Six Flags $36Million Lawsuit Settlement

I’m surprised it wasn’t in the disclosure when purchasing a pass, but perhaps that wasn’t enough under Illinois State Law. 

Part of the “problem” on that Saturday was many of the people in that crowd used the same passes. A fingerprint system would have alleviated that problem. 

One would think that by simply purchasing the pass that they would have been informed of this, but then again someone getting a cup of coffee should know that "Caution: Contents are Hot" without the need for the label....

And as usual, who is the typical winner of these class action lawsuits - the attorneys getting a third of that settlement...

Granted the passholders in this instance are getting $200, which is a lot more than I ever got from previous lawsuits like this.  Usually it is like 25 dollars LOL.

But this certainly will have an impact on capital expenditures.  At $200 the passholders will take the money and run.  If the settlement was $25, I think most would rather the lawsuit didn't happen and the park instead put that money into new rides?

I remember when the “fingerprint” was introduced at SFSTL the park literature insisted it was not capturing a “fingerprint” but used some other method but I never really understood how the technology worked and wasn’t that interested in learning about it at the time.  It was kind of a PIA as it didn’t work all that well especially with my kids and their grubby little fingers.  

5 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I remember when the “fingerprint” was introduced at SFSTL the park literature insisted it was not capturing a “fingerprint” but used some other method but I never really understood how the technology worked and wasn’t that interested in learning about it at the time.  It was kind of a PIA as it didn’t work all that well especially with my kids and their grubby little fingers.  

So you all getting a nice big check then LOL.

I received one of the settlement claim forms and it states I could receive up to $60.

On a side note since it always comes up when talk of frivolous lawsuits abound- the McDonald's debacle was about a malfunctioning coffee machine that made the coffee scalding hot giving the woman third degree burns, not that it was simply hot. McDonalds was considered negligent because they didn't fix the coffee maker or properly warn the customer.

• Like 2

I wonder how they're going to decide on who gets settlements and when, if its limited to one payment per group or what, cause if its individual based I could end up with five of the  $200 payouts lol