Jump to content

What do you want in a new coaster?


Recommended Posts

Not asking for a specific coaster but rather asking for specific experiences. Do you want hang time like Copperhead Strike? Do you want it to haul like a raptor? Big inversions? Tight inversions? Ejector? Floater? Etc?

Pick your poison

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Not asking for a specific coaster but rather asking for specific experiences. Do you want hang time like Copperhead Strike? Do you want it to haul like a raptor? Big inversions? Tight inversions? Ejector? Floater? Etc?

Pick your poison

 

quick transitions, multi launch, a top hat, ejector airtime, airtime at different angles, unique inversions, & lapbars.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, westcoaster said:

It would be cool start w a dark ride like building. W a story, then the lift hill..

 

So like Wonder Mountain Guardian or a bunch of those coasters in Europe that have a preshow before the lift? I wouldn't mind that. Especially for a medieval themed coaster in Action Zone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Something like Time Traveler or Copperhead Strike would both fit the bill for what the park needs.  A modern multi-launch with inversions, family-friendly, non-maintenance heavy, and not a B&M.  The only hard part with either of those coaster types is they aren't very tall so they make more sense in Action Zone than they would in The Vortex plot.  

From a pure variety standpoint if money were no object I would put a Mack over where Invertigo is and put a Gerstlauer like Hangtime at KBF in The Vortex plot.  But obviously that is 5-10 years down the road to get our next two coasters. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I think it would be a great idea to have options of what type of coasters Kings Island will have when it comes to replacing Vortex, Invertigo....I think a B&M dive coaster like Kings Mills Striker seems right to me.   Mack double launch coaster similar to Copperhead Strike at Carowinds would be a second option.... Gerstlauer like Hangtime at KBF in Southern California sounds about right...  These options are on the table.    It would be nice to get one of those coasters that Kings Island may need.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2021 at 8:28 AM, Rivertown Rider said:

Something like Time Traveler or Copperhead Strike would both fit the bill for what the park needs.  A modern multi-launch with inversions, family-friendly, non-maintenance heavy, and not a B&M.  The only hard part with either of those coaster types is they aren't very tall so they make more sense in Action Zone than they would in The Vortex plot.  

 

I don't think it really necessarily has to be tall where you can see it everywhere in the park like Vortex tbh. I actually think a Copperhead style coaster would work great in The Vortex plot using the terrain and having multiple inversions visible from the main midway that goes in front of The Vortex plot

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Something that out does everything in another park. On my recent rides in Fury it seems KI got the shaft on Orion. It doesn't have to be super tall or super fast but just something down right fun.  I think a good multi launch coaster with strong airtime a d quick inversion with a innovative inversions. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Something that out does everything in another park. On my recent rides in Fury it seems KI got the shaft on Orion. It doesn't have to be super tall or super fast but just something down right fun.  I think a good multi launch coaster with strong airtime a d quick inversion with a innovative inversions. 

Do you feel like Copperhead Strike fits that description?

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love something to bring the intensity that Vortex, FOF, and Mystic Timbers brings in the form of a modern steel coaster.
I think KI could use its first 90*+ drop. But, mostly a coaster with snappier inversions and/ or ejector. Just one ride that proved to be more of a "whoa, what was that" experience for most of the duration. Banshee has 2 moments like that. (always dreamed of what if the zero G roll stay low and fast along the hill downwards instead of the soaring version we have)

But, that's likely not going to be the case for most future additions. Which is perfectly fine! But you asked what I would want :p 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My sister thinks Kings Island should add a couple flat rides in between years that they decide to build a roller coaster. I agree a little and here's why. Yes, we need a new roller coaster to replace Vortex down the road. However, it might not be in the park's budget right now so adding a smaller flat ride the whole family could enjoy would work well. The other part of me that agrees with my sister is, when paramount owned Kings Island there was more charm and excitement in the line-up they already had. Back when we were kids, we didn't care about record breaking rides because the collection Kings Island had was fun for the whole family. I could write an essay on how much I loved Kings Island as a kid to now, but I won't do that on here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...