KI Modifies Park Hours for Memorial Day Weekend to June 10th

chad_1138

Wow, I got banned from reacting/liking/commenting on the parks Facebook page for referencing the early closings, etc. 

As someone who does social media marketing professionally, I’d love to give a shout out to the severe level of unprofessionalism being displayed by the park. 

Bravo. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, beastfan11 said:

Wow, I got banned from reacting/liking/commenting on the parks Facebook page for referencing the early closings, etc. 

As someone who does social media marketing professionally, I’d love to give a shout out to the severe level of unprofessionalism being displayed by the park. 

Bravo. 

The beatings will continue until moral improves.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, beastfan11 said:

Bravo. 

I addressed the poor pr on here this morning and my post got deleted:blink:

We have all shared our frustrations with the way communication was handled including myself on this topic. We have heard of additional security at the park by fellow KIC members, another call to increase the employee shortage. Further laboring the point will be white noise and the park will not put any credibility to our concerns if we do so. 

I know it is easy to share frustrations especially after the last year and a half. It is easy to get in a glass half empty mindset.

We now have started daily operations. Soak City is open this year, we get Winterfest, and Cedar Fair survived the pandemic for us to continue enjoying Kings Island.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Because calling out someone's personal page is unacceptable. 

Can you clarify this policy? Does this apply to ALL tweets (or pages as you call them) from a "personal" account?  Even if said personal account is used fluidly to disseminate information about a business and tags said business in the tweet (page)? 

I find it confusing because all tweets are public unless restricted in some manner when posting. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

The problem with operating at those kind is staffing levels is that people just won’t have a good time. Carowinds was probably less crowded when you visited than Kings Island, so it may have been enjoyable. We have seen guests complain of Kings Island and Cedar Point staffing issues, and at least both parks are trying to correct these problems. Kings Island probably had to cut hours because the employees they have cannot work more than a certain number of hours in a week due to labor laws. Now that weekday operations have started, they cannot have all workers work long days everyday like they would have been able to the first few weekends of operation. Cedar Point was probably short many more employees, so they had to actually cut operating days and hours to prevent the employees they had from working too many hours once weekday operations began. 

Also, can an arrow mine train actually operate with only two employees? I believe you, but I have never seen only one employee checking restraints.

I understand where your coming from but the park being unable to staff enough roles tells me they just weren’t prepared. You can’t make money by being closed. One thing Six Flags has definitely done better.

I would say Kings Island was busier than a Carowinds yesterday. The main reason I had a good day was due to fast pass, without it the day would have sucked. Operations here at Carowinds are just not good. For example, I am here again today and Fury just had a 20 dispatch hour. That’s awful for a Huge B and M like Fury. 

And I would have never thought but they did! Load times were around 10-15 minutes per train on goldrusher. Absolutely insane!

3 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

I understand where your coming from but the park being unable to staff enough roles tells me they just weren’t prepared. You can’t make money by being closed. One thing Six Flags has definitely done better.

I would say Kings Island was busier than a Carowinds yesterday. The main reason I had a good day was due to fast pass, without it the day would have sucked. Operations here at Carowinds are just not good. For example, I am here again today and Fury just had a 20 dispatch hour. That’s awful for a Huge B and M like Fury. 

And I would have never thought but they did! Load times were around 10-15 minutes per train on goldrusher. Absolutely insane!

I really hope Carowinds can speed up their operations. Those dispatches seem really bad. In terms of Six Flags, they usually minimally staff their rides while Kings Island has like 8 people working a ride at any one time including this year. Six Flags has done a good job keeping their parks open, but they are also facing staffing issues. Also, while I know a lot of enthusiasts were fans of this because of light crowds, in order to get night rides at many Six Flags parks, you had to attend Coaster Power Hours which was an up-charge. During these events. I heard many food stands were closed. The actual operating hours had the parks closing earlier. I don’t know about others, but I think it would be a bad look if Kings Island started charging extra to be there for the last two hours of the day.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

Did the parking lot happen on time?  Everytime I have been at Carowinds the gates never open till after park opening and operations are rude and slow.

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

Can you clarify this policy? Does this apply to ALL tweets (or pages as you call them) from a "personal" account?  Even if said personal account is used fluidly to disseminate information about a business and tags said business in the tweet (page)? 

I find it confusing because all tweets are public unless restricted in some manner when posting. 

Sharing a Tweet is fine, but twisting a KI employee's tweets intended message to fit the situation I felt was not in good taste. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, coaster sally said:

Did the parking lot happen on time?  Everytime I have been at Carowinds the gates never open till after park opening and operations are rude and slow.

To be honest, I am not sure. I got here after opening yesterday and today. Operations are a big problem though. The coasters here are dispatching consistently slow. They really could use some more training or something because it’s nowhere near as good as KI. That’s a shame too because their top 4 rides here are fantastic. 

6 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

We have all shared our frustrations with the way communication was handled including myself on this topic. We have heard of additional security at the park by fellow KIC members, another call to increase the employee shortage. Further laboring the point will be white noise and the park will not put any credibility to our concerns if we do so. 

I agreed with you until you got to the part I bolded, underlined, and italicized.  

If the issue/s still persist, then I don't believe it's laboring the point.  Now, it'd be another thing if the park fixed said issues and the conversation was still continuing to the point of beating a dead horse.

Drawing attention to issue/s that still exist/s should continue until the park fixes them and they are completely resolved. They shouldn't get a pass because they are "trying".    Even moreso since the park has been caught being less than honest with us, the GP, and the media.  I would straight up call it a lie, but I don't want an infraction over it.

Why should they get a break from criticism?  Especially when it's  warranted.

• Thanks 2

^ It's disappointing for sure to have shortened hours, as Kings Island is one of the best parks to experience at night. I look forward to when staffing and operational circumstances again (hopefully very soon) permit later operation.

I noticed last night that crowds died down significantly after about 6:00pm. Night rides and fireworks do a great job of keeping people in the park spending money longer, so I'd like to think that this is a priority to get resolved.

Feedback, concerns and constructive criticism are of course always welcome on the forum. To keep the overall tone positive and facilitate a discussion, it's usually best to avoid rehashing the same points.

• Like 1