Minor Updates and Notes

Dane

I would first like to go over the menu. The menu is scripted in DHTML and is composed of two files. One file is around 20kb and it works as the engine for it. If your in Internet Explorer, thats what controls the cool fading in and out. If your in Firefox, it does nothing more than just show up. The other file controls the items and URLs. It is around 8kb. Both files get saved onto your computer for faster and smoother loading time and operation. Now the problem with this is when I go to add something to the menu, you will need refresh your offline files. Now, you see the little PKICentral logo next to our ads? That is dynamic and will change when a edit has occurred to the menu and you will need to refresh your files. How do you refresh your files? In both IE and FireFox you hit F5 on your keyboard. This will reload every single file/image on whatever page your looking at rather than calling it up from your Temporary Internet Files.

You may have noticed our flashy new ads. Google ads were not making as much money as we needed to balance cost and gains. So we have instituted Fastclick ads for the site. And Google ads have been added to the forums. Don't worry, we will stick to our no-pop ups policy. cowboy.gif

The member toolbar for the forums although does have pop-ups. You will receive a pop-up on your entrance page to the site notifying you that you have a Private Message.

You may have noticed that not all the content is up yet such as editorials and history. The reason behind it is that I gave myself a deadline of Sat. night and that we were gong to go up no-matter what. The history section however, will be redone and easier to navigate.

The intro to the site was done by Klockster as alittle something to welcome the first users to V3. He also did the Italian Job Skin buttons. So a round of applause for him.

Keep coming back as we are not even close to being done, PKICv3 has just begun...