What do you want in a new coaster?

SonofBaconator

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Not asking for a specific coaster but rather asking for specific experiences. Do you want hang time like Copperhead Strike? Do you want it to haul like a raptor? Big inversions? Tight inversions? Ejector? Floater? Etc?

Pick your poison

quick transitions, multi launch, a top hat, ejector airtime, airtime at different angles, unique inversions, & lapbars.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Something like Time Traveler or Copperhead Strike would both fit the bill for what the park needs.  A modern multi-launch with inversions, family-friendly, non-maintenance heavy, and not a B&M.  The only hard part with either of those coaster types is they aren't very tall so they make more sense in Action Zone than they would in The Vortex plot.  

From a pure variety standpoint if money were no object I would put a Mack over where Invertigo is and put a Gerstlauer like Hangtime at KBF in The Vortex plot.  But obviously that is 5-10 years down the road to get our next two coasters. 

Yes, I think it would be a great idea to have options of what type of coasters Kings Island will have when it comes to replacing Vortex, Invertigo....I think a B&M dive coaster like Kings Mills Striker seems right to me.   Mack double launch coaster similar to Copperhead Strike at Carowinds would be a second option.... Gerstlauer like Hangtime at KBF in Southern California sounds about right...  These options are on the table.    It would be nice to get one of those coasters that Kings Island may need.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 8:28 AM, Rivertown Rider said:

Something like Time Traveler or Copperhead Strike would both fit the bill for what the park needs.  A modern multi-launch with inversions, family-friendly, non-maintenance heavy, and not a B&M.  The only hard part with either of those coaster types is they aren't very tall so they make more sense in Action Zone than they would in The Vortex plot.  

I don't think it really necessarily has to be tall where you can see it everywhere in the park like Vortex tbh. I actually think a Copperhead style coaster would work great in The Vortex plot using the terrain and having multiple inversions visible from the main midway that goes in front of The Vortex plot

• Like 1

Something that out does everything in another park. On my recent rides in Fury it seems KI got the shaft on Orion. It doesn't have to be super tall or super fast but just something down right fun.  I think a good multi launch coaster with strong airtime a d quick inversion with a innovative inversions. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Something that out does everything in another park. On my recent rides in Fury it seems KI got the shaft on Orion. It doesn't have to be super tall or super fast but just something down right fun.  I think a good multi launch coaster with strong airtime a d quick inversion with a innovative inversions. 

Do you feel like Copperhead Strike fits that description?

• Like 1

I would love something to bring the intensity that Vortex, FOF, and Mystic Timbers brings in the form of a modern steel coaster.
I think KI could use its first 90*+ drop. But, mostly a coaster with snappier inversions and/ or ejector. Just one ride that proved to be more of a "whoa, what was that" experience for most of the duration. Banshee has 2 moments like that. (always dreamed of what if the zero G roll stay low and fast along the hill downwards instead of the soaring version we have)

But, that's likely not going to be the case for most future additions. Which is perfectly fine! But you asked what I would want :p 

• Like 1

My sister thinks Kings Island should add a couple flat rides in between years that they decide to build a roller coaster. I agree a little and here's why. Yes, we need a new roller coaster to replace Vortex down the road. However, it might not be in the park's budget right now so adding a smaller flat ride the whole family could enjoy would work well. The other part of me that agrees with my sister is, when paramount owned Kings Island there was more charm and excitement in the line-up they already had. Back when we were kids, we didn't care about record breaking rides because the collection Kings Island had was fun for the whole family. I could write an essay on how much I loved Kings Island as a kid to now, but I won't do that on here.