Repetitive music in park

cyuluvme

This is only my second post I’ve ever typed on here. It’s kind of a vent so I hope to not annoy anyone. As a matter of fact I’m hoping for the opposite. I’m wondering if anyone is interested helping in starting a petition or consider sending emails/messages to management at KI. It may seem silly but it’s in regards to the country music that if you are at the park all day you literally hear the same songs repeated 5-6 times. I’ve even talked about it with employees and they are sick of it as well.  It’s played over in the waterpark too. One employee told me that they are playing what they are playing because it’s “calming”.....most likely influenced after the two crazy incidents at the park already this year.  I understand that they think they are helping but I don’t see how. If you are waiting in several long lines throughout the day the least of anything you want to hear is the same songs over and over or while chilling out in a chair in the waterpark. I feel for the employees who have to hear it every single day. Granted it doesn’t help that I’m not a country music fan Lol. We were just at CP last Sunday and Monday and frankly the music was great. It covered a variety of genres and years which caters to everyone. I may have only heard some of the same songs repeated twice.  Anyway, I know my husband and I can’t be the only ones who feel the way we do. Just throwing it out there and see where it goes. We all want to have a great time during our visits. 

• Like 5

Exact same sentiments. I can handle a country song or two but that is the limit after which I am not a happy camper.  Not calming in the slightest. Completely agree on the mix at CP right now, varied and not mega pop hits but quality deeper tracks. 

Typically we alternate our weekly trips between CP and KI but if they keep this twangy noise up we will spend the vast majority of our time at CP.  No collection of coasters is worth putting up with such a divisive music genre all day. I hope this is temporary, if not I am sure they won’t miss me.  

• Like 1

I was hoping it was a fluke and they would fix it, but it has not happened yet. There has to be more than 5 or 6 calming songs. I would go to guest services and/or send an email to them to voice your concerns. Hopefully they will get a bigger playlist soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IK that those who work in Snoopy (like me) asked for more songs added to the playlist which was the same playlist used in PS last year. As of a few days ago they added a bunch more songs to the playlist. Even though they are still KIDZBOP versions (I'm not a big fan of kidzbop) it's nice to have more songs. I definitely will try and pass along that we need a larger and better playlist for the main park and SC. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, NightlyBeast said:

I've messaged the park twice about it already.. if you cant come up with anything then REALLY BAD COVERS... just play theme park music.. PLEASE

I really enjoy the Rivertown covers.  The International Street covers of pop music, though...not a fan.  But it is much better than the actual pop music that played on IS.  I loved KD's polka, french/spanish/italian mix intertwined with classical and movie songs.  (I have submitted a message to KI about the music).

• Like 6

Sorry about responding to your post twice King Ding Dong. Not used to editing on here. 

For everyone else, the country playing I’m referring to would be after you’ve left the Festhaus and walked to Coney Mall area. But the covers in Rivertown are quite silly imo and I could so do without hearing those as well. 

• Like 1

I don't spend much time in Planet Snoopy, but on my walks thru there, I found it concerning that songs with adult themes (like Lizzo's DNA test) have been kiddified.  It makes me glad I don't have a young child anymore that would be exposed to it while riding children's rides.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Snowball said:

RCT soundtrack :P

Hey I'd be fine Rock Style 2! ;)

More seriously though, while I would say my musical preferences generally are pretty niche and generally "un-mainstream", I just wish there was at least something more in the Coney playlist that is at least somewhere in the vicinity of "rock"-ish music. Yes, I know pop has to be the main component of it all, considering that it's...well... pop (short for popular), but I don't think I'm the only who wouldn't mind some more variety.

And for the record, no I'm not suggesting 80s Metallica or A Day to Remember deep cuts (lol). Obviously, something like that that would be overkill for most people, but I really don't think some Yellowcard or Good Charlotte thrown into the mix would be too heavy, or, dare I say "edgy", for the common ear.

Or maybe it would...

I don't know.

Sometimes I'm taken aback at how averse some are to even the slightest presence of electric guitar distortion, hard-hit drums, and faster tempo. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The music throughout the park is absolutely horrible.    They must be trying to save ASCAP fees or something.

The only place that has a great track is Area72.

The Kids Bop in Snoopyland -  like mentioned above. some lyrics are appropriate.
Pop music/country style in Rivertown - HORRID
The same 10 song pop country loop playing throughout Coney, Oktoberfest and Action Zone is absolutely ridiculous.  It is out of theme, and the music is AWFUL
Pop music/instrumental in International Street - right type of music (instrumental) but wrong songs (pop)!   This is at least tolerable.

