Arguments for a Gerstlauer

SonofBaconator

They make good stuff. 

Even going back to Mystery Mine, which I think is terribly underrated. 

Fun fact: in leu of Italian Job Stunt Track, KI floated the idea of a ride system similar to MM with the vertical lift hill in the clock tower. 

Buy y’all would know that already if you read @KIghostguy’s book. But I digress. :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The restraint choice is EVERYTHING with Gerstlauer. If its the very comfortable lap bar from Monster or HangTime, sign me up. If its the horrid over the shoulder units like on Shellraiser, it would be a big letdown. Front row Shellraiser beats the hell out of you. The lighting package would be awesome in the right space at any park. HangTime's blew me away. I think of something like that being a great idea for that beach plot at CP to eventually replace Wicked Twister and the former Oceana plot. 

I'll start with a reason that 99% of enthusiast wouldn't even consider.... 

48" height requirement.  Think of it from a business standpoint and from anyone in between the height of 48"-52".

Variety: It would look and feel different than any other ride at KI. 

Cost less than a B&M of the same size.

Beauty: Most of the Gerstlauer coasters are absolutely beautiful, even without the awesome light package. And that's a showcase location for a coaster.

Reliability & Safety: They may not be quite on par with B&M in this department, but they are still very good.  And I know CF is pretty happy with Hangtime.

Maneuverability:  The tighter tolerances (radius) could really make it easy to take advantage of that topography. 

My Preferred Ride Type: Infinity: Multi-launch

As much as I would love to see a Floorless or Wing coaster from B&M in that spot, a large scale coaster from Gerstlauer would get me even more exited.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Hangtime looked like a great fit for Knott's. Plus the lighting package that comes on these coasters are stunning. Imagine an infinity coaster with that lighting package in The Vortex plot at night with WindSeeker and Shake, Rattle, and Roll and their lighting packages. 

I disagree.  A lighting package that commanding would be terrible for the plot where Vortex was.  This coaster will need subtle lighting so as not to ruin the mysteries that are lurking in the woods of Rivertown.

If we ever get a replacement for Invertigo and Timberwolf, a Gerstlauer with a commanding lighting package would be perfect in this area.  

But, these things are subjective and this is my opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

To be honest, it’s possible that the 2022 Gerstlauer will be KI’s. I know they haven’t started any teasing but there has been some construction going on. Just a thought.

And where exactly is there construction at the park? I work at the highest point in the park (the tower) and am up there like every day and there has been zero construction. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

And where exactly is there construction at the park? I work at the highest point in the park (the tower) and am up there like every day and there has been zero construction. 

The construction that was speculated to be a new entrance or new gas lines or something like that. Plus I saw this video where someone is seeing these markers that were used for Orion in another area of the park.

Edit: Here is the video/post

https://m.facebook.com/coasternation/posts/ki-update-more-markers-are-in-place-near-the-front-of-kingsisland-we-will-contin/3524710160897193/

13 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

The construction that was speculated to be a new entrance or new gas lines or something like that. Plus I saw this video where someone is seeing these markers that were used for Orion in another area of the park.

Edit: Here is the video/post

https://m.facebook.com/coasternation/posts/ki-update-more-markers-are-in-place-near-the-front-of-kingsisland-we-will-contin/3524710160897193/

Yeah and there has really been nothing done to the area. Markers can mean more than a new coaster. Also, like said in the past, take any Coaster Nation article talking about construction at the park with a grain of salt unless there is clear land clearing going on like what we saw in 2008, 2013, 2016, and 2019. It'd be noticeable and there would be a decoding thread up by now. 

12 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Yeah and there has really been nothing done to the area. Markers can mean more than a new coaster. Also, like said in the past, take any Coaster Nation article talking about construction at the park with a grain of salt unless there is clear land clearing going on like what we saw in 2008, 2013, 2016, and 2019. It'd be noticeable and there would be a decoding thread up by now. 

I know it means more than a new coaster, I’m just saying Kings Island is a big enough park to get a large scale gerstlauer. I doubt we will get the 2022 gerstlauer, it’s just a very minor possibility. I could see this being a gas line replacement over a new coaster lol

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

However, there HAS been work done at Timberwolf over the last few weeks. Considering the facility is extremely overrun with grass, bushes, and shrubs along with a some activity observed in the area nearby dating back to last summer, what makes you think they are keeping Timberwolf, when there’s no certainty if there will be a Spirit Song next year?

11 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

However, there HAS been work done at Timberwolf over the last few weeks. Considering the facility is extremely overrun with grass, bushes, and shrubs along with a some activity observed in the area nearby dating back to last summer, what makes you think they are keeping Timberwolf, when there’s no certainty if there will be a Spirit Song next year?

Here we go again.  Maybe they will, maybe they won't.  But removing some trees off a berm does not equate to land clearing. Try...just TRY to not be overdramatic...please!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Here we go again.  Maybe they will, maybe they won't.  But removing some trees off a berm does not equate to land clearing. Try...just TRY to not be overdramatic...please!

