Italian Job

stephenmayes

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The concept of the coaster looks fun. I wish we could get an exact track layout to see how long it will be. The water feature looks neat but do the cars go through the water or is it something sprayed? I thought the movie was lame and could not believe they based an attraction on it.

Like most of you I would have given my left arm for the Adams Family coaster. A dark roller coaster would have rocked. Could you imagine the t-shirts for the ride?

How many times...

If we would have gotten Addams Family coaster, people would have wanted Italian Job and the opposite

I welcome a new coaster with open arms. I cannot wait. And also, the car will go through a trench and splash water with water jets.

I agree with you Punk. I remember not too long ago that PKI announced Delirium and people were up in arms about not getting a coaster. Now look, its one of the best flats on anyone's list.

Quit griping before you have reason. Once you have ridden it, then make your opinion.

Oh, and I wouldn't give any bodyparts for the Addam's Family ride. I wasn't thrilled with the idea.

I think Paramount King’s Island is making a smart choice with their latest attraction. Italian Job: The Ride (all though I can’t stand movie tie-ins with coasters) will attract a large crowd. Adam’s Family Dive Machine verses Italian Job Launch Coaster, I would have to choose the Premier Rides launch coaster over the B&M Dive Machine, I think PKI is in desperate need of a B&M but I would like to see another kind before the DM. IJ:TR seems more like a family attraction and some of the special effects being used on this ride seem much better then any special effects that could have been used on any Adam’s Family coaster.

" IJ:TR seems more like a family attraction and some of the special effects being used on this ride seem much better then any special effects that could have been used on any Adam’s Family coaster. "

We'll see about those effects. I still think the fire is being placed too close to the trains for comfort, especially for the small kids that are able to ride.

"But how do you know that the effects will be broken in the second year?"

I don't know for a fact, of course. But, looking at TRTR, AE, PT, and anything else themed at PKI, I "know" that some effects will brake fast and not be fixed until much later if at all.

I am thrilled with Kings Island's decision to build Italian Job, I loved the movie and the chase sequence will make for a great ride. The Adams family coaster just looked like a big Ghoster Coaster to me. When was the last time PKI built a steel coaster that isn't inverted? If memory serves me right, yeah 9 Years ago! It's about time, be happy people. We are getting a great ride.

"looking at TRTR, AE, PT, and anything else themed at PKI, I "know" that some effects will brake fast and not be fixed until much later if at all."

I just got back from Paramount Las Vegas Star Treck and it was so run down we did not spend much time their. With the coaster outside I can see it brake and not getting fixed.

Long lines short ride can not wait wacko.gifcowboy.gif

Addams Family wouldnt have been a B&M.....I think HOPE-FULLY we will see it soooon.... biggrin.gif

Then may I ask who would...(or will)...build it?

When I saw the concept for the Addams Family, I immediately thought of the Gerstlauer Eurofighter. It is a small ride, single cars....basically a wild mouse on steroids (which is pretty much what I consider IJ) and features a 97 degree first drop. I dont think a B&M Dive Machine was even a remote possibility for this. I hear the new Gerstlauer rides that opened at Worlds of Fun and Mall of America are quite fun though! Either way PKI went, we were going to end up with a small steel family coaster.

- Todd

I think Delirium_Guy has it right about the Gerstlauer Eurofighters for the Addams Family coaster. You can do so much more with the Eurofighters. Personally, I can't wait for the IJ:ST. Even though it is not going to be very high or fast, I think it will be awesome with the effects.

Lets get something straight tho. I wasn't bashing the ride nor saying bad things about it. I am one who was hoping for a BIG coaster. I Know PKI is a family park, but I wanted something that would give me a boner. Not a glorified and themed small rollar coaster.

I too was leading the push for a B&M, (I mean come one, read my signature). I am just ecstatic to see that PKI is finally getting a coaster. BTW, that coaster boner thing is pretty fu*king sick.

I hate to say it but I wouldn't want The Addams Family as a coaster I see it as the Haunted Mansion at DisneyWorld PKI needs a good LONG dark ride besides this Addams Family ride would go great with fearfest.Other than that I'm looking forward to IJ:ST I just hope goldpass memebers get a day to check it out with out the press buggin us.

Lets get something straight tho. I wasn't bashing the ride nor saying bad things about it. I am one who was hoping for a BIG coaster. I Know PKI is a family park, but I wanted something that would give me a boner. Not a glorified and themed small rollar coaster.

Tiny... stop taking Drew's quotes. It's bad for you. tongue.gif

~S~

Lets get something straight tho. I wasn't bashing the ride nor saying bad things about it. I am one who was hoping for a BIG coaster. I Know PKI is a family park, but I wanted something that would give me a boner. Not a glorified and themed small roller coaster.

You need soemthing like millenium force to get you off laugh.gif

I think that since we Are the "Flagship" park that we could have gotten something better. I would rather see a Inverted coaster or a Floorless rather than some dumb little coaster that is going to go 40 mph and 40ft high.

The ride is going to be very short and will NOT take up a lot of space.

Frakly, Im getting sick of people judging this thing BEFORE THE SUPPORTS ARE IN THE GROUND! People, ease off. Or do this:

Ok, you dont like what PKI got? Then dont ride it. Boycott the ride because you want to whine and cry about not getting your way. Really sounds very mature for an enthusiast. Dont make me start calling you guys Darren.