Jump to content

Were both trains on The Racer once red?


Vortex_fan
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I've seen the partridge family episode where both racers are blue and red. But then you see the one with the Brady Bunch, Both Trains are red. Then in banana splits the trains are also both red. So, What exactly happened? I am asking you guys because perhaps you could know the reason. I wasn't' alive then so I wouldn't know. Hopefully one or more of youimage.png do! Behind The Thrills | Marsha! Marsha! Marsha! Brady Bunch reuniting at Kings  Island! Amusement Parks, Guides, News

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nope. They switched to alternating train colors in or around 1973. They switched it back to red side / blue side. In 2008 when they got rid of the backwards side. 
 

Likely both trains being red was an artistic decision by the director. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Nope. They switched to alternating train colors in or around 1973. They switched it back to red side / blue side. In 2008 when they got rid of the backwards side. 

I may be mistaken, but I believe both sides had a red and a blue train from the ride's opening in 1972 through 2007. It wasn't until 2008, when the backwards Racer was retired, that they finally made each side only one color.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Each side had a Blue and Red train from The Racer's opening in 1972 through the 2007 season. I made the suggestion to have one side Blue and the other side Red prior to 2008. 

Depending on how long it took to dispatch a train, there were multiple times every day the ride operated from 1972-2007 when it was Blue versus Blue, Red versus Red. 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DonHelbig said:

Each side had a Blue and Red train from The Racer's opening in 1972 through the 2007 season. I made the suggestion to have one side Blue and the other side Red prior to 2008. 

Depending on how long it took to dispatch a train, there were multiple times every day the ride operated from 1972-2007 when it was Blue versus Blue, Red versus Red. 

Okay, well that answers it. I thought for some reason they were red v blue for the first year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DonHelbig said:

Each side had a Blue and Red train from The Racer's opening in 1972 through the 2007 season. I made the suggestion to have one side Blue and the other side Red prior to 2008. 

I'm curious, did they have labels for each side prior to the first reversal? Like, it was forwards versus backwards, and now it's red versus blue. Were there any signs that called them, say, north versus south or something? Or was it just Racer, and it just had two unnamed sides?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

I'm curious, did they have labels for each side prior to the first reversal? Like, it was forwards versus backwards, and now it's red versus blue. Were there any signs that called them, say, north versus south or something? Or was it just Racer, and it just had two unnamed sides?

The cars were labelled N or S (North, South) depending on the side they operated on. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@DonHelbig I was the at park yesterday and just want to acknowledge all the great work put into The Racer.

The re-tracking makes a big difference in ride comfort. I love the old style graphics on the front of the trains and the simple RACER sign on the facade. Great work!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...