Plus the AWFUL songs in before & after the Royal Finale this year.

Did I mention how much i hate the pop country in HALF the park?!

I would rather have silence than most of this garbage.  

• Like 5

While I try not be too negative when it comes to this aspect as I would admit that it really does not have that much an impact on my experience at the park, I can't help but to agree with a lot of what was said above.

Especially this...

On 6/28/2021 at 8:23 PM, super7 said:

Pop music/country style in Rivertown - HORRID

I definitely could see what they were thinking when this was first put onto the RT soundtrack. Seemed like a nice novelty at first. But yeah, I would say any appeal that this music ever had (if any) in that area of the park has definitely worn off at this point. Would like to hear something different...

My question is, why does everything have to be a cover?

If one is seriously inclined to want to know what a Bluegrass version of Kanye's Heartless sounds like (super cringe), or some violin pop cover, then you can find most of that stuff on YouTube.

Generally speaking, covers rarely interest me. Or at least, let's just say that the covers that actually perform an already existing song so well that it almost seems like a completely new creation (and thus, actually worth listening to) are few and far between...

Some originally composed, instrumental music in both Rivertown and on International Street would be a phenomenal touch IMO.

2 hours ago, super7 said:

Coney had a classic pop soundtrack this week.  Still the miserable out of theme country music in Oktoberfest.   But a slight improvement 

They had classic rock last week. Where did you hear the country in oktoberfest exactly? They only still had it in front of hanks and the freestyle stand week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snowball said:

They had classic rock last week. Where did you hear the country in oktoberfest exactly? They only still had it in front of hanks and the freestyle stand week.

That’s where I heard it.  I consider that part of Oktoberfest as it was in the original park.  

• Like 1

I believe Soak City has a three song country rotation.  It makes me want to put an ice pick in my ear hole. 
“a little bit of chicken fried. Cold beer on a Friday night. “
“life is a highway I want to ride it all night long. “

I don’t remember the third now. But you get my idea. More music of any type would be welcomed. 

• Like 2

I thought of the third. “Chillin in a dirt road listening to George jones.”

or whatever. I swear it’s just those three. 

Today at the park I was at the Coney BBQ. And was super psyched about the 80s rock they were playing. Until I realized it was also a three or four song loop. I think I heard Journey sing don’t stop believing 3 times while eating. 

I thought of the third. “Chillin in a dirt road listening to George jones.”
or whatever. I swear it’s just those three. 

Today at the park I was at the Coney BBQ. And was super psyched about the 80s rock they were playing. Until I realized it was also a three or four song loop. I think I heard Journey sing don’t stop believing 3 times while eating. 
id take a single 80s pop song on loop over country tbh

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I ate at the Brewhouse around 1130 yesterday (Sunday) and was shocked at the songs played there during my brief time:

Hard core rap:  lyrics containing about every foul, explicit word I have ever heard. Talk of prostitution, cutting, bloodshed and territory.

Explicit metal:  see above.

Normal song:  Material Girl by Madonna.

Thankfully I did not see any children.  I don't know if the music choice is left up to the individuals in the eatery, but if so, that freedom needs to be taken away.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Benjamin22 said:

I assume that the limited music selection is just due to the park cutting costs on music licensing? Could this also be the reason there is no more music being played in the shed?

Not so sure ASCAP/BMI give volume discounts but will ask some people that should know.  Playing a 100 different songs in 10 hours should be no different than playing WAP 100 times in 10 hours.  

If that is the case however how about just shutting the noise off and saving ALL the money?

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I ate at the Brewhouse around 1130 yesterday (Sunday) and was shocked at the songs played there during my brief time:

Hard core rap:  lyrics containing about every foul, explicit word I have ever heard. Talk of prostitution, cutting, bloodshed and territory.

Explicit metal:  see above.

Normal song:  Material Girl by Madonna.

Thankfully I did not see any children.  I don't know if the music choice is left up to the individuals in the eatery, but if so, that freedom needs to be taken away.

Yikes.  That's one way to make me prefer the time I was at Harmony Hall at Carowinds where they were playing Kidz Bop on FunTV over by the bar.  I thought that was bad but yours is worse.  Who thought that was appropriate?  *facepalm*

2 hours ago, Benjamin22 said:

I assume that the limited music selection is just due to the park cutting costs on music licensing? Could this also be the reason there is no more music being played in the shed?

Apparently that is “broken,” along with the plaza music, the music in Orion’s station, and the speakers above the Orion lockers.

I’m not really sure what the issue is this year with the park’s music. Between broken soundtracks and extremely short, awful music loops (which has somewhat been rectified), music has definitely been a struggle spot for the park this year.