Red Racer default on slow days?

MaestroJr

Not sure if it’s random, or you’re crazy, or both. :D

I have always been under the assumption that they’re rotated in a manner that doesn’t cause uneven wear on one particular train or set of trains. This would be a great question for someone to ask at Coasterstock. 

Lots of people on these forums have been to the park way more than I have, but in all the past 5-10 years that I can remember I've never seen them open with the blue trains. Not once. My theory on why they run the red trains is that it's more visible to guests. If they put moved the blue trains over to the track that the red trains currently run, I figure they'd run the blue trains first. I have no idea though---just my guess.

I have seen The Racer only run the blue side on some occasions, but I agree that the red side usually runs when only one side is running. When it comes to running both sides, it probably has to do with staffing. Most of the time, both sides are running on weekends, and this is because Kings Island probably has more staff scheduled for Saturday and Sunday. On some slower days, though, I have seen both sides running. Last week, I noticed both sides were running when it was raining and almost every ride was a walk-on.

2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Not sure if it’s random, or you’re crazy, or both. :D

I have always been under the assumption that they’re rotated in a manner that doesn’t cause uneven wear on one particular train or set of trains. This would be a great question for someone to ask at Coasterstock. 

Don was asked this very question at Coasterstock 2019 and your answer is pretty much the one he gave. They keep track of the "miles" run on each side and try to keep it as even as they can.