Thursday 6/17/2021 1st trip since 2019!

KIfan73

So great to get back to the park!  I haven't done a TR for a long time, and this was my 1st visit since Winterfest 2019, so this seemed like a good time to do one.   

This is always such a great feeling!  Lots of cars, but it moved quickly!

IMG_6024.jpeg

I always think it's worth it to walk a little further to get an end parking spot

IMG_6025.jpeg

Wow, it was great to see this view again.

IMG_6028.jpeg

I had no idea how ERT was working, but the girl at the entrance to MT asked to see my gold pass, and I got two quick rides in with virtually no wait.  Works for me.  I think Mystic Timbers is just amazing.  I just can't say it enough.  I know parks need rides like DB and Orion, but, wow, I'd like to see more things like MT.  It is so unbelievably well integrated into it's spot.  It's attractions like this that got me hooked on Kings Island so many years ago.  I think if there was a park named Mystic Timbers, and the only thing in it was this ride, It would still be worth the three hour round trip to visit it.  After exiting from my second ride, I caught Mr. Helbig filming the train.  Very cool!

IMG_6031.jpeg

Every view on this day was fantastic.

IMG_6032.jpeg

Got two quick rides of The Beast with virtually no wait.  So weird not seeing Vortex!

IMG_6035.jpeg

I'm sure this has been discussed on here at length, but I would think the park had plans to quickly put something in this spot before the 2,000 pound monkey wrench was thrown in the middle of everything.

IMG_6036.jpeg

I also think the Antique Autos are amazing.  It is worth repeating many times what a good job they did on these, maybe even better than we deserved.  I think you get possibly some of the best views in the whole park with this ride.  This and MT, to me, have the "original" KI concept vibe to them.  I feel like I'm stepping back in time.  So much attention to detail.

IMG_6038.jpeg

IMG_6039.jpeg

IMG_6040.jpeg

IMG_6047.jpeg

IMG_6058.jpeg

Just some more random great views of the park

IMG_6063.jpeg

IMG_6064.jpeg

IMG_6065.jpeg

IMG_6068.jpeg

IMG_6069.jpeg

Nothing like a coffee break with this view

IMG_6070.jpeg

I was so glad to see the Liberty Bell back.  It wasn't there the last couple times I've visited.  I love this area of the park.

IMG_6072.jpeg

Can't ever not take a moment to appreciate the floral clock, either.

IMG_6074.jpeg

Great views from the Train

IMG_6077.jpeg

I hadn't seen this addition to the front of the Festhaus until this trip.  Looks fantastic!

IMG_6080.jpeg

A few more awesome views from around the park

IMG_6076.jpeg

IMG_6081.jpeg

IMG_6083.jpeg

Thanks for reading, I hope to make it back again very soon!

• Like 8