New FEC coming to Northern Kentucky

This is relatively close to me.  I’m bummed because it was always fun to drop the fact that there is a 2 floor bowling alley near me.  Looks like they’ll keep bowling on the first floor and do some other stuff on the top floor. 

https://www.rcnky.com/articles/2021/06/14/former-erlanger-superbowl-become-strike-spare-family-fun-center?fbclid=IwAR3kqaOz5R7QarVLEhia79KKMrkZc7oh6uhEeRXkXVa5s-Uh9t28MBo5gQA

• Like 1

I'm extremely hopeful they can keep the bowling aspect at the forefront. I used to go more often, but with their league policies and the prices I just couldn't justify going often even though it's a short jaunt. I didn't think the alley was doing too bad, just three weeks ago it was packed with customers wanting to bowl. 

This is close to where my sister lives as well. I've only been in there once but I always thought it was interesting that a two-level bowling alley existed. I actually saw a comment on Facebook saying it was originally a combination skating rink and bowling alley. It will be interesting to see what they do with it though.

32 minutes ago, Oldiesmann said:

This is close to where my sister lives as well. I've only been in there once but I always thought it was interesting that a two-level bowling alley existed. I actually saw a comment on Facebook saying it was originally a combination skating rink and bowling alley. It will be interesting to see what they do with it though.

Not sure if the ice rink thing is true. That’s news to me 

10 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Ok, so, it does look like bowling will be kept upstairs as well @BoddaH1994. Sounds like a cool place! :D

Interesting…

The second floor of the building will feature multiple activities such as bumper cars, a roller skating rink, a virtual roller coaster (with different experiences for different-aged children), a large arcade room, laser tag, and, of course, bowling.

I read that as the upstairs would feature all of those attractions and the whole facility would also include bowling, but assumed the diction was just weak - but you’re right: it technically says that there will still be bowling upstairs. I haven’t been there in a while but as I recall there isn’t much room for such an ambitious project, so I mentally imagined that they were getting rid of all or some of the lanes. It’ll be interesting to see what ultimately happens.

20 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Not sure if the ice rink thing is true. That’s news to me 

Roller skating, not ice skating. Found a couple more sources saying it was called "Roll n Bowl" as well:

https://www.facebook.com/Kingoftvbowling/posts/1464863923686390/

https://www.ballreviews.com/miscellaneous/what's-the-biggest-bowling-center-you've-bowled-ina/msg310500/#msg310500

2 hours ago, Oldiesmann said:

Still news to me. The forum post also claims they the bottom floor was 24/7, which is interesting.  I have a little trouble believing that it wasn’t always bowling on both floors. Since they are nearly clones of each other. Of course I’m sure there have been many renovations between the mid 70’s and now 

• 1 month later...