if fun in the 90's and 2000's.  It was a way better experience before they bought the paramount parks.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this? I had been to Cedar Point around this time but not enough to have an opinion on it like that, and so I'm just curious.

Manual speiling(sp), enthusiastic employees,, late hours, fast ops, the whole atmosphere was more of a party style where everyone was having fun and no Fast Lane.  It's bs that when you purchase a premium product like fastlane you have these ridiculous merge points where you still have a 20-40 minute wait like millenium, Magnum, wicked twister, rougarou, and steel vengeance.  

• Like 1

Some of mine...

1. Maintain the attractive pay in 2022, even though they will likely be able to staff up more with Internationals.

2. Raise the Gold Pass Price to at least $130, if not $150 

3. Focus on improving food and beverage. Look for an opportunity to consolidate into a large new eatery like Harmony Hall.

4. Spend CapEx on restroom renovation

5. Operate with a 2019 and prior calendar. The park is so popular, it needs the early and late season availability to spread out a lot of the destination and passholder guests. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, JimParker85 said:

5. Operate with a 2019 and prior calendar. The park is so popular, it needs the early and late season availability to spread out a lot of the destination and passholder guests.

I like your answers a lot, but this one especially. I'm really worried they're going to keep the shrunken calendar. I mean especially since they're business is so much about passes and things like the meal plan, it seems they might actually have more of an incentive to operate less.

• Like 2

Per Caps has been a very important metric for a long time and is very driven by time spent in the park. They will expand hours and operating days when they have the staff structure to do so efficiently.  Weekday late nights are always a bit soft so those may be the last to come back.  

• Like 1

Some things I noticed.

1. Parking is an issue during busy days for the back of the park. A lot of people go to Cedar Point Shores and they end up having to park in overflow and sometimes on the grass. A parking structure for back of the park would do wonders.
  2. I too would increase the gold pass price to $150
  3. I would try to incorporate some attractions off-peninsula via a second park. They used to have a challenge park and the concept was cool but it took up too much peninsula space. If they could have a separate park for go karts, high ropes, and other attractions, they might encourage their resort guests to spend more days in Sandusky-much like how Disney does it in Orlando. I know that's a lot to ask but its just a thought.
  4. I would work on their front right side of the park. These boardwalk and Planet Snoopy concepts are perfect examples of what I mean. More things geared towards families.
  5. I really think they should look at a family coaster. Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Blue Streak, and Iron Dragon represent the few non kid coasters that are geared more towards families; Gemini is debatable. I think adding the coasters in the concepts I linked in "4" would work out well. 
  • Like 3