Incident at Kings Island 5/22/21

BeeastFarmer

The park suspects it's because I knew the security guard they sent and he and I were chatting prior to them being removed.

Edit: according to the park their text reporting system isn't capable of receiving photographs just fyi

That’s poor training on the guards fault. This whole issue would have stayed off of you had they just walked it and did the thing. Did they need further instruction on the rapscallions were since no pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sucks you had to deal with that @Rallyomalley   Hopefully you didn't see them the rest of the day.

It really is a shame that so many in society now when pointed out that they made a mistake or broke a rule, instead of apologizing they get all defensive and willing to start a fight.

All the years I have stood in a line and someone lit up a cigarette and I nicely inform them that it is not allowed in line, only once did someone apologize and be like "my bad I didn't know" and put it out immediately.  Most of the time it is an F you...

Once I was sitting eating and someone lit up a cigarette at the table next to me and I nicely informed the lady and she got all fussy and she said "There is a security guard, I am going to get him over here and tell him you are harassing me."  I encouraged her to please wave him over and she did with the cigarette in her hand and he told her smoking was prohibited.  She got belligerent with security and hastily put it out, and not once apologized to me or security.

Entitled society we are becoming.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

It sucks you had to deal with that @Rallyomalley   Hopefully you didn't see them the rest of the day.

It really is a shame that so many in society now when pointed out that they made a mistake or broke a rule, instead of apologizing they get all defensive and willing to start a fight.

All the years I have stood in a line and someone lit up a cigarette and I nicely inform them that it is not allowed in line, only once did someone apologize and be like "my bad I didn't know" and put it out immediately.  Most of the time it is an F you...

Once I was sitting eating and someone lit up a cigarette at the table next to me and I nicely informed the lady and she got all fussy and she said "There is a security guard, I am going to get him over here and tell him you are harassing me."  I encouraged her to please wave him over and she did with the cigarette in her hand and he told her smoking was prohibited.  She got belligerent with security and hastily put it out, and not once apologized to me or security.

Entitled society we are becoming.

I left for the day shortly after leaving guest services after talking with Carl and Leslie.  I had zero desire to be there as my day had pretty much already been shot.

This all happened around 1130, and I didn't leave guest services until after 2pm.

By that time it was packed and I was pretty hacked off so...

Thought I would share our experience from the last two visits to KI....

We were there on 5/22 but thankfully left before dark and missed the major incidents.  However, we were in long line at Miami River Brewhouse when two late teenagers approached the restaurant, saw the long line, and decided to walk inside.  They walked to where there is a menu displayed near the split to the two places where you place your order and discussed the menu for at least 5 minutes.  Then they walked to the cashier and ordered food and drinks probably saving themselves at least 30 minutes based on our wait.

I didn't think much of it other than it was just them being teenagers until our visit on Memorial Day.  While waiting in line for Orion a group of 3 early teens (one of which had written on his gym shoes "Zero F**** Given") cut across near the entrance to the building that sits at the base of the steps to the station and proceeded up the steps.  Nothing was said to them.  Shortly after that 6 late-teenagers walked through the Fast Lane line into the building at the base of the steps to the station.  They looked around and when the opportunity arose they jumped across to the regular line.  People just looked around like they couldn't believe it happened and no one said anything to them.  Then as we were going up the steps to the station two adults came walking through the line and very politely said excuse me to everyone they passed and said they were "looking for their mom".  They got about four people from the front of the line and mysteriously must not have found their mom and got on the ride.

I am not laying all of the blame onto Kings Island.  They are obviously extremely short on personnel and cannot babysit each and every one of the lines in the park.  This is a societal issue where people think they can do whatever they like and never be held to account.  Knowing what had happened the previous weekend I also do not blame anyone for not saying anything.  We were all there to enjoy the one nice day of weather we had for Memorial Day weekend and who wants a potential physical altercation?  However, with that being said, those same groups of people are going to jump in front of the wrong people this summer and there will be another fight.  I have been a season pass holder for over 40 years now and I can honestly say I have never seen multiple incidents of line jumping in one day like I did on Monday.  Not sure what KI can do other than try to hire more "babysitters".  Hope things improve going forward but my hopes aren't high.   

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, chilly2336 said:

This is a societal issue where people think they can do whatever they like and never be held to account.  Knowing what had happened the previous weekend I also do not blame anyone for not saying anything.  We were all there to enjoy the one nice day of weather we had for Memorial Day weekend and who wants a potential physical altercation? 

I agree 100%. It frustrates me when I see line jumping...but try not to dwell on it...it just puts me in a bad mood...and I don’t want that when I am visiting the park.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chilly2336 said:

Not sure what KI can do other than try to hire more "babysitters".  Hope things improve going forward but my hopes aren't high.   

The park could facilitate the sending of video clips of transgressions to security.  As @Rallyomalley pointed out, identifying the perps in person to security is potentially dangerous and something most would avoid.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

The park could facilitate the sending of video clips of transgressions to security.  As @Rallyomalley pointed out, identifying the perps in person to security is potentially dangerous and something most would avoid.

I Intend on sending an email this weekend asking those very questions.  

-Why aren't potential offenders removed from line immediately?  If it's an honest mistake, you can easily re-insert them no harm, no foul.

-Why can't your "poor man's Jerk line" receive photos or videos. The park is already wired for video and audio surveillance so they can verify submitted footage independently.

-Why is only 1 security guard dispatched when a complaint is received?  Most of these calls will involve groups....and you're sending 1 guard?  Buddy system anyone?

I have many more questions...but I told Leslie and Carl I expected answers to these questions given I was accosted for "Keeping the park safe"

• Like 2

David Fornshell, the Warren Country prosecutor was on 700 WLW earlier this week and discussed the Kings Island incident.  He indicated that significant changes have been made to the security posture of the park in connection with Mason police.  This matches what many here have already reported regarding seeing more security presence.

He also indicated that his office is continuing to identify individuals from the incident in order to press charges.  This is a tedious process and involves following individuals backwards thru video footage all the way back to the time they enter the park.  I assume they can then correlate the video along with the season pass entry data.

9 hours ago, chilly2336 said:

However, we were in long line at Miami River Brewhouse when two late teenagers approached the restaurant, saw the long line, and decided to walk inside.  They walked to where there is a menu displayed near the split to the two places where you place your order and discussed the menu for at least 5 minutes.  Then they walked to the cashier and ordered food and drinks probably saving themselves at least 30 minutes based on our wait.

Maybe not what happened here, but the bar seating is first come first serve, so oftentimes when you see someone walk in front of the line at brewhouse, that's where they're going. As long as you're 21, you don't have to wait in line to sit there. Same for the high top tables near the bar.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Charges dropped against Charles Brown, plus that wasn't his real name on his gold pass...

https://www.wlwt.com/article/fake-name-on-gold-pass-leads-to-charges-being-dropped-in-kings-island-brawl/36623191

What’s the park’s policy on purchasing a pass under a fake name?

What were this gentleman’s intentions when he supplied a false name when purchasing a pass?

• Like 1

There was a similar incident at Waldameer in Erie PA on Memorial Day.  These incidents are becoming too common at parks over the past few years

Stimulus checks are the key to these issues. It’s
Providing more spending money for those who would not usually have it. And in some cases a different social environment where crime is an everyday thing and they don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...