Is a new attraction coming?

gforce1994

2 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

Kinda feels like no new major attractions next year as we haven’t had a single teaser yet. Kinda disappointing. Would love to get a flat or some water park improvements. 

Tbf weren’t the antique cars teased just a few days before the announcement? 

3 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

Kinda feels like no new major attractions next year as we haven’t had a single teaser yet. Kinda disappointing. Would love to get a flat or some water park improvements. 

I am just happy Cedar Fair has not gone bankrupt with COVID, is able to operate the parks and has not turned into a Six park. 

• Like 3

Typically flats don't really get teased until a day or so out.  I figure we will get a better idea on if the chain is adding much in general on 8/4 when they do their earnings report.

If KI were to start teasing something I would think it will be in the next couple weeks as passes usually go on sale around mid August.  

14 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I am just happy Cedar Fair has not gone bankrupt with COVID, is able to operate the parks and has not turned into a Six park. 

Not yet at least, but there is still time.  It is a little concerning that the financial performance snapshot wasn't released after July 4th this year.  I guess we will find out how bad the quarter was on Wednesday.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4439293-cedar-fair-facing-higher-costs-higher-debt-and-lower-attendance

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So i don’t know all of the info about this, but i saw my friends mug today at my high school and questioned it because of the logo on it. She said her dad is a maintenance person at Kings Island and how it’s a new ride and project. I have no clue if she is correct or not, but she did mention how 2 years ago when i would talk about Project X , she would laugh to herself because her father new all of the details and information about the ride already. Once again i don’t know if all of this is true or not but the logo on the cup has the words “project soul” and the Cedar Fair logo behind it. I don’t think anyone has seen any signs of construction, or if they are just now getting into the design and everything, but there are many possibilities.

5A24E641-FF10-45EB-8F9D-0CC270D81F28.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, CK29304 said:

So i don’t know all of the info about this, but i saw my friends mug today at my high school and questioned it because of the logo on it. She said her dad is a maintenance person at Kings Island and how it’s a new ride and project. I have no clue if she is correct or not, but she did mention how 2 years ago when i would talk about Project X , she would laugh to herself because her father new all of the details and information about the ride already. Once again i don’t know if all of this is true or not but the logo on the cup has the words “project soul” and the Cedar Fair logo behind it. I don’t think anyone has seen any signs of construction, or if they are just now getting into the design and everything, but there are many possibilities.

double post *** she also said she got the mug a couple weeks ago, so very recently 

This could definitely mean something, but as for what Project Soul is or when it is coming, I have no clue. Also, I assume there are projects going on (or in the planning phases) all the time that nobody outside of Cedar Fair knows about. This is pretty interesting though. As for why the name “soul” was used, I am very curious. Project X kind of made sense with X-Base, but I have no clue what Project Soul is supposed to mean or hint at.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I know nothing, but: "Project Soul" sounds a lot to me like the name of a project whose goal is to restore character to an amusement park whose previous owners lost sight of the original vision. It'd sure align well with a 50th anniversary celebration and a bunch of rides getting repainted.

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

I know nothing, but: "Project Soul" sounds a lot to me like the name of a project whose goal is to restore character to an amusement park whose previous owners lost sight of the original vision. It'd sure align well with a 50th anniversary celebration and a bunch of rides getting repainted.

This was my first thought too, that it's more related to general refurbishment of the park as a whole for the 50th (and beyond) to revitalize the soul of the park. But it could be for anything else, we won't really know until clues and details of the next attraction come out.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

I was thinking something along those lines too relating to park improvements. However, the person did say his friend said it was a project for a new ride, but who knows. It could be a project full of internal upgrades and other park improvements which includes a new ride or attraction.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I was thinking something along those lines too relating to park improvements. However, the person did say her friend said it was a project for a new ride, but who knows. It could be a project full of internal upgrades and other park improvements which includes a new ride or attraction.

Im a male by the way haha, but yes my friend said that it is going to be a new ride. I don't believe it 100% though. I don't think her dad has that high up of a position in the park to know if a new attraction is in the making or not yet. 

• Like 2

In conjunction with Snake River Expedition at Cedar Point last year I remember a remember a Cedar Fair executive talking about how they wanted unique rides and experiences at other parks in the chain.  Basically they talked about how the ride was obviously custom for Cedar Point and they wanted other parks to get their own unique experiences which would also play into the history of the individual park.

That the mug has the Cedar Fair logo and not the parks logo screams chain wide initiative and not something occurring at just Kings Island.  My guess is making each park its own unique experience, and trying to not just duplicate each other.  In short making each park have its own soul.

I am just guessing here based on what I have heard in the last year.  If I am correct I could definitely see Kings Island getting a new ride out of this.  I have my doubts about it happening this year.  But I also remember Jason McClure being asked about a ride for the 150th back in 2019 and his response was basically of course the park is getting a ride.  It was supposed to be Snake River Expedition.

Kings Island getting something smaller, and possibly unique tied into the history of the park somehow, feels appropriate and could be done quickly without months of clearing and work, so 2022 could be possible still depending on what the park would be receiving.

I could also be trying to tie completely separate items together and making assumptions based on frankly almost nothing.  This could be tied to one of the other projects, adding more seasonal events, or new and upgraded dining.  I might be forgetting something as well.  I just doubt this is targeted specifically at Kings Island.

• Like 3

There’s a lot of work going on for 2022 in the ways of general park improvements and special events involving the 50th Anniversary. I’d highly doubt we’re getting anything new attraction wise this year. With that said, I wouldn’t be at all shocked to see the culmination of the anniversary celebration be an announcement of sorts involving some kind of unique attraction for 2023.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CK29304 said:

A quick search revealed this tweet from a Corporate Account Executive at Canada's Wonderland.

https://mobile.twitter.com/michzimzim/status/1468233505125683209

So nice to walk into work and receive a Cedar Fair Entertainment Company coffee mug and cookie on a chilly Tuesday morning. Thank you #hr #Projectsoul #lovemyjob #corporateevents #work

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As far as I know, I think it was just the KI 5 band.  Not quite the same thing.  The energy that having a roving band brings in the summer season is wonderful.  That is one of the things that I love about Winterfest, is the amount of roving live entertainment.  It creates memories worth repeating.  Wait, that is the motto from a different chain. ;).

• Like 2

This is just a possibility:

Many large corporations like to use an internal tag line that focuses on a specific direction they want to go over a certain period of time. 

The absence of a specific park & only the CF logo on the mug was something I quickly noticed.

"Project Soul" could easily be that line given for a direction CF wants to go in given what we have all experienced over the past two years.  If this is the case, it's a nice move on CF's part- I would certainly embrace going to a park and having such a fun & enjoyable time it allows a few hours of forgetting what is happening outside the park.

There are many possibilities.

• Like 9

On 1/26/2022 at 4:01 PM, FUN&ONLY! said:

This could definitely mean something, but as for what Project Soul is or when it is coming, I have no clue. Also, I assume there are projects going on (or in the planning phases) all the time that nobody outside of Cedar Fair knows about. This is pretty interesting though. As for why the name “soul” was used, I am very curious. Project X kind of made sense with X-Base, but I have no clue what Project Soul is supposed to mean or hint at.

COMPLETELY DISAGREED!

• Haha 1