Ideal Thrill Ride

HabloRM

Well, the "ultimate" thrill ride would be something different for everybody since most people are looking for different elements.

Personally, I think a coaster with a lot of length and several different elements would be the best. Maybe even incorperate themeing that actually adds to the ride experience.

I think a Huss Jump 2 is about as close to an ideal flat ride as you can come!

www.coasters2k.com/downloads

Go here and see an excellent video of Sledgehammer at Paramount's Canada's Wonderland, if you want to see a Jump 2 in action!

For and ideal roller coaster, I think SOB is as close as you can get. I can't imagine a better ride than SOB. cowboy.gif

i think an awesome ride would be a dueling b&m flyer..although pki would never get something like that even if monkeys flew out of my a**...but it would be very easy to put theming too and much like dueling dragons at ioa would have several elements that involved the riders looking like they were going to hit each other...i would want this ride to be at least 4 minutes with intertwining corkscrews and zero g rolls, etc. what would make this ride even better if each station had lims in it and they were facing each other..so when you shot off you were headed straight for the other train but right at the last moment you had straight up into a large half loop and after that the possibilities are limitless

• 4 weeks later...
Go here and see an excellent video of Sledgehammer at Paramount's Canada's Wonderland, if you want to see a Jump 2 in action!

That ride is awesome and would ho great with PKIs HUSS collection. You guys have the Giants, we have 1 giant and a bunch of classics.

my ideal coaster would be raven but longer and faster with even more airtime

maybe longer, but not faster, the speed now, creates the awesome airtime, its orgasmic!

I bet Holiday World could pull off a Huss Delirium, and as they are a family park, this would do great, no inversions... tongue.gif however since it is prototype, there is no telling what problems it may have!

My ideal thrill ride involves Drop Zone and a big ass winch - attached to the top, and at the end of the cable would be a big Cat truck - to pull it down. rolleyes.gif No, actually Drop Zone is cool. And SOB is awesome.

I think a coaster like SOB, but bigger (taller and longer) would be great! biggrin.gif

I like SOB Klockster, but I have to disagree with some of what you said. I think SOB proved that taller and faster does not always equal better. Besides, from what I have heard, SOB is the tallest that you can go with a wooden structure. Not positive about that one though.

And, The Crew, do you have any idea how expensive a four minute dueling flying coasters would cost? It would be astronomical. I wouldn't mind seeing dueling flyers, but the best you could hope for would be a two minute ride.

I too like Son of Beast, and I'm not much for rougher rides. it's probably because I'm short. Forwards Racer on the other hand is a different story.

As for my ultimate thrill ride, I really love Raging Bull. Add in some more air hills, and lose the third hill trim and I'm happy. Also, any kind of B&M Inverted coaster I just love. From the small BTR, to the giant Montu, i can't get enough of the inverts. I really like intense launched coasters too.

But the one thing I really, really want to try out is the Huss Topple Tower. That ride just looks kick a$$!

But the one thing I really, really want to try out is the Huss Topple Tower. That ride just looks kick a$$!

Ummm, Ryan do you want to take care of this for me, and tell everyone why we will never see a Topple Tower at PKI?

Ummm, Ryan do you want to take care of this for me, and tell everyone why we will never see a Topple Tower at PKI?

Sure!

Reason #1 - Huss sucks at experminental things... if we got a topple tower, it would be down as much as Tomb Raider.

Reason #2 - Huss sucks in general at anything that they haven't made a thousand of.

Reason #3 - The ride likely won't be as exciting as it seems to be.

Reason #4 - It looks too much like Drop Zone to be cool.

Reason #5 - We're getting coasters every year until the end of the decade!

For my ideal thrill ride it would be something long with lots of air. And instead of having lap restraints, it would have something that just secured your feet comfortably. Imagine as you go over a bunny hill your ejected from your seat, it feels like your going to fly out of the train but then your feet are caught. It would be the ultimate in extreme. Now I know its not possibly, probably break your legs, but if somehow it was possible it would be sweet. It would feel like you had no restraint and the air time would be unbelievable.

Yeah, I know that won't be happening. I just thought it was funny.

I'm not sure I would ride a 500ft. evevator drop. I hate elevators, much like I hate skyline type rides. It's funny. I don't mind a 300 or 400 foot coaster, but can't stand to ride Drop Zone or Power Tower or sky rides. I like a little air time, but not that much. With the skyline type of rides, I can't stand that hanging feeling. The old Zodiac ride used to scare the crap out ot me.

• 3 weeks later...