Holiday World 2021

Holiday World released the following statement on their Facebook page last night:

Earlier this evening, a female Guest returned to the station of The Voyage roller coaster unresponsive. Holiday World EMTs arrived three minutes later and immediately began to render first aid. The Guest was transported via ambulance to Memorial Hospital in Jasper, Indiana. At this point, the Guest’s name has not been released.
A full inspection of the roller coaster has been performed, and it was determined that the ride operated as it was intended to.
The ride remained closed for the evening out of respect for the family.
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari officials ask for your thoughts and prayers for the Guest and her family, as well as for Team Members who were onsite.
  • Sad 4

This is VERY reminiscent of the tragedy that occurred on Raven at Holiday World just prior to the start of “ Stark Raven Mad” in 2003.  Tamar Fellner was a part of that enthusiast event and fell out of the train just prior to the start of the evening  ERT.

From all indications, the female that passed away was an enthusiast attending their “Hollywood Nights” event (which was essentially the re-named SRM event after the park took a few years off after the Raven tragedy.)  Apparently she was found unresponsive just prior to the start of the ERT.

My heart goes out to everyone involved.  I was the newly appointed ACE Regional Rep when the SRM accident happened.  I was at the event when the death occurred. To say it is an awful situation is a complete understatement. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wthr.com/amp/article/news/local/indiana/ohio-woman-unresponsive-holiday-world-roller-coaster-dies/531-c59df18d-1df2-4fe6-be9a-371047a85219

• Like 4

Along with the the passing of the lady last evening. A Holiwood night attendance shared a Snapchat with me of a fight happening in the water park today.

So very sad to see some of our favorite parks dealing with these issues at a time everyone should be celebrating getting back to a somewhat normal summer.

• Like 2

We arrived very early this morning and just left the late night portion. 

A fantastic day as always, albeit very crowded. 

No additional information shared about the tragic fatality beyond the park’s statement and local news coverage. 

It’s always very sobering when a fatality (or even serious injury) occurs at an amusement park, regardless of cause.

I just rode Raven in the back seat a few hours ago. EVERY time I ride and get to that 5th drop, I think about the 2003 fatality. It’s sobering and terrifying. Be smart, and be a protector to your loved ones.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a couple of quick notes for those interested:

The Voyage is running pretty well this season.  One train is running better than the other (not sure which is which as I didn't take notice of the train numbers).  One train is giving rides that are good but a little bumpy.  The other train is giving rides where you can feel like an immediate re-ride is on the table even in the back rows.  It's also not completely braking on the mid-course which is nice.

I have twelve (12) quick access passes I was unable to use on my earlier visits.  One access pass can be used for one ride on any ride at either the dry side or waterpark.  The access passes expire on October 31, 2021 and I don't plan on going back this year.  Please DM me if you're interested in the passes and I'll make arrangements to get them to you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2021 at 11:45 PM, gad198 said:

Just a couple of quick notes for those interested:

The Voyage is running pretty well this season.  One train is running better than the other (not sure which is which as I didn't take notice of the train numbers).  One train is giving rides that are good but a little bumpy.  The other train is giving rides where you can feel like an immediate re-ride is on the table even in the back rows.  It's also not completely braking on the mid-course which is nice.

I have twelve (12) quick access passes I was unable to use on my earlier visits.  One access pass can be used for one ride on any ride at either the dry side or waterpark.  The access passes expire on October 31, 2021 and I don't plan on going back this year.  Please DM me if you're interested in the passes and I'll make arrangements to get them to you.

PM Sent! I could use those!