Incident at Kings Island 5/22/21

BeeastFarmer

Heard on 700 WLW around 5:00 am  yesterday that Kings Island would put something out this week. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

I could be wrong on the day I do work early in the morning and my days get mixed up sometimes.

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

It won't let me view it as it is only for subscribers even in an ignoto window. 

It let me read about half. Essentially it told us what we already knew and then speculated beyond that. My point was they were throwing up the same alarms that some of us were. 

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Can the park do anything you find acceptable? :unsure:

They make great ribs at the coney bbq. I really like the water park and most thrill rides. My kids like planner snoopy.  I like the fire works. I think Orion is really cool.  Tons of great things.  

my main issues come down to staffing and bad procedures.

Yeah I heard and I'm shocked to say the least to why these teens start a brawl and let me say this.....This isn't a smart solution to start a brawl like that.  These teens who started the brawl needs to get locked up in jail and will be held accountable for sure...that's one.  Two is that if they have passes, then the passes are going to get confiscated and ban those who start a brawl for life.   I hope that Kings Island security staff, park police officers as well as Mason Police officers are OK and unharmed....although yeah, I'm worried about their safety....Safety does come to mind here.   Really, I don't understand why would teens want to pick a fight but I do know that there were a lot of profanities including the F bombs...  Fighting in theme parks like Kings Island doesn't solve anything and it makes matters worse....I have heard of similar incidents happened at Carowinds, Valleyfair and Kings Dominion as far as I'm concerned.

15 minutes ago, David Ellis said:

Yeah I heard and I'm shocked to say the least to why these teens start a brawl and let me say this.....This isn't a smart solution to start a brawl like that.  These teens who started the brawl needs to get locked up in jail and will be held accountable for sure...that's one.  Two is that if they have passes, then the passes are going to get confiscated and ban those who start a brawl for life.   I hope that Kings Island security staff, park police officers as well as Mason Police officers are OK and unharmed....although yeah, I'm worried about their safety....Safety does come to mind here.   Really, I don't understand why would teens want to pick a fight but I do know that there were a lot of profanities including the F bombs...  Fighting in theme parks like Kings Island doesn't solve anything and it makes matters worse....I have heard of similar incidents happened at Carowinds, Valleyfair and Kings Dominion as far as I'm concerned.

Is this the guy that films illegal pov's?

52 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

What’s funny is, on rougher days I would see security just kind of randomly standing around, as if at a post - always in Coney Mall. I saw this same activity last Saturday as the sun began to set. I wonder what beyond that they intend to do. I hope they have the staff to do what they plan to do.  This weekend is the beginning of the Area 72 Launch Party.  Any old schooler out there want to explain to the rest of the class what happened the last time Kings Island had a live DJ dance party?

19 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

What’s funny is, on rougher days I would see security just kind of randomly standing around, as if at a post - always in Coney Mall. I saw this same activity last Saturday as the sun began to set. I wonder what beyond that they intend to do. I hope they have the staff to do what they plan to do.  This weekend is the beginning of the Area 72 Launch Party.  Any old schooler out there want to explain to the rest of the class what happened the last time Kings Island had a live DJ dance party?

Are you talking the Orion announcement? If so, I don't remember anything major outside from it being shoulder to shoulder, but that was due to the excitement for the announcement and everyone wanting to witness them unveiling the long awaited giga coaster. 

He is referring to when Paramount purchased the park and did a DJ dance party and didn't last it's entire run and if I recall correctly ended after just a few events.  Take the video from this past weekend and add to it and much worse...will history repeat itself with this rendition...

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

He is referring to when Paramount purchased the park and did a DJ dance party and didn't last it's entire run and if I recall correctly ended after just a few events.  Take the video from this past weekend and add to it and much worse...will history repeat itself with this rendition...

If I recall, the first one went fine. The second one got rained out. The third one went the way you described. Then they found excuses to cancel the final 3.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Well KI has done some DJ stuff since then with the Orion announcement and Grand Carnivale. I believe they also did one in Soak City for their Island Nights event and has had no issues that I can recall.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Well KI has done some DJ stuff since then with the Orion announcement and Grand Carnivale. I believe they also did one in Soak City for their Island Nights event and has had no issues that I can recall.

Yeah, some one-offs as part of a ride announcement and part of a family event like Grand Carnivale draws one type of crowd....

A event marketed DJ dance party 9-10pm draws a different type of crowd...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

They also did New Years, but the event wasn’t marketed as a dance party. 

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Another thing is that for several years, they've had the show on the bandstand with River City. Even though it's not a DJ, they usually perform DJ/dance songs and those would draw a crowd especially for the last show before the fireworks and they don't have issues there. 

Again, a different type of crowd than an event marketed as a DJ dance party...many take this type of event to be an outdoor club and will draw a different age demographic like a bunch of unchaperoned teens coupled with college age kids...that was the mixture in the Paramount marketed dance party...in addition to the the fights, you had 19-year old guys doing a little bump-n-grind with a 14-year old girls....we don't see that at the bandstand event that had lots of families with little ones there...nor would we with a bunch of enthusiasts at an Orion announcement event...

Unlike KI,  Cedar Point has always had their own police force on site.   They are big burly guys whom if you are smart you do not mess with and they are well trained.   It seems like because of this you do not see such incidents at CP.   This is no reflection on the dedicated Security people at KI but I am wondering if they have the proper training to deal with and/or prevent such incidents as occurred this past Saturday.  It seems like the solution is to have an on site Police Department at KI with officers who would have such proper training.