Grand Carnivale - July 17 - August 1

Grand Carnivale is just around the corner at Kings Island. Grand Carnivale runs July 17 - August 1 (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun) 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM .

This festival celebrates China, Italy, France, India, Germany even a little bit of New Orleans. The Grand Carivale included food offerings, games, create unique crafts, the Spectacle of Color Parade, and Carnivale Street Party! More details on Kings Island's website here: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/grand-carnivale

20190702_202508.jpg

Here is a look at Grand Carnivale in 2019.

Floats are starting to show up at Kings Island for the 2021 season celebration. 

Photo_1624460307073.jpg

Photo_1624460306489.jpg

Photo_1624460304351.jpg

Photo_1624460305001.jpg

Photo_1624460305641.jpg

Which part of the celebration are you looking forward to the most?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Winterfest takes the cake for my favorite time to be at Kings Island, but I love when the park gets decked out for special events!

Winterfest is up there for me too. That might be “the most wonderful time of year” if you ask me again tomorrow. :D

• Haha 1

On 7/5/2021 at 1:30 AM, FUN&ONLY! said:

Winterfest takes the cake for my favorite time to be at Kings Island, but I love when the park gets decked out for special events!

Sane my e here. Plus I love there is 5 hours of night tine park. And no blazing heat. 

• Like 1

Looks great, just surprised they are using red bulbs in some of the gold garlands since carnival colors are traditionally purple, green, and gold (unless it’s a supply chain issue where they could not obtain the purple and green bulbs to use this year).  Red bulbs just seems more of a Winterfest color.

One of the very few official things about Carnival is the colors — purple, green and gold. Rex introduced them in 1872 in advance of his first parade.

51 minutes ago, Winterfestguy said:

Looks great, just surprised they are using red bulbs in some of the gold garlands since carnival colors are traditionally purple, green, and gold (unless it’s a supply chain issue where they could not obtain the purple and green bulbs to use this year).  Red bulbs just seems more of a Winterfest color.

One of the very few official things about Carnival is the colors — purple, green and gold. Rex introduced them in 1872 in advance of his first parade.

The red and gold bulbs in the above photos are in Oktoberfest (Germany). 
image.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

The red and gold bulbs in the above photos are in Oktoberfest (Germany). 
image.jpeg

Yep. So if you see other colors, that’s why. 

By the way, the show looks great this year. They were doing a live rehearsal while I was there. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Caption what the bird is thinking: (be nice/respectful)

PXL_20210725_005545681.MP_.jpg

I will go first. 

They have been giving those beads out to everyone, but have not offered me one yet.

"I'm so glad that people are dancing to my song at Kings Island every day now!"

• Haha 2