I’m not being overdramatic. I observed, made a rational hypothesis, and posted it.

1 hour ago, gforce1994 said:

I’m not being overdramatic. I observed, made a rational hypothesis, and posted it.

Calling the removal of some trees inside Timberwolf  "land clearing" is being overdramatic.  You want clicks on the website you prognosticate for.  I guess it could be correct, but if that is the case, when I pull a weed from my garden, I have also been doing some land clearing.

15 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

. Considering the facility is extremely overrun with grass, bushes, and shrubs along with a some activity observed in the area nearby dating back to last summer, what makes you think they are keeping Timberwolf,

"extremely overgrown" is overdramatic.  The facility sees limited use.  So, after about 15 months of non use, of course vegetative growth is going to be excessive.  So would it be on Internationall Street, Coney Mall, Rivertown, Kings Mills Auto Mall or your residence.  The flags and paint from last year are a moot point until further information comes forward.  

Maybe they will demolish this section of the park, maybe they won't.  Only time will tell.  Your hypothesis may or may not be correct, but you act like yours is the only thing that can happen.  Be reasonable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Calling the removal of some trees inside Timberwolf  "land clearing" is being overdramatic.  You want clicks on the website you prognosticate for.  I guess it could be correct, but if that is the case, when I pull a weed from my garden, I have also been doing some land clearing.

"extremely overgrown" is overdramatic.  The facility sees limited use.  So, after about 15 months of non use, of course vegetative growth is going to be excessive.  So would it be on Internationall Street, Coney Mall, Rivertown, Kings Mills Auto Mall or your residence.  The flags and paint from last year are a moot point until further information comes forward.  

Maybe they will demolish this section of the park, maybe they won't.  Only time will tell.  Your hypothesis may or may not be correct, but you act like yours is the only thing that can happen.  Be reasonable.

There have been markers seen around Timberwolf since the middle of last year, the berms on the side have been removed, and the organizers of Spirit Song have laid off a good portion of their staff. The writing is on the wall for Timberwolf.

49 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

There have been markers seen around Timberwolf since the middle of last year, the berms on the side have been removed, and the organizers of Spirit Song have laid off a good portion of their staff. The writing is on the wall for Timberwolf.

I think the point others are trying to make is; you see markers, some brush cut down, and some holes in the ground and jump to it's a new coaster. There is no entertaining any other ideas being a possibility.

Then you go and write an article representing said work as a coaster coming as fact. People start sharing the misleading information thinking it is coming true. Next the news starts calling the park, looking on KIC and contacting admins to see what is actually going on.

Then the park and KIC are forced to do damage control. There is a reason why KIC has a general discussion forum, a rumors forum, and a newsroom forum. Until we know something as fact from the park, I will never put an article out that is not true or misleading  in the newsroom section of the forums. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Honestly, something like Hangtime would be perfect for the park. I think people get caught up with the biggest, baddest coasters and forget that there are some really great supporting class designs out there. I would even be happy with just a simple clone of Hangtime, different theme of course, plopped down virtually anywhere. It fills a serious void that the park has: a modern quality steel support coaster. 

People get too caught up with Mystery Mine and other earlier models while forgetting about the really good work they've done over the past couple of years. 

As for the above marker conversation, that whole situation add some other bits have a lesson for newer enthusiasts out there: never trust anything on the internet till the park makes an announcement. 

The Dippin' Dots guy would be proud <3

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I think the point others are trying to make is; you see markers, some brush cut down, and some holes in the ground and jump to it's a new coaster. There is no entertaining any other ideas being a possibility.

Then you go and write an article representing said work as a coaster coming as fact. People start sharing the misleading information thinking it is coming true. Next the news starts calling the park, looking on KIC and contacting admins to see what is actually going on.

Then the park and KIC are forced to do damage control. There is a reason why KIC has a general discussion forum, a rumors forum, and a newsroom forum. Until we know something as fact from the park, I will never put an article out that is not true or misleading  in the newsroom section of the forums. 

I did not write an article saying a coaster was coming. The wing coaster concept was to visually show off the size of the site that the park was working with, from Timberwolf to the front gate.

39 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

I did not write an article saying a coaster was coming. The wing coaster concept was to visually show off the size of the site that the park was working with, from Timberwolf to the front gate.

I thought I laid out the issues from start to finish to be easily understood. I tried very hard and I am sorry I failed yet again. We are moving on from this. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

I would love to see a large immersive dark ride for the Timberwolf site. 

I would love to see a large immersive dark ride for Kings Island’s 50th anniversary. I think there is a very good chance we get a new ride for next year like Cedar Point and Knott’s Berry Farm did for their anniversaries, but I don’t think it would be a coaster or anything major like that. A new immersive dark ride might be pushing it, but Cedar Point really went all out with Snake River Expedition.

• Like 2