Cedar Fair’s Legal Chief Leaving After 58% Pandemic Pay Cut

Cedar Fair revealed in an annual proxy statement filed in April that Milkie was paid nearly $730,000 last year, down from the more than $1.7 million in total compensation he received from the company in 2019.

Poor thing. It's a wonder how he got by at all last year.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Just imagine if he was asked to be a ride operator for a day for $20/hour...

At least at KI, it is not uncommon during the lower staffing periods (beginning of season and end of season) to see full-time employees like the PR folks, and even the GM, doing things like working the toll booths, sweeping up litter, and being a ride op!  They all chip in where needed.

46 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

Still a shame for anyone to lose their job; if you were in their position, I doubt you would be fine and dandy. 

He didn't "lose" his job. He quit because he felt that $730,000 wasn't enough money to do the job.

There's a difference.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

Still a shame for anyone to lose their job; if you were in their position, I doubt you would be fine and dandy. 

There’s a lot more people I’d rather give sympathy too than an executive who was earning 700k a year. I seriously doubt this pay cut would have lasted that much longer. I have no doubt that he’ll probably be able to find an extremely way paying job. Can’t say the same for the vast majority of people who lost their jobs this pandemic.

• Like 1

That was total compensation, if I am not mistaken.  I'm sure that included units, bonuses etc.  And you have to remember that he and many other senior managers have specialized degrees, experience and  knowledge.  The last thing the company needs is for this to become a trend.  

Opportunity is everywhere right now for those displaced because of the pandemic.  I am sure Mr. Duffy  will find something as will many who lost jobs during the pandemic.  I heard there are $18-$20 per hour sweeps positions in Ohio, which would be attractive to locals who are looking for employment to shore up finances.  

Edited by BeeastFarmer
confusing wording

23 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

That was total compensation, if I am not mistaken.  I'm sure that included units, bonuses etc.  And you have to remember that he and many other senior managers have specialized degrees, experience and  knowledge.  The last thing the company needs is for this to become a trend.  

Opportunity is everywhere right now.  I am sure he will find something as will many who lost jobs during the pandemic.  I heard there are $18-$20 per hour sweeps positions in Ohio.

And much of that $18-$20 is in the form of a bonus, so he would be familiar with that kind of payment scheme:P

On 6/10/2021 at 10:51 AM, Benjamin22 said:

There’s a lot more people I’d rather give sympathy too than an executive who was earning 700k a year. I seriously doubt this pay cut would have lasted that much longer. I have no doubt that he’ll probably be able to find an extremely way paying job. Can’t say the same for the vast majority of people who lost their jobs this pandemic.

Totally agree. Lots of people are hurting. Just sucks for anyone! I don't lose pity for people just because they are successful :). 

14 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

Totally agree. Lots of people are hurting. Just sucks for anyone! I don't lose pity for people just because they are successful :). 

I’m not going to lose any sleep for an executive quitting his job due to a pay cut (assuming that’s why he quit). I’m sure if he stuck with the company he’d probably end up with an even bigger compensation compared to his 2019 pay. Most of the time executive compensation is related to company performance so it shouldn’t have come as a shock an executive in an industry heavily effected by economic downturns would experience a pay cut.

• Like 3