Kalahari fight

40 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Did everyone forget how to act around other people over the last year?

Yes.  The answer is clearly yes.

Moments later, a Kalahari EMT showed up on scene but was confronted by 24-year-old Zackary Colzin of Sterling, Michigan, who allegedly starting punching him before the EMT tackled Colzin down "in self defense." Colzin then also hit his head on the ground and was knocked out before the EMT began to render first aid.

... wow.  Attacking the responding EMT, who has to tackle and knock you out before they can even render aid to the person they arrived to assist.  There are no words for something as evil as this.

• Like 1

^ I don't know the going rate for EMTs in Sandusky, but the average rate is $13.62 an hour.  Shame to think that a sweep at CP makes apprx $6.70 than a person who is responsible for saving lives and helping people...and is subject to this type of harm on  a daily basis.

• Thanks 1

^ Yup, the pay is low for such an important service.  The harm is really not justified at any rate of pay, but that doesn't help matters.  $20/hr wouldn't make up for the abuse but it would show more appreciation for how much value they bring.  Of course, CP does have its own EMTs that presumably are at $20/hr this season, if this unidentified EMT wanted to make the move..  Though, with tackling this guy, they could look into CPPD as well.  Impressive.

4 minutes ago, jsus said:

^ Yup, the pay is low for such an important service.  The harm is really not justified at any rate of pay, but that doesn't help matters.  $20/hr wouldn't make up for the abuse but it would show more appreciation for how much value they bring.  Of course, CP does have its own EMTs that presumably are at $20/hr this season, if this unidentified EMT wanted to make the move..  Though, with tackling this guy, they could look into CPPD as well.  Impressive.

Ya know, if I was an EMT in Sandusky, I would seriously consider pausing that and going to CP and taking a low skill job like a sweep.  I would make more money, have virtually no job stress, and gets lots of steps in!  Heck, unless the RNs, LPNS and nurse aids locally are making serious cash burn, I would consider it too.   (Low skill is not disrepectul of sweeps.  It just means they don't have to have much skill to get litter.)

• Like 1