Is a new attraction coming?

gforce1994

In a recent video to KI’s YT channel, the park did a quick feature on its head of Maintenance and Construction. During the video, blueprints are shown in the video. The video show blueprints that are blurred out, except for a small section that shows a truss structure similar to what is seen in stations. Is the park planning a new ride?73374042-3980-45DD-B404-674D667BADDA.jpeg92716595-23A3-498B-BBE4-07248485F57B.jpeg

The park has used similar teases to promote a new ride. A tweet in 2016 featured the turnaround for MT with a Starbucks cup nearby.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

In a recent video to KI’s YT channel, the park did a quick feature on its head of Maintenance and Construction. During the video, blueprints are shown in the video. The video show blueprints that are blurred out, except for a small section that shows a truss structure similar to what is seen in stations. Is the park planning a new ride?73374042-3980-45DD-B404-674D667BADDA.jpeg92716595-23A3-498B-BBE4-07248485F57B.jpeg

The park has used similar teases to promote a new ride. A tweet in 2016 featured the turnaround for MT with a Starbucks cup nearby.

I think the blueprints are notable, but I don’t think we can draw any conclusions as to what they are for. The truss structure could be for the roof of any building for all we know. I honestly hope these blueprints are for a front gate renovation.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I think the blueprints are notable, but I don’t think we can draw any conclusions as to what they are for. The truss structure could be for the roof of any building for all we know. I honestly hope these blueprints are for a front gate renovation.

True, however, the roof truss structure doesn’t represent any roof we have in the park currently.

Maybe!
As we await the time for KI to get a truly adequate replacement for Vortex, I'd think it'd be a good time to get a new ride in the waterpark?
Then again, we don't have much competition in the water park area for Cincinnati anymore with The Beach and Coney Island being absent now in that department.

I still think I fall under the camp of these blueprints just being something they had on hand that is probably already complete and they are blurring them just because not necessarily because they are trying to hide anything.

Very few companies if any walk around throwing blueprints around like free candy.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

I still think I fall under the camp of these blueprints just being something they had on hand that is probably already complete and they are blurring them just because not necessarily because they are trying to hide anything.

Very few companies if any walk around throwing blueprints around like free candy.

Except for the fact that Orion’s blueprints are in the queue of the ride. I don’t think the park really cares that much about old blueprints given the fact that they’re public record. I’d be willing to bet money that the blueprints showed in the video are for a new addition or attraction. 

2 hours ago, Benjamin22 said:

Except for the fact that Orion’s blueprints are in the queue of the ride. I don’t think the park really cares that much about old blueprints given the fact that they’re public record. I’d be willing to bet money that the blueprints showed in the video are for a new addition or attraction. 

I think the blueprints are for something new, but it could be anything from a restaurant to a new ride. I don’t think the blueprints are for anything major like a rollercoaster, but I do think they could be for something new. I really hope Kings Island does a big 50th anniversary announcement like Cedar Point did, and if so, I can’t wait for that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Benjamin22 said:

They are in the queue correct. But they are also meant to be there. They can make copies, add or remove anything they want. The blueprints in the video were likely something they just grabbed that they had on hand. There's a difference between something you put on display vs something you use as a prop.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 1:16 PM, MrSourNinja said:

I think they blurred them out to mess with the online communities. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, fyrfyter said:

f9723fd1f5b64c88c7fa8d03251f5467.jpg

The clip at the top of the blueprint reminds me of this roof shape. It’s called a “Monitor” style roof. It’s not uncommon for any variety of buildings, not just barns.

So is your assessment the prints were for a storage shed?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fyrfyter said:

The clip at the top of the blueprint reminds me of this roof shape. It’s called a “Monitor” style roof. It’s not uncommon for any variety of buildings, not just barns.

I doubt this would be for a new ride, but a structure like this would look cool as a picnic pavilion or an eating area within the park.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 5:15 PM, fyrfyter said:

That’s a structural model of the original St. Peter’s.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KIBeast said:

So, we are narrowed down to these options:

Gigashed

Gigastorage

Gigafreestyle

:blink::lol:

Hey, as long as you can measure 300 ft vertical, horizontal, or diagonal the giga status applies. 

Either way, my money is on a new shed or storage building over a coaster right now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Hey, as long as you can measure 300 ft vertical, horizontal, or diagonal the giga status applies. 

Either way, my money is on a new shed or storage building over a coaster right now.

So we have seen CF build a walkway over a coaster (Fury); Water Feature over a coaster (Yukon Striker); coaster into a shed (Mystic Timbers)....

So do we set a new record for the first storage building over a coaster or has that been done before :P

• Like 4

On 7/13/2021 at 5:49 PM, gforce1994 said:

It's for our new B&M Surf Coaster.  It's the station house for the new King Cobra located on The Vortex land.

/s

Edited by BruceWayneWins
because my comment's sarcasm may not be obvious to everyone
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

It’s not. It’s literally barn plans I found online.

A finished building in this style would be Duluth Trading in West Chester.
df831e5b3a10321613b8546900262db0.jpg

So I guess we are getting the best emporium ever…
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, fyrfyter said:

I was making a joke since that diagram was extremely similar (almost identical) to a diagram of the original structure of St. Peter’s in my art history course that I took in college.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, fyrfyter said:

It also looks somewhat like Carowinds' Harmony Hall as well.  I do think a Harmony Hall style dining location where the current Peanuts Meet and Greet / former Petting Zoo is would be a great location for an indoor dining area on that side of the park.  Especially with a lot of the rides in Planet Snoopy being open during Winterfest it makes sense as all of the dining locations in Planet Snoopy are outdoor locations.  It would also give them another indoor show venue for Winterfest.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

It also looks somewhat like Carowinds' Harmony Hall as well.  I do think a Harmony Hall style dining location where the current Peanuts Meet and Greet / former Petting Zoo is would be a great location for an indoor dining area on that side of the park.  Especially with a lot of the rides in Planet Snoopy being open during Winterfest it makes sense as all of the dining locations in Planet Snoopy are outdoor locations.  It would also give them another indoor show venue for Winterfest.

I like that idea!